Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Quote Originally Posted by RandallJ View Post
    I removed the foam cockpit and made a new one for the tilt/pan unit.. I could go in front of that then..

Yep. Good place but I think the magnets could pose a problem...

So if I am going to use the Ruby with a Ezosd what is the proper way to wire the EZOSD Current sensor and the Ruby current sensor.I am thinking bat in to input of the ezosd Current censor and output of ezosd current sensor to in of Ruby current sensor and out of Ruby Current sensor to the esc does this sound right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Currnt Sensors.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	20428

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    So if I am going to use the Ruby with a Ezosd what is the proper way to wire the EZOSD Current sensor and the Ruby current sensor.I am thinking bat in to input of the ezosd Current censor and output of ezosd current sensor to in of Ruby current sensor and out of Ruby Current sensor to the esc does this sound right.

The layout you have demonstrated is correct and the one I am using in my Penguin, I am using the Deans plugs so it is a simple matter to drop out the EZOSD unit and go with Jims OSD when it comes out.

Just a note here as well.. If any one is thinking of using the Futaba 8J with the rx S-bus link to Ruby I would hold of until Jim has time to update the firmware to handle the fast rate timing rate that the rx transmits to Ruby.

Below I have posted some pictures of my Futaba set up and Immersion RC- The HD screen on top is a 5.8 rx on the Immersion channels and has a built in DVR with it's own battery. I have yet to improve on the sunshade for this.. Added a stand (third leg) to the base of the Immersion TX.. The whole unit clips of from the Futaba TX in 30 seconds.

Name:	2013-01-20 17.48.51.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	20430

Name:	2013-01-20 17.49.17.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	20431

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
    The whole unit clips of from the Futaba TX in 30 seconds.
    And Weights? Nice rig BTW!!!!

Pablo.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post

That's the way I have mine wired using xt60 connectors. I'm still setting up the Ruby though on this plane and once it's done, I'll hookup the EZosd and go from there. So I can't give any advice as of yet. If Ruby OSD comes beforehand, I'll scrap the EZosd.

Navigator
    I just got the ruby from Jim (it was in my hands 3 days later from order, !awesome!),
    I am going to disconnect the 5v from the ppm cable going to my ezuhf, I have had better luck with my FPV experience running separate power to each device in my plane, I dont want to daisy chain.

I will power the ruby, ezuhf, 2 servos(where amps are needed) directly from my 7amp ubec (yes overkill, but overkill is a good thing hehe) - just have the signal wires talking between them.

The only thing that sucks is my plane is already laminated and coated, I guess Ill tape up the holes I cut and relaminate over it.

BTW, that pitot tube module, it says not to cover up the small holes on the bottom, do people mount the module with hot glue/CA on the edges of the board only ?
    Last edited by afinegan; 31st January 2013 at 02:10 PM.

BTW, that pitot tube module, it says not to cover up the small holes on the bottom, do people mount the module with hot glue/CA on the edges of the board only ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I do using hot glue. Then you can take it out easily if need be.

Hmm my baro sensors had no bottom holes. Is there a new one? Can you provide a picture?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by BldrFlyr View Post
    BTW, that pitot tube module, it says not to cover up the small holes on the bottom, do people mount the module with hot glue/CA on the edges of the board only ?
    Yes, that's what I do using hot glue. Then you can take it out easily if need be.[/QUOTE]

The pocket the module is in can be sealed off from the outside air right (tape over the hole). so the module its inside a chamber held by the edges and only 1 tube heads out the front, so theres the pressure of the tube and the pressure of the inside chamber where the module sits (just want to get it installed properly)

Navigator
    [/QUOTE]
    This picture from earlier, is the one I have, it has 2 opposite tube clamps (tube fits over it)

Page 35 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast