I'd like to share some development for the MINIM OSD hardware.
MWOSD is a FREE Multipurpose Open Source OSD software solution for use primarily with UAV's and with support for traditional GPS based OSD functionality and also significantly enhanced direct support for a number of popular UAV flight controllers:
- DJI NAZA
MWOSD also provides support a number of other configurations:
- Traditional GPS based OSD with full GPS info - Altitude , Direction, Distance, Speed etc.
- Traditional standalone basic OSD - basic Volts / Amps / RSSI / Timer
- Groundstation OSD for GS voltage / RSSI and Timer
Source code and packaged download / brief instructions / calibration guides are available here:
It has been around since first release in March 2014 year and development has continued with many new features added and subsequent updated releases.
Its fully compatible with minim OSD / all in one boards such as:
A quick vid overview of some of the features
- 8 Preset customisable OSD layouts can be selected from GUI
- Switch between any 3 Layouts with a tx channel
- Flight mode indicator - ACRO/STAB/RTH / HOLD / NAVIGATION
- Voltage - Main battery & Video
- Amperage - draw and total used
- Direction, speed and distance from home
- Altitude and climb / descend rate Vario
- Satellite count
- Compass and heading
- RSSI - analogue or PWM
- Positional MAP awareness mode
- Flight timer
- GPS time
- FRSKY SPORT individual cell status
- Scrolling altitude and speed HUD
- Artificial Horizon
- Gimbal active indicator
- Support for up to 6s cells
- Virtual current sensor option - no hardware required
- Voltage, current, distance and altitude warning indicators
Support continued development of MWOSD
This is an open source project with development by volunteers on an unfunded basis.
You can help continuing with improvements by donating just a couple of dollars towards the equipment needed to test the wide range of hardware MWOSD supports.
Technical support is community based - I am unable to help with any hardware issues / wiring etc. etc. although there are plenty of good resources out there. I prefer to develop as my contribution....
Camera Compatibility - Click here for compatible and incompatible cameras