Page 376 of 378 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378 LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3774

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Glad you like it!

I also have F4 based FC design underway with AIO for when OSD has features I need.
    I hope you will like the connectivity options

Quote Originally Posted by Schalonsus View Post
    Thats a reason i dont like using AIO. There are missing a alot features of your great code
    BTW your AEROMAX is working flawlessly

MWOSD with DJI Phantom 2

G’day Shikra,

I am updating the FPV camera, VTX and S-Bus receiver on an old DJI Phantom 2. I also have several spare MinimOSDs and MicroOSDs and I currently use MWOSD on a Pixhawk powered Fixed Wing, and noticed that the MWOSD supports DJI NAZA... so am evaluating it for the DJI Phantom 2.

Reading this thread and the wiki I can see that data is taken via the tx pin of the EXT Port (in parralell with GPS/Mag - as per remzibi osd wiring diagram), but I cannot find anywhere that describes exactly what parameters are available to the osd. Where can I learn what data can be displayed via the osd? Also, I notice that the wiki describes flight mode display requires PWM signal via RSSI input on OSD, but I cannot find reference to where the PWM source can be found.

I am wondering whether the data available on the EXT Port is limited. Phantom 2 has CAN-Bus, does a solution exist to pull more detailed flight parameters from this Port?

Thanks so much,

j.

hello

I only have experience of Naza. Absolutely no idea of the phantom.

Assuming it works same as Naza, you will get most functionality except:
    1 Artificial horizon
    2 Mode display – unless you can tap will require a ppm or pwm input. I have no idea if Phantom 2 uses that. Probably be easier to buy a pukka DJI OSD
    3 Throttle – unless you can tap ppm

Quote Originally Posted by shikra View Post
    Good catch. I've never used that feature. I'll add into serial. Added to github bug list
    any idea how I can track down the issue with iNav that when I flip into ALTHOLD (actually ALTHOLD + STABLE) in fixed wing, the OSD does not show AHLD in the mode? the mode is definitely active in the plane...it stays showing STABLE....
    I asked in the iNAV thread but no response....this is going to be a he said- she said kind of thing....the whole MSP mode/box names/boxid thing is unknown to me so going thru the code is not productive...

any ideas how I can debug this?
    thanks

@atxheli - lets figure this out. I have added some debug in there to see what is coming from the FC

Download and install latest in repository - https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scara...ive/master.zip

Hook it up to FC, go into the OSD menu and then toggle althold off/on. Let me know parameters D0 and D1 and how they change when toggling althold

If I see what is coming from inav I can work out what is wrong

@atxheli - lets figure this out. I have added some debug in there to see what is coming from the FC

Download and install latest in repository - https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scara...ive/master.zip

Hook it up to FC, go into the OSD menu and then toggle althold off/on. Let me know parameters D0 and D1 and how they change when toggling althold

If I see what is coming from inav I can work out what is wrong
    thanks!...but I think we will need to do one minor tweak to this code before I can test it....we need to put the debug values permanently on a normal flight screen....I cant get into atlhold without being in the air...iNAV wont go into hold unless at altitude in fixed wing since it takes over the throttle...I can turn off the horzon bar via the osd menu and if you can place them smack in the middle I can see them change as I go into that mode when flying...sorry

OK I get it. We can do this. I use sometimes for inflight debug

If you have OSD linked to RC channel, can use this in config.h:
    #define DEBUG 1 // Enable/disable option to display OSD debug values. Define which OSD switch position to show debug on screen display 0 (default), 1 or 2. 4 for always on
    set to 0,1 or 2 to enable in low/mid

If you dont want all the otehr stuff, this can be disabled in def.h:
    //#define DEBUGDPOSRCDATA 33 // display RCDATA values at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSANAL 84 // display sensor values at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSPWM 264 // display PWM values at position X
    #define DEBUGDPOSVAL 40 // display debug values at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSLOOP 160 // display loop rate value at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSSAT 190 // display sat value at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSARMED 250 // display armed value at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSPACKET 280 // display serial packet rate rate value at position X
    //#define DEBUGDPOSMEMORY 310 // display free heap/stack memory at position X. Requires MEMCHECK and not valid in latest Arduino versions
    //#define DEBUGDPOSRX 220 // display serial data rate at position X

Quote Originally Posted by atxheli View Post
    thanks!...but I think we will need to do one minor tweak to this code before I can test it....we need to put the debug values permanently on a normal flight screen....I cant get into atlhold without being in the air...iNAV wont go into hold unless at altitude in fixed wing since it takes over the throttle...I can turn off the horzon bar via the osd menu and if you can place them smack in the middle I can see them change as I go into that mode when flying...sorry

OK I get it. We can do this. I use sometimes for inflight debug
    Got it all setup to show when in Stable mode (with and without ALTHOLD) and ready for test flight....but on the ground D0 gives -32767 for Passthru, 16 for Acro, and 18 for Stable via OSD menu, which it also shows on the stable mode flight screen....D1 is always 0
    its supposed to rain tomorrow and if it does, then I will be gone on a Thanksgiving holiday trip until 11/26 beginning Thursday ..and will try to fly when I return to get the value when in ALTHOLD....otherwise, I will try tomorrow to get the value....
    thanks

BTW...I did scan the code some and the prioritization of the mode decoding case statement appears right on to me(not a surprise of course)...must be the wrong mode bit is being sent by FC ...we'll see
    Last edited by atxheli; 14th November 2017 at 09:46 PM.

This might be worth a try....
    the only thing I can see is the iNAV have added more boxes so it is possible it is sending more than the 32 max so get unpredictable results in MWOSD. Its a bit desperate TBH!

in serial.ino amend as below,

#if defined ACROPLUS
    case 29:
    mode.acroplus |= bit;
    break;
    #endif //ACROPLUS
    }
    if (bit<0x7FFFFF)
    bit <<= 1UL;
    --remaining;
    }
    }
    #endif

tried with debug, but not the patch to code.... stable mode unarmed= 18, upon arming D0=19....during flight when switching to ALTHOLD D0=275....

should I still try the code patch? or does this lead you somewhere else?

will be out of pocket until 11/22 to try anything more...

Page 376 of 378 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378 LastLast