+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinemizer OLED Video Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    Tim, I'll be posting photos as soon as mine's completed.
    Ok, great!! Thanks

Navigator
    are the cinemizers realy $850?

Sorry chaps I didn't even think about getting any decent pictures during the build. Also it's been raining for like 3 weeks straight and the sun came out so I just rushed through this really quickly so it's not exactly pretty. But these days I've lost all vanity when it comes to this hobby.

With my version cinemizer you pull the rubber nose rest off which leaves a small nub of plastic. I basically pushed the delrin up against that nub and held it tight whilst piping in hotglue from the front. Tip with hotglue if you accidently let go and it stretches out whilst cooling... you need to start again, you can't just push it closed again, that just ruins the strength of it and it won't hold.

So with the nose in place, I could arrange the goggles on my face to get the right alignment. Then from the inside, whilst pushing to fit the delrin, I piped in hotglue glue all around. I might be a bit trigger happy but I just got a hot glue gun for the first time and it's AWESOME. Hot glue is the best thing ever, everyone in this hobby needs to get involved with it.

Sorry bad pic, from a gopro2 under heavy light, very poor... and my phone is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by imdone View Post
    are the cinemizers realy $850?
    You found something about the price? Or when to order? Or Pre Order?

Quote Originally Posted by londonguy View Post
    Sorry chaps I didn't even think about getting any decent pictures during the build. Also it's been raining for like 3 weeks straight and the sun came out so I just rushed through this really quickly so it's not exactly pretty. But these days I've lost all vanity when it comes to this hobby.

With my version cinemizer you pull the rubber nose rest off which leaves a small nub of plastic. I basically pushed the delrin up against that nub and held it tight whilst piping in hotglue from the front. Tip with hotglue if you accidently let go and it stretches out whilst cooling... you need to start again, you can't just push it closed again, that just ruins the strength of it and it won't hold.

So with the nose in place, I could arrange the goggles on my face to get the right alignment. Then from the inside, whilst pushing to fit the delrin, I piped in hotglue glue all around. I might be a bit trigger happy but I just got a hot glue gun for the first time and it's AWESOME. Hot glue is the best thing ever, everyone in this hobby needs to get involved with it.

Sorry bad pic, from a gopro2 under heavy light, very poor... and my phone is dead.

Great shot! Thanks for posting this. Looks clean. What I did on the front where you put hot-glue is to use a small bead of Sugru -- you can barely see it. Sounds like you're a fan of hot-glue... the 'nectar of gods'.... check out this funny flitetest video on hot-glue

http://flitetest.com/articles/Hot_Glue

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKS View Post
    You found something about the price? Or when to order? Or Pre Order?
    http://easy-entertain.com/shop/en/ci...oled/index.php

Pilot
    $860.00 USA currency.
    I may preOrder if its a lot clearer then FatShark Dominators:-)

Do we know that it won't goto BlueScreen when Video signal goes very low.

Quote Originally Posted by RcLab1 View Post
    $860.00 USA currency.
    I may preOrder if its a lot clearer then FatShark Dominators:-)

Do we know that it won't goto BlueScreen when Video signal goes very low.
    I never saw blue-screen, but I also never lost my signal completely... so have yet to find out.

Cor Blimey, Guv'nor!
    I'm taking photos along the way, but I've had to push the pause button until my Sugru arrives - which should be tomorrow.

One thing I did notice however, was that where you have the foam at the top and bottom for ventilation, when test-fitting the goggles even indoors I could see light coming in through the foam vent at the bottom, so I imagine I'll have to do something about this. Perhaps just more foam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Davidson View Post
    I'm taking photos along the way, but I've had to push the pause button until my Sugru arrives - which should be tomorrow.

One thing I did notice however, was that where you have the foam at the top and bottom for ventilation, when test-fitting the goggles even indoors I could see light coming in through the foam vent at the bottom, so I imagine I'll have to do something about this. Perhaps just more foam?
    The top is obviously blocked completely by the black felt that comes with the kit. You should leave some ventilation even if that means that a little bit of ambient light comes into the goggles. If you cover the bottom up as well, you will likely fog up the lenses and it will get too hot to wear them for longer periods of time. The bottom will only let in indirect light and it does not bother me.

+ Reply to Thread