Page 11 of 348 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

You won't see any GPS info until you get at least 4 or 5 sats- perhaps when you are testing with the OSD you have an environmental condition that is keeping the GPS from getting a lock.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
    You won't see any GPS info until you get at least 4 or 5 sats- perhaps when you are testing with the OSD you have an environmental condition that is keeping the GPS from getting a lock.
    I tested flying with it also but I get nothing in a 4min flight in open area (did 6 flight with 4min). The gps is mounted at the top. Does it matter that I run Naze32 Acro? I guess I don't need to full version just to get gps info? I won't see any searching or nothing in the OSD? I got the gps wired up to pin 3 and 4 on the Naze32 acro, the osd is connected to the two pins in the centre of the board. Could it be any setup inside Naze or that I used wrong ports or anything like that?

That's something I feel needs to be changed. Some indication on the OSD that GPS info is correct and searching. That way you know it's plugged in properly and looking for satellites.
    youtube.com/user/ezikiel121212
    COFPV.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ezikiel12 View Post
    That's something I feel needs to be changed. Some indication on the OSD that GPS info is correct and searching. That way you know it's plugged in properly and looking for satellites.
    So there is nothing showing that it's searching? Do I have to get GPS lock before I arm the quad and take off? I didn't wait more than maybe 30-40sec before I took off on my flights so if that's the case maybe I was to quick.

Navigator
    GPS function should be verified in Baseflight. The OSD is getting sat data from the naze32. Go into baseflight and verify GPS function (the GPS indicator will be green if it is working). You have to remove the OSD first, as the naze32 can only talk to 1 serial device at a time (baseflight, or OSD, not both). If you want a home lock, you have to wait for the the sat count to show up on the OSD before arming. You can take off right away and once you have sats it will show up, but you won't have a good home position.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotxj View Post
    GPS function should be verified in Baseflight. The OSD is getting sat data from the naze32. Go into baseflight and verify GPS function (the GPS indicator will be green if it is working). You have to remove the OSD first, as the naze32 can only talk to 1 serial device at a time (baseflight, or OSD, not both). If you want a home lock, you have to wait for the the sat count to show up on the OSD before arming. You can take off right away and once you have sats it will show up, but you won't have a good home position.
    Ok I just verified it with using the coordinates that came up in baseflight on google earth and it showed my position pretty accurat with missing with 2-3meters or so. Didn't take notice of the green gps indicator. Will have a look at that.

Navigator
    The problem might be related to gps/Naze anyways. I had a lock earlier when everything was just temporary wired up for testing but now when it's in the quad I can't get a gps lock anymore and no sattelites. I'm using the A-port of the ublox and it's temporary mounted at the top-front of my blackout 250 with a plastic spacer. Will have a look into what the problem could be and I wont be this quick on the trigger finger blaming mwosd next time

Navigator
    Are you running a 1.3 vtx by chance? I recently found out that 1.3 vtx on a small quad will swamp the GPS antenna. Unplug the vtx, boom instant gps lock. The solution is a low pass filter on the vtx.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=484

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotxj View Post
    Are you running a 1.3 vtx by chance? I recently found out that 1.3 vtx on a small quad will swamp the GPS antenna. Unplug the vtx, boom instant gps lock. The solution is a low pass filter on the vtx.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=484
    Well spotted.. removed the vtx now and got gps lock, put back the vtx and I could see that I got GPS info in the OSD. Lost gps lock shortly after I put the vtx back in business ^^ Thank you!

Navigator
    Cheers, glad to help.

Page 11 of 348 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast