Page 47 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    I was looking back at the sketch that Jim did and he used the larger tubing at the leading edge of the wing, I assume to keep the smaller tube straight. Do most folks use the larger tubing, or have it installed like I do in my previous post (last picture)?

I am starting to second guess whether I should slip the larger tube over the smaller tube...

-Allen
    The larger tube supports for the smaller tube and DOES give it some rigidity. I've used shrink wrap over both at the LE to strengthen it even more (see photo). Just an option.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1069.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	22404

Co-Pilot
    I am STILL grounded... we got a foot of fresh snow and when it is gone, my flying area will be flooded again.. getting pretty sucky.. Maybe OSD will be available by the time I get off the ground..

Quote Originally Posted by BldrFlyr View Post
    The larger tube supports for the smaller tube and DOES give it some rigidity. I've used shrink wrap over both at the LE to strengthen it even more (see photo). Just an option.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1069.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	308.1 KB 
ID:	22404

Thanks BldrFlyr- I ended up using the larger tube, although it was a pain to slide it over the smaller tube. I used some mineral oil to help lube 'er up...

I maidened my Ruby today- it performed well. My first "cautious" flight had no issues so I was a little more adventuresome on the second flight (see video below). The flight itself isn't exactly thrilling but the autonomous landing at the end is pretty darn good.

The wind was at about 9 mph gusting to maybe 12 or 13 and the Ruby made a graceful landing exactly where it was supposed to. It is a strange feeling to flip the switch and see your plane start to fly away as it sets up its landing pattern. I was pretty nervous until it touched-down (better than I could have).

Now that I have the Ruby installed, I am excited to see the software that Jim and crew have said they would release. I would love to overlay my flights on Google Earth and to see exactly what my plane is doing.

The flight looks good. Check ur esc brake to see where u have it set. I found to delay the brake more using the Ruby. U got close to those trees on the landing. Got to always take your approach into account when using auto land. : )

Quote Originally Posted by BldrFlyr View Post
    The flight looks good. Check ur esc brake to see where u have it set. I found to delay the brake more using the Ruby. U got close to those trees on the landing. Got to always take your approach into account when using auto land. : )
    Hey BldrFlyr- thanks for the info on the ESC brake... so you delayed the brake on the ESC more when you started using the Ruby? What do this do?

Yea, I was pretty close to the trees. I was giving it some up elevator and I think the GoPro made it look a little closer than I was (but probably not that much!).

Co-Pilot
    Yay on the landing.. (FPV camera there flopping around?).. trees look a tad close eeek..

I have the Ruby installed in my ZII, and when in mid flight I change the Ruby modes with the switch, one of the Aileron/Elevator wags with the switch, it's that happen also with you guys?
    just wondering, cause in the Gopro videos I made, I can clearly see when I'm changing modes by the horizon jumping due to the Aileron wag.
    Thanks!!

Pablo.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Australia's Home of FPV Mongrel Gear's Avatar
    Hi Pablo,

I can't say that I have noticed, but will pay more attention to mine the next time.
    Mongrel Gear Australia
    TBS Distributor - Down Under.
    Http://www.mongrelgear.com.au
    Come and join us on FaceBook. http://www.facebook.com/mongrelgearaustralia
    FPVLab http://fpvlab.com/forums/forumdispla...Gear-Australia

Ok, Thanks!! today made two more flights and made the same wags in the air.

Pablo.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Page 47 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast