Page 92 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

That's what I figured. I can live with it though, I fly a few different battery configs. It would be nice if it displayed mah consumed. That's so minor, I don't have any complaints about Ruby this thing is amazing and really takes a lot of the stress out of FPV flights.
    KK4UDS

I use different batteries. Jim did a config that counts forward mah from 0. You only have to remember the battery mah is on use.
    Have a nice day!!!

Counting forward is the way to go for now....We all have different size batteries.

Does that mean that the "battery time remaining" is also incorrect if it's assuming 10,000mah battery? Perhaps I will ask Jim to configure it for my long range battery configuration that is 8400mah or I'll just buy batteries that are 10,000 mah. I saw Range Video was selling 3cell 10,000 pack.
    KK4UDS

Navigator
    Anyone heard anything from Jim about the MFD AAT compatibility firmware update?

Quote Originally Posted by slarys View Post
    Anyone heard anything from Jim about the MFD AAT compatibility firmware update?
    The firmware is ready for testing. Unfortunately all the testers gave up sooner or later. In case you are interested in serious testing then let me know. I will provide the firmware and some instructions. I simple hardware mod is required to include a audio volume control.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mictronics View Post
    The firmware is ready for testing. Unfortunately all the testers gave up sooner or later. In case you are interested in serious testing then let me know. I will provide the firmware and some instructions. I simple hardware mod is required to include a audio volume control.
    I was waiting for the update to buy the MFD AAT. If we are that close then I will go ahead and place the order. Then I will be able to test it.

Navigator
    Hey there
    Is anyone allread useing ruby with a talon airframe? If so, where should the air-speed-sensor be placed. Any chance to do that in the fuselage instead of the wing (to reduce wiring and connectors)?

Quote Originally Posted by nique View Post
    Hey there
    Is anyone allread useing ruby with a talon airframe? If so, where should the air-speed-sensor be placed. Any chance to do that in the fuselage instead of the wing (to reduce wiring and connectors)?
    Keep in mind that the airspeed sensor includes also the magnetic field sensor. To avoid later problems with heading indication you want to place it as far as possible away from any ferrous/magnetic parts like servos, nuts and bolts etc. Also keep the number of raw earth magnets at the plane at a minimum.

Second putting the magnetometer out on the wing. In my Skyhunter I originally put it plus Pitot tube in the nose. Everything was fine with the battery simply plugged in, but as soon as I powered up and started drawing high amps the magnetometer readings were showing an error. Magnetic field produced by battery draw and nearby wires threw it all off.

Page 92 of 142 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast