Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: uThereRUBY

Hybrid View

uThereRUBY

Article here:

http://www.fpvmanuals.com/?p=124

A new video showing completely autonomous landings in STRONG cross-winds... makes an FY-20A look like child's play

Last edited by timnilson; 10th October 2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Changed title

Of course our 4lb+ pound rigs will drop like a rock - but the Ruby is definitely a game-changer. I've been watching the development of this tech. I wouldn't spend my money on a Beta - but when it matures I'm sure I'll take a look.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SENTRY View Post
    Of course our 4lb+ pound rigs will drop like a rock - but the Ruby is definitely a game-changer. I've been watching the development of this tech. I wouldn't spend my money on a Beta - but when it matures I'm sure I'll take a look.
    Jim from uThere is sending me one to test. I will report back and post reviews, build videos, etc...

FPV Legendary Loser Mark Hitchman's Avatar
    This will be awesome, I will be able to launch, set my dosd to fly waypoints and it can come back when it is finished and land, awesome, I will be able to fly while I am at work Just joking, I love new technology.
    Be keen to see some tests with decent size planes.

Thanks

Mark

That's some seriously cool tech. I'm sure Trappy is gonna get some from the first batch and put them in ALL his planes!

Hahaha, JK. He's doing a "facepalm" right now.

I'm looking forward to your review Tim.

Intereting, but I would like to see it land without any wind..? The wind actually made it look 'easier' in a way. I wonder how it plans an approach in a calm condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_S View Post
    Intereting, but I would like to see it land without any wind..? The wind actually made it look 'easier' in a way. I wonder how it plans an approach in a calm condition.
    Winds, especially strong cross-winds make an autopilot landing a lot harder. You have to work in the changing force and direction of the wind. You'll notice that the plane is steering into the wind while descending and approaching to the landing area. If there is no wind, the physics are simpler. The way I understand this to work is that he calculates a landing approach that descends the plane and slows the plane to make for the best landing approach possible. Once a few feet above ground he starts to cut throttle while keeping the plane level as much as possible (as there is no more thrust). The 'error' factor is that sensors are not 100% accurate on where the ground is exactly... +/- a 10 feet or so. You can also use this as an 'assist' landing device -- so let the autopilot slow and descend the plane to the perfect landing entrance and then take over for a smooth touch down.

Banned
    I ordered one and have had numerous emails with Jim. Seem like a great guy. I mentioned the forum here which he didnt seem to know about, told him to come over and check it out. I told him there was a lot of talent here and no drama or bs like some of the other sites. I didnt mind getting a beta, 30 days to return and upgradable for the future. Planning on putting one in a skywalker and the other in my zephyr blunt.
    Aloha
    BungeeMike

can't wait to hear your reports BungeeMike!

Navigator
    Before you out of towners purchase it have a look at the LIMITATION'S first. Some won't be happy as the MIB's have stepped in.
    http://www.uthere.com/products/ruby/capabilities.html
    When the Governments can't Control or Regulate it ALWAYS becomes illegal.
    400' Alt rule does not apply. I did FPV long before it was called FPV.
    I find the closer to the ground I get my chances of crashing increases .
    Wisdom comes from knowledge. Knowledge comes from experience. Experience comes from failures.

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast