Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won't baseflight connect on my Mac ?

Navigator

Why won't baseflight connect on my Mac ?

Just spent 3 fruitless hours trying to configure my new Naze32 with baseflight on my MacBook Pro. Installed driver and software, and was able to launch it but it does not read the board thru USB. Read a lot of info on rcgroups and other forums but can't figure out why its not working properly. Very frustrating. I'm throwing in the towel for tonight.

Navigator
    I am having the same issue. macbook pro OS X 10.9.4 I am a newbie - so I could be doing something wrong.

I have http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Docu...VCP_Driver.zip Mac drivers installed and rebooted mac after install.
    this is what I have on baseflight Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 37.0.2062.120, Configurator: 0.51

Navigator
    Just realized the Silabs download osx driver only goes up to ver 10.8. I'm running 10.9. Duh!

Navigator
    The read me with the drivers say 10.9

Navigator
    Eureka! Finally connected baseflight to my my Naze32 on Mac. Reinstalled driver and chrome a few times, and re plugged USB a dozen times. I don't know what I did wrong or right. Puzzling but my persistence worked. Here the steps I followed from another forum:

-From Silabs.com download and install VCP drivers for the CP210X VCP - CP210x VCP Mac OSX Drivers

-Check the USB port through System Information (CMD plus Apple Icon) to see if the driver installed.

-Force the serial connection to be recognized by running the following line at the command terminal: sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial

-Install Chrome and then Baseflight configurator plug-In

-Open Baseflight then find and "connect" to the USB Serial Port for the Naze32 in Baseflight configurator
    -Update the firmware on the naze32 by using the “online” version of the flash loader

Navigator
    This is not needed any more: sudo ln -s /dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART /dev/tty.usbserial with newest version of Chrome.

Navigator

Why won't baseflight connect on my Mac ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 11.25.59 AM.png 
Views:	417 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	51544

I am still unable to get my Naze32 to connect to baseflight.

I have new Mac now - download and installed Latest CP210x Drivers and rebooted.

Installed chrome and baseflight

this baseflight console 11:22:46 -- Running - OS: MacOS, Chrome: 37.0.2062.120, Configurator: 0.51
    11:22:50 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 1
    11:22:57 -- You need to connect before you can view any of the tabs
    11:23:00 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
    11:23:00 -- Serial port successfully closed
    11:23:10 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 2
    11:23:20 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
    11:23:20 -- Serial port successfully closed
    11:23:37 -- You need to connect before you can view any of the tabs
    11:23:38 -- You need to connect before you can view any of the tabs
    11:23:40 -- Serial port successfully opened with ID: 3
    11:23:50 -- No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed
    11:23:50 -- Serial port successfully closed

Navigator
    I know the feeling it's very frustrating. Like I said, I reinstalled driver and chrome a few times before
    It finally worked. Good Luck. I'm almost ready for my maiden w/my new Blackout mini H.

I know this is not helpful... but ditch the MAC, this is only the first of may problems that you will encounter by attempting to use the machine for applications outside the box that Apple has defined for you.

There are many low cost options for PC based OS that you could pick up used or even new. I bought a MAC book as a "graduation" present to myself when I got out of college (about 7 years ago now), the computer still runs great, but Apple has "obsoleted it" by not allowing newer versions of programs such as "itunes" to work on the OS (and thus updating phones, like the iphone is impossible). Funny that my laptop running windows XP will install and run all versions of itunes.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Navigator
    Im running windows xp in parallel w/boot camp on my MacBook Pro.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast