FPVTA.ORG

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Leading First Person View companies form FPV Trade Association "FPVTA"

Adam Savage from MythBusters has an FPV setup, go figure. Despite it being a DJI, it sounds like he's actually put a lot of thought into his setup and uses his head before he goes flying. [video=youtubes;-JsGggcQRTM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsGggcQRTM[/video]

That and in this video it sounds like DJI instilled some safeguards in the programming. I guess they were tired of getting bad press for what their Phantoms were being used for [video=youtubes;nT5U9T9Uyok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT5U9T9Uyok[/video]
    Last edited by K-Note72; 29th March 2015 at 02:31 AM.

Soooo.... Anybody home? Thought this place would have a heartbeat given the recent actions by the FAA.

[QUOTE=Hoss;757339]Soooo.... Anybody home? Thought this place would have a heartbeat given the recent actions by the FAA.[/QUOTE]

We're doing some things behind the scenes. Not sure there is a lot that can be done unfortunately...

[QUOTE=Hoss;757339]Soooo.... Anybody home? Thought this place would have a heartbeat given the recent actions by the FAA.[/QUOTE]

The FPVTA no longer exists and had they become an actual non-profit they would have been rather limited by IRS rules as to what they could actually do as far as lobbying goes.

[URL]http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=FPVTRADEASSOCIATIONAMERICA%20N140000067850&aggregateId=domnp-n14000006785-ed0cb5e6-f132-408d-8c26-81cb56f524a9&searchTerm=fpvta&listNameOrder=FPVTRADEASSOCIATIONAMERICA%20N140000067850[/URL]

Florida Not For Profit Corporation

FPV TRADE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA INC.

Filing Information Document NumberN14000006785

FEI/EIN NumberNONE

Date Filed07/18/2014StateFL

StatusINACTIVE

Last Event ADMIN DISSOLUTION FOR ANNUAL REPORT

Event Date Filed 09/25/2015

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

For sure - not directly with this, but FPV is going to need representation moving forward if it is to survive the long-haul. The AMA has done it thus far, but if we get real about it, FPV is the red-headed bastard step-child of the AMA. I mentioned this in another thread - I feel like the AMA entertains us because they need the support, but if they were stronger, they may not be so friendly. Like the knock on the door comes and there is the AMA with their prim and proper scholarly child up front (good old LOS flying), hair parted to the side and a nice clean tie. Meanwhile, the problem child (FPV) is being held behind her back. When let in, FPV gets that stern look and is told to go sit in that room - don't move, and don't cause any trouble, as mom and the golden child go smiling on to talk with the government.

I'm not attempting or intending on starting a discussion in this thread, as it's really not the place for it - just wanted to make sure this org was alive and someone was at the mic. The AMA will carry us as long as we fly "models", but it's a quick cut for them to say "it's no longer a "model" once you strap on a camera and pull down the goggles. We're going to need some type of organization to stand up when our only protector either becomes disenfranchised or tired of going to bat for us.

In the other thread I have posted an outline of what you will need to consider doing if you in fact want to go forward with your plan.

But remember it will require unwavering dedication, money and a most of your time just to get off the ground.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

[QUOTE=Channel 1;757348]In the other thread I have posted an outline of what you will need to consider doing if you in fact want to go forward with your plan.

But remember it will require unwavering dedication, money and a most of your time just to get off the ground.

Wayne[/QUOTE]
    Wayne I don't have an issue with you (you old codger), but you have so much damn energy to post in here why don't YOU organize something we can all join and focus that wonderful energy you display here.
    Locals Only Brah.

I went from building and flying bright white frames and flashing lights to matte black frames with no external lights and well balance props and motors that run quiet.

I guess I matured as a hobbyist.
    Locals Only Brah.

[QUOTE=33db;772971]Wayne I don't have an issue with you (you old codger), but you have so much damn energy to post in here why don't YOU organize something we can all join and focus that wonderful energy you display here.[/QUOTE]

Personally because I think it would be a futile effort, in my opinion the ratio of those who would get involved with either time or money or both is too small of a ratio to those who want someone else to do the job done for them.

Heck it wasn't all that long ago a forum member was willing to take a hit to develop a test case and the idea was floated to set up a legal defense fund, no one was willing to do anything until after that member got nailed by the FAA.

That doesn't work as it is not reasonable to expect someone to go into a battle without strong backing and was quite telling about what's going on within the hobby.

So for now I will remain a member of the AUVSI, an organization which is actually and actively is making changes for the better.

That stated, if anyone wants to take that leap without being shoved, I will find the time to help out, will be more than glad to assist in setting the organization up and will quickly and quite willingly pay a reasonable membership fee.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.