Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Navigator
    Also, the current sensor has 2 i2c connectors now and not the wide connector, so I just connect the current sensor into one of the i2c ports and thats it?
    Use the i2c 1 connector sockets. Tell Jim you are using i2c when sending the ritual file.

Navigator

Wink Some on board video of Ruby Landing

Here is some video of Ruby landing our beat up Penguin (new one in shed to build later)

Last auto landing of the day was absolutely perfect with Ruby managing rudder and throttle etc to beat any pro pilot which was the comment from a club member.

The screen some what dirty but what I was after is the EZOSD data any way.. I am using the FPVBOX HD Wireless DVR and receiver.. on top of The Futaba 8J
    I am also uploading the Boscam HD19 HD video which was providing me pass through to the vtx

Cheers

http://youtu.be/qCtT16JoQV4
    Last edited by Mcrock; 3rd February 2013 at 03:20 AM.

Hi all, I have a question: to control (or Change) the mode in Ruby, I must use a 3 position switch?, I fly with Airtronics/Sanwa RDS8000 and EzUHF, in a ZII, the radio has only one 3 position switch witch is configured to use with Flaps, but in the ZII, I need Flapperons, meaning one servo connects to Aileron Channel and the other connects to Flaps Channel, so no 3 position switch for me. I have 3 more channels but with 2 position switchs, can I use Ruby anyway?

Thanks!!
    Pablo.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloJaime View Post
    Hi all, I have a question: to control (or Change) the mode in Ruby, I must use a 3 position switch?, I fly with Airtronics/Sanwa RDS8000 and EzUHF, in a ZII, the radio has only one 3 position switch witch is configured to use with Flaps, but in the ZII, I need Flapperons, meaning one servo connects to Aileron Channel and the other connects to Flaps Channel, so no 3 position switch for me. I have 3 more channels but with 2 position switchs, can I use Ruby anyway?

Thanks!!
    Pablo.
    yes, the mode switch works with either 2 or 3 way switches... Everything works still too.. you just gotta do a flippy flippy to get the correct mode.. Jim got me squared away both ways.. I am just waiting for weather to break so I can maiden the system (snowing right now)

The Modes

Ruby currently operates in three different modes: Manual, Aided, and Autonomous. The plane will respond very differently to your stick inputs on the handheld transmitter depending on the currently selected mode.

You normally select the mode using a two or three-position on your handheld transmitter. Typically, this is the "gear" switch / channel 5 on your transmitter.

To select various other than manual and aided mode, it may be necessary to flip this switch back and forth a specific number of times as indicated below. When doing this, start and end with the switch in the position furthest away from you. Count each time that you flip it towards you. Flip the switch in a "deliberate" motion, but don't pause more than a second between flips. Sometimes, if you flip the switch too quickly or slowly, Ruby will not count all the flips, so watch the plane's behavior to be sure that it's in the desired mode.

The modes are summarized in the Field Reference Card which you may want to print and take to the field.

If handheld signal is lost, Ruby will automatically enter autonomous mode.
    Lots more here
    Last edited by RandallJ; 3rd February 2013 at 08:40 PM.

I think it is so great that the Ruby is picking up steam. I come in to the thread and there are great questions and great answers.

Being that Ruby flies "different" in the different modes, I think it is very important to print out the "Field Reference Card" and have it with you.
    Making the plane go faster with the right stick, took some time to feel natural...

Later,
    Gundy

Navigator
    At the central florida meet, I saw 4 ruby'ed planes, and realtvnow gave me a demo, there is one now in my plane and a few other people at the event order one.

True "in person" demos get people off the fence (I got off the fence!)

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    My friends and I were flying this weekend and I had my Skywalker with Ruby in it and was a blast. First I had it loitering about 3/4 mile away while I tended to some video equipment issues and that took longer then expected and couple min later someone said "Hey isn't that your plane?" WTF moment, well the battery got low and Ruby decided it was time to come home. I waited about 5 min to see if she would go into autoland but I never let it get that far and brought he down. Second flight I switched to aided with altitude lock and handed the goggle and remote to a quad pilot then walked away. He almost freaked! I told him not to worry it won't crash, couple of min later he was screaming that he lost control so I took the goggles and laughed. She was coming home with another empty battery. All of you "on the fence " people have no clue what confidence is till you fly ruby.

Thanks for the info, today I officially are part of the Ruby Users Group!!!
    Now starts the waiting for the Mail Man..
    BTW, I'm Very please with Jim service!! That was Fast!!! Shipped in the same day!!

Pablo.
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

awesome! hows the osd coming along?
    Member of MPAA, Local 600 DP - N522QZ & N147BW, Founding Partner of Aerial MOB
    Aerial MOB is proud to use products from:KlonerBuilt, Red Digital Cinema, Panasonic Lumix, Aeronavics, Hexacrafter, Team Blacksheep, Ritewing, Photohigher, Freefly....instagram, facebook.... #klonersfpv #klonerbuilt #aerialmob --- Support your Local 600 ---

Sky Hunter with Ruby

Here's my 3rd plane with Ruby, a new Sky Hunter on it's maiden Ruby flight yesterday. It flew great right out of the box with no tweaks to the software. This is a new platform for Ruby so Jim and I will be running some test flights and revising any programming which we see fit for optimal control. A 1.3GHz FPV system will be installed once we're done setting up Ruby. You can see the Bluebeam Ultra antenna in these pics which I wanted to have mounted for wing balance and any flight characteristics which would effect Ruby.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1063.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	646.2 KB 
ID:	20660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1062.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	551.5 KB 
ID:	20661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1061.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	20662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1060.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	20663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1059.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	20664

Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast