Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1415

Thread: uThereRUBY

Navigator
    Is it the firmware on the uthere website?

Ritewing Zehyr II and UThere Ruby
    CineTank MK2 Long Arm and Eagle Tree Vector
    ZMR250 and Naze32/Raiju 155
    OpenLRS all the way!
    EMAXX 6x6 ground rig

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer451 View Post
    Has anyone tried Auto-Launch using the Wicked firmware? I have not but was trying the bungee-launch-auto-launch. It did not work and Jim has the data on that flight. The throttle/motor simply did not increase after the plane few off the bungee and I engaged THR to 100%.
    I use to bungee launch; but 1st throttle to 100℅ and no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrock View Post
    I have Jims Special Wicked firmware installed in my Nurf..
    Seams to be rock solid .. more responsive etc.
    Not sure of the version number tho. Was meant to be the latest and greatest.
    M
    Mcrock: how do you like the nurf??

Navigator
    I have 2 of them and another one to build.. Like the plane a lot..
    Next build will allow me to just plug the wing down into position without having to mess with any wires.

Can't wait to get into that build.
    It will also be painted as I have found a Rusteolum 2x supplier where I live.

M

Navigator
    Oh forgot to mention that I have 2 fuselage for that build.
    One for mapping and one with the Titan Tricopter Gimble from fortressairframes.com built in to the build using the same wings tho.
    M

***SOLD*** I am selling a brand new Ruby, Ruby OSD, and Expander Board. I am the original owner. The units have never been installed. I believe that Jim from uThere has said that he will honor service from the original owner to the new owner but this would need to be confirmed with him.

I bought the Ruby for $345 (came with a free Expander) and the OSD for $145. I will sell them both for $450. This is $40 below the new cost, which is a fair price for a flight controller that is sought after, but is no longer available. Please PM me if interested.
    Last edited by BacklashRC; 31st August 2015 at 11:11 PM.

Thought Id drag up an old thread. My Ruby is still working well after many flights. The Uthere website seems to be pretty much unchanged. Anyone out there have any info on development? Any plans to update the GPS with the new GLONASS satellite gps units? Is Jim still out there?
    OpenLRS all the way!
    EMAXX 6x6 ground rig

The future of Ruby, uThere, and Jim Hall

Hi Everyone,

Ruby and I are very much alive and continuing to evolve. Ruby and related development remains the sole focus of my life's work for the foreseeable future.

We have gotten away from sales of Ruby and related components to hobbyists for self-installation in their own aircraft, however. We've been focused for the past few years on working with manufacturers of commercial UAVs. I also still hope that uThere will realize its original vision and someday offer a turnkey fixed wing or VTOL "personal UAV" designed and priced for consumers and general utility.

I'm no longer selling Ruby components to new customers, but I have continued to try to take care of all past / existing customers who have been so supportive over the years. I'm thankful to all of you and other Ruby customers for your support over the years which got me and uThere to where we are today.

Unfortunately the current commercial work is demands nearly of every minute of my time, is critical for uThere's income, and on tight timeline. So lately and in coming weeks there has and will often be a long delay in getting a response from me. I do intend to respond to all requests eventually, but things like troubleshooting, flight data analysis, or updated configuration files may take a few weeks if I'm up against a tight deadline as I have been lately and can't find a spare 15 - 30 minutes.

So, I hope to hear from anyone that would like further support for their Ruby, but I'll have to ask you to be patient as you wait for a response.

I have been selling additional Ruby components to existing Ruby customers, but stock of the original Ruby hardware is now down to zero and I can't justify another production run of that design. I plan to produce "Ruby II" and hope make these available to past customers who might care to be beta testers, but I have no idea of timeline at this point other than knowing that it will not happen before Q4 2016. There's also a good chance that I'll not be able to offer the systems to the public at all.

In case you're curious, uThere has recently brought on two full time engineers and moved into a nice lab space. We are currently adapting Ruby to a large electric VTOL aircraft and developing long range digital video capabilities to add to existing pan/tilt camera tracking. . It is being underwritten by a larger UAV manufacturer. It feels so good to have all the resources I need and not be worried about expenses or having to do so many things other than engineering and testing. A very exciting project - engineer's heaven (except for the hellish deadlines). Life is much better for me, Ruby, and my new team at uThere these days.

Regards,

Jim

Sweet! A response from the man himself. All of that sounds quite cool. What is this possible "Ruby 2" going to improve upon over the original? I don't think it really needs much...maybe improve the board layout for better wire management. I think that is about my only complaint.

I'd love to build up a Drak with an improved Ruby. And I'm up for beta testing if you need any far north cold weather testers...
    Last edited by jrwperformance; 10th July 2016 at 11:59 PM.
    OpenLRS all the way!
    EMAXX 6x6 ground rig

Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142 LastLast