Page 368 of 373 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 3722

Thread: MWOSD - for BETAFLIGHT CLEANFLIGHT RACEFLIGHT PIXHAWK KISS DRONIN INAV and others

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by shikra View Post
    For read OSD it only reads the settings and not layouts.
    Intention is layouts are produced on PC and then uploaded to the OSD.

I must admit being able to read back would be a usefull feature…
    ok, thanks. Yes it would be a great feature to have the GUI read the OSD screen layout. In the next release perhaps? ;-)

Hi,
    I built a new quad with NAZE32 FC and loaded it with iNAV 1.7.2. Connected to it minim OSD running MWOSD 1.6, but OSD behaves strange. Basic data are shown normally, but artifical horizont doesn't work and when I in FC enable GPS and then do ARM and DISARM FC, OSD gets stuck in statistic page which can't be left. I tested also inav 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 and OSD behaves the same.
    I also bought Chrome MWOSD configurator 1.7.1.7 and loaded OSD 1.7.2, but this I can't configure with the new configurator, which doesn't connect to my OSD. (I wrote it already to configurator forum.) New configurator can flash firmware (so serial port works), but when trying to connect to OSD, it keep writing "Waiting for OSD".
    So I'm some way in a trap and can't finish my new quad for FPV.
    Do you have any idea about any of problems? If needed, I can give more info.

Partial solution of not working Chrome GUI in meantime: as PatrikE advised me I temporary changed comm speed of GUI to 57k6 and then back to correct 115k and GUI started working. Looks like that after installation GUI declared to communicate at 115k, but wasn't - after chaging speed somewhere a back was speed set properly.
    Problem of OSD 1.7.2. I didn't solve yet, but have new findings: Problem is not any software, but my NAZE32 rev.6 hardware (not original, probably some clone). There is something wrong in joining onboard USB converter and RXD/TXD pins from OSD. RXD pin is internally (from USB converter?) strongly pulled up (38 mA needed to sink to get log. LOW) so OSD can't maintain proper logical levels and data are corrupted. If it's only my board, or it's all rev.6 from the same source I don't know... Any such experience wellcome!
    Last edited by rptacek; 13th August 2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: new findings

does anyone know if the macro minim osd kicks out noise on the 433mhz band?
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Quote Originally Posted by rptacek View Post
    Hi,
    I built a new quad with NAZE32 FC and loaded it with iNAV 1.7.2. Connected to it minim OSD running MWOSD 1.6, but OSD behaves strange. Basic data are shown normally, but artifical horizont doesn't work and when I in FC enable GPS and then do ARM and DISARM FC, OSD gets stuck in statistic page which can't be left. I tested also inav 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 and OSD behaves the same.
    I also bought Chrome MWOSD configurator 1.7.1.7 and loaded OSD 1.7.2, but this I can't configure with the new configurator, which doesn't connect to my OSD. (I wrote it already to configurator forum.) New configurator can flash firmware (so serial port works), but when trying to connect to OSD, it keep writing "Waiting for OSD".

osdThanks!
    If you are waiting for osd then it is not connecting to the serial port. Load up the config program. Look at what com ports are there. Then plug in your osd and refresh the list. Change to new com port. If nothing shows up then you don't have the correct drivers for your programer installed.
    Whaka's Tinkerings blog --> http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?36623-Whaka-s-Tinkering&p=631753#post631753
    Battle H Virus (home build basher quad tutorial) --> ]http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12544-Tutorial-Battle-H-Virus
    Range record on 5.8ghz 200mw 24km --> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1441664

The one thing I know how to do well with FPV - crash. All in a day of fun!
    I believe landing is a full body experience .... I do my best to aim for your body.

Hello,
    i have a problem with version MWosd 1.7.1. (latest version accesseble with chrome app)
    The MWosd 1.6 runs fine.
    I am useing same settings on both firmwareversion (save/load)
    My cam is: FOXEER HS1177M 600TVL HAD II CCD PAL NTSC 2.8mm IR Blocked Mini FPV Camera 5V-22V
    My osd:
    Power Distribution Board PDB w/OSD BEC Output 5V/12V 3A + LC Filter For CC3D FC
    My fc: cc3d F4 with bf3.1.7

After update the osd is gone. If i unplugg the cam, i see osd. If i reconnect the cam then the osd stay.
    During a normal boot of cam and osd, the osd is not visible.

Resumè:
    As long as i boot cam and osd at same time with 1.7.1 there is no osd visualisation.
    If i reconnect cam after boot, everything works fine.

I looked at latest code in latest repo. It might be there but I couldn't see a variable that looked like it
    I could be wrong but I think this is only available to embedded OSD. I couldn't see it on serial interface

I have posted a feature request at https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...tor/issues/612

after looking this over though it would only be usefull if it worked for serial interface openlog devices for myself and i dont think its setting the file name on the flight controller side. the code specifies sd card and im guessing that is for onboard sd card slots which none of my fc currently have.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by ShortnStubby; 13th August 2017 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
    Hi!
    don't know your board, but from my experience every switching BEC emites some RF noise and higher ferquency is it running (smaller coil) wider noise sprectrum it emits. If you use openLRSng (https://github.com/openLRSng/openLRSngWiki/wiki) or only have compatible module, you can measure noise using embedded spectral analyzer - put lrs antenna close to your OSD and run 2 tests - one with OSD off and 2nd with OSD on and you will see the true!

As above really.

I have experienced it with several OSD but only had issues with one minim so far. It may have been one with an on board sbec.

Buy one of tehse and with right software you can test....
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...___store=en_us

Quote Originally Posted by whakahere View Post

Hi – sometimes we see this with various cams. I am not sure if something is running out of spec or , there is a power up delay timing issue.99% of time, autocamera detect works well.

I would recommend installing using Arduino method, disabling the following line in config.h and changing the NTSC/PAL setting
    #define AUTOCAM // Disable if no screen display. Enables autodetect Camera type PAL/NTSC. Overrides GUI/OSD settings.

If not used Arduino, follow custom instruction in here:
    https://github.com/ShikOfTheRa/scara...ck-start-guide

Quote Originally Posted by skynet.com View Post
    Hello,
    i have a problem with version MWosd 1.7.1. (latest version accesseble with chrome app)
    The MWosd 1.6 runs fine.
    I am useing same settings on both firmwareversion (save/load)
    My cam is: FOXEER HS1177M 600TVL HAD II CCD PAL NTSC 2.8mm IR Blocked Mini FPV Camera 5V-22V
    My osd:
    Power Distribution Board PDB w/OSD BEC Output 5V/12V 3A + LC Filter For CC3D FC
    My fc: cc3d F4 with bf3.1.7

After update the osd is gone. If i unplugg the cam, i see osd. If i reconnect the cam then the osd stay.
    During a normal boot of cam and osd, the osd is not visible.

Resumè:
    As long as i boot cam and osd at same time with 1.7.1 there is no osd visualisation.
    If i reconnect cam after boot, everything works fine.

Also note there are issue in trying to run OSD and FC configurator at same time. As a general rule - physically they shouldn't be connected to same uart at same time. Also even with different UARTS I see corruption sometimes on CLI. I guess FC gets confused because sees MSP connections on two ports at same time. It is po

Quote Originally Posted by rptacek View Post
    Hi,

Partial solution of not working Chrome GUI in meantime: as PatrikE advised me I temporary changed comm speed of GUI to 57k6 and then back to correct 115k and GUI started working. Looks like that after installation GUI declared to communicate at 115k, but wasn't - after chaging speed somewhere a back was speed set properly.
    Problem of OSD 1.7.2. I didn't solve yet, but have new findings: Problem is not any software, but my NAZE32 rev.6 hardware (not original, probably some clone). There is something wrong in joining onboard USB converter and RXD/TXD pins from OSD. RXD pin is internally (from USB converter?) strongly pulled up (38 mA needed to sink to get log. LOW) so OSD can't maintain proper logical levels and data are corrupted. If it's only my board, or it's all rev.6 from the same source I don't know... Any such experience wellcome!

Page 368 of 373 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370 ... LastLast