Page 101 of 377 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3764

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

FPV IS THE CHIT!
    Man I don't know why everyone has problems! Lol.

I can take a fresh board, clear epprom and flash firmware in like 3 min max.

Then takes me only maybe 4-5 to do the "gui".

My buddy has a hard time too! He is a few hrs away so hard to see what's going on with his stuff.
    I use the usb programmer that came with my Remzibi OSD! So far "knock on wood" I've never experienced these issues others have.

Maybe I've just been lucky! Dunno.

I never touched "arduino" until messing with minimOSD and originally installing the "KVOSD".

I know I did a ton of reading and research prior to ever trying to flash/use the thing. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tri fever View Post
    Man I don't know why everyone has problems! Lol.

I can take a fresh board, clear epprom and flash firmware in like 3 min max.

Then takes me only maybe 4-5 to do the "gui".

My buddy has a hard time too! He is a few hrs away so hard to see what's going on with his stuff.
    I use the usb programmer that came with my Remzibi OSD! So far "knock on wood" I've never experienced these issues others have.

Maybe I've just been lucky! Dunno.

I never touched "arduino" until messing with minimOSD and originally installing the "KVOSD".

I know I did a ton of reading and research prior to ever trying to flash/use the thing. Lol.
    Several of us having issues with the 1.3 gui aren't exactly new to this stuff brother... It's not flashing firmware or "doing the gui" that's an issue, 1.3 firmware/gui has a bug when writing and saving to the OSD.
    youtube.com/user/ezikiel121212
    COFPV.com

^^^ Agreed. I've been on MWOSD since it was first introduced- not my first rodeo with this firmware (or the board with KVOSD). Shikra acknowledged there might be a problem with the 1.3 gui. I'm staying on 1.1 until it gets worked out. 1.3 looks great when the problems get worked out.

I hope I didn't come across as too negative also. I really do like this OSD and have been using it for a while now on both quads and planes. You can't beat the price and features and Shikra is doing an awesome job continually improving the software. With previous versions it has been quick and simple to get things working. I was able to fight through the bug in 1.3.

In 1.3, I love the map mode and layout editor. I can use HUD layout 4 to get the map mode and turn on and position all the other features I like. I also really like how the callsign is not constantly shown anymore when armed and flying. Showing the satellite status before a lock is also great.
    youtube.com/user/brightspectrum1

Just a quick drop in. working on big project at moment which finishes weds so can spend a little time with dev for MWOSD.

I still haven't been able to replicate the saving to eeprom issues, but am part way through a new implementation which will be finished off as priority when I can restart on thursday.
    There is a LOT more data sent to/from the gui than first release. It means the probability of error due to comms speed is increased exponentially. Especially at 115k which is default speed. Almost guaranteed to get a fail so it retries several times.

Next release will be a full GUI send / OSD confirm received approach. Downside is it will be slower. Approx 10 times more data to send over serial. Maybe in reality it will not be no slower as for a retry it will no longer send the entire settings data. Just one bit.

The positive is it opens up the ability to have 3 chosen layouts for tx with 3 position switch. Plus reduce current serial memory requirements.

FPV IS THE CHIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezikiel12 View Post
    Several of us having issues with the 1.3 gui aren't exactly new to this stuff brother... It's not flashing firmware or "doing the gui" that's an issue, 1.3 firmware/gui has a bug when writing and saving to the OSD.
    A bug is a bug. I wasn't really referring to bugs in the firmware! I was talking more about people not loading fonts, not clearing epprom prior to flashing etc. user errors from not following the steps right.

But apparently my post rubbed you wrong I take it.

Sorry wasn't my intention.

I have a question, or a request, is it possible to get "Maximum Amps" on the stat screen when you disarm?

Yep - this is very easy.
    Added to the wishlist.
    Also max altitude.

Just a question of having enough memory resource

Great, I can never remember to check what amps I'm drawing, as when I'm probably drawing max amps, I'm probably too busy flying!

I think it already has max altitude...?

shikra where you involved in the standalone firmware that Multirotormania is distributing? (I am sure you probably are) i kind of want to try that if it works with gps stand alone. will that firmware work with the 1.3 gui as it works great on my pc.

Page 101 of 377 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast