Page 36 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

That's the new one which I believe Jim is sending out now. I have one of those from a recent kit. You can put tape over the air/mag pocket hole but you DO need a slit or two in the tape to balance the pressure.

Co-Pilot

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RandallJ View Post
    OK so pocket has be equalized to outside airpressure (its a control/baseline) and the pitot tube has the air rushing into it (airspeed)

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by afinegan View Post
    OK so pocket has be equalized to outside airpressure (its a control/baseline) and the pitot tube has the air rushing into it (airspeed)
    Yes but my sensor is located a bit too far "forward" you could mount sensor back further closer to where the "mean" camber and chord lines run parallel so as to get out of any airfoil induced pressure area.. my bad...

my tape was a fix for my mounting mistake..

Last edited by RandallJ; 31st January 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallJ View Post
    Yes but my sensor is located a bit too far "forward" you could mount sensor back further closer to where the "mean" camber and chord lines run parallel so as to get out of any airfoil induced pressure area.. my bad...

my tape was a fix for my mounting mistake..

Correct. This could be a problem for you. As the instructions indicate, install the air/mag as far back from LE as possible, say 4" or so and close to centerline of the wing. Usually the air/mag closely butts up against a wing spar. Jim might be able to recalibrate your air/mag given it's close proximity to the LE.....

You might be able see mine on the left wing of my SSS. It's right up against the main wing spar about 3-4" from LE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1008.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	20440  

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by BldrFlyr View Post
    Correct. This could be a problem for you. As the instructions indicate, install the air/mag as far back from LE as possible, say 4" or so and close to centerline of the wing. Usually the air/mag closely butts up against a wing spar. Jim might be able to recalibrate your air/mag given it's close proximity to the LE.....

You might be able see mine on the left wing of my SSS. It's right up against the main wing spar about 3-4" from LE.
    Mine will be ok as long as the seal is ok.. it is vented behind the spar so should be good.. Worst case, I just foam in, re-cut and remount..

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    And make sure your tube extends at least 1" from the LE or it causes problems. Yes I know from first hand experience.

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    And make sure your tube extends at least 1" from the LE or it causes problems. Yes I know from first hand experience.
    +1 and it is supported so not as to bend in the breeze..

Navigator
    When they say connect the left aileron and the right, is that from the back of the ZII "^" or is it when the ZII is facing you (I hate left and right since it has 2 different meanings)

Also, the current sensor has 2 i2c connectors now and not the wide connector, so I just connect the current sensor into one of the i2c ports and thats it?
    Last edited by afinegan; 2nd February 2013 at 02:18 AM.

Co-Pilot
    Left and right are usually looking from the back in the direction of travel..

Can not help you with the current sensor..

Page 36 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast