Page 87 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
    Just to chip in, not quite on the current topic. I have been flying a Ruby now for 30 something hours in a super Sky Surfer and its a fantastic bit of kit. Does exactly what it says it will, every time and accurately. I was planning on writing up the experience when the SSS had hit 100 hours of flight time but I don't think the airframe will make it. Mostly because of me knocking it getting it in and out of the car and UV from the strong sun we have here in Africa. The foam is beginning to go soft.
    The Ruby though. What a thing its great. This is what I am doing with it the music was for a dare and actually its a boring video.
    The video has some great information on what is possible with the Ruby system. you may want to post it over in the "positive uses" thread.
    I love this kind of stuff!!

Later,
    Gundy

Hey guys, I'm going to add a Ruby based SW to my fleet anyone have a well experienced ruby layout for the SW... read the recommended layout from uthere, just searching for any best practices.

In case SW means Skywalker then check this out: http://fpvlab.com/forums/group.php?d...=99&do=discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Mictronics View Post
    In case SW means Skywalker then check this out: http://fpvlab.com/forums/group.php?d...=99&do=discuss
    cool, I was thinking wing for the magnetometer, where did you end up placing the GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Mictronics View Post
    Hmmm... my post seems to have disappeared? maybe I hit cancel... anyways... Cool build photos, I like the idea of the magnetometer out on the wing... where did you place the GPS?

Anybody knows about Jim these days? I did write a Mail with some datas two days ago, but i don't know nothing about him. Probably he is busy. I do not like disturb, only about knows if he is responding to all of us, and my mail did not come.
    Thanks.
    Have a nice day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helishoen View Post
    Hmmm... my post seems to have disappeared? maybe I hit cancel... anyways... Cool build photos, I like the idea of the magnetometer out on the wing... where did you place the GPS?
    The GPS is placed on the flat spot along the tail boom just behind the propeller.

^ I think Jim might be away or out of town. A friend recently purchased a Ruby, sent an email, and received an auto-response that emails would probably not be returned before Wednesday. It has been a couple of days since I sent an email to Jim and he hasn't responded yet, which is very unlike him. I'm not worried about it. Give it a couple of more days.

I think it is OK to post a video like this, despite the GroundControl software being in 'Beta'. This was shot this past weekend at an FPV meet. I was unfamiliar with the area and got a bit lost. There were a good amount of people at the event, and some crazy stuff going on, including lighting off rockets. I should have paid more attention to the 'home' location on the OSD, instead of going by the compass direction and reference points on the ground.

Anyway, Ruby saves the day...No wonder I just bought my 2nd Ruby, and my flying buddy that picked up the plane at the end, just ordered a Ruby + OSD too. You have to hear the audio commentary at the very end...LOL!

NEFPV^
    I can't believe this place is real!

uThereRUBY : Beta

FYI, Jim answered all of my questions in an email I received this morning.
    NEFPV^
    I can't believe this place is real!

I recived a mail from Jim this afternoon. Thanks.
    Have a nice day!!!

Page 87 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast