Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2043

Thread: Let's See Your Ground Station!!

Quote Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
    It's a Cinetank. No gimbal yet, but I do have plans to add one soon. But, really, I enjoy the feeling of "flying" that's usually lost with a gimbal keeping everything level. I'm hoping I can setup a gimbal controller to follow my quad's orientation.

I've done some fixed wing FPV. But my planes are all currently out of commission. I'm slowly collecting parts for a medium range mini talon.

For what it's worth, here's the video I filmed from this session.

Nice. I'll check the video out in a few. As far as the gimbal / flying - you're not using a separate flight cam? That would take care of having to fly through a gimbal as well as taking care of all the other potential issues that can come from using your hd cam as your primary / only flight cam. Not that it can't be done (obviously), and i've set up some things like that in the past like my tricopter, but have since moved over to having a dedicated flight cam that is separate from my hd recording device. It gets rid of the rare, but not unthinkable issues that can arise from solely using a GoPro for your fpv feed, like lockup, device turn off and the ever famous "I don't know; it just stopped pushing video". A little pz0420 mini stuck on the front somewhere and wired in can work wonders... It's a pretty fool-proof and reliable setup and let's you retain the feeling of flight while using a gimbal with your hd cam.

Aero- we'll have to get together some time! I've got a Cinetank with a gimbal... love it. Didn't fly it much this year due to various reasons- so not much in the way of nice gimbal shoots yet. Sometimes, NOT having a gimbal is a nice touch- an example is this flight:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Nice. I'll check the video out in a few. As far as the gimbal / flying - you're not using a separate flight cam?
    Yes, I definitely use a separate FPV camera. I'm saying that I prefer my final video to have some roll and tilt, too. Completely stable video, like from a phantom, doesn't look to me like flying. It looks like a camera on a crane. I intend to setup a gimbal that follows the quad's motion so the video has no wobbles, but also feels a little bit more like what I see in the FPV cam.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroMaestro View Post
    Yes, I definitely use a separate FPV camera. I'm saying that I prefer my final video to have some roll and tilt, too. Completely stable video, like from a phantom, doesn't look to me like flying. It looks like a camera on a crane. I intend to setup a gimbal that follows the quad's motion so the video has no wobbles, but also feels a little bit more like what I see in the FPV cam.
    Ahh, gotcha. I don't know (don't have any external gimbals personally), but I imagine some gimbals do that. I've got a p4 that you can click into "fpv mode" and it'll follow in the roll axis. It already follows yaw, so it's just tilt that gets completely ignored, which on a quad is good, as long as you have control over tilt. Cool video. I can only dream of flying a place like that. One day... Interesting soundtrack choice. Was waiting for some nat geo suspenseful theatrics to play. That was quite different.

Navigator
    Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by escottc View Post
    Great thread.
    Interesting enough I just saw that this thread has almost 600,000 views!!!

Wow, I was just getting ideas for building my GS a few years ago - but it's rock solid since this thread started
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Fresh build. 20" screen, with SMA connectors in the lid routed to a dvr and receivers in the case which include 5.8GHz diversity, 2.4GHz diversity, and 1.3GHz diversity, sealed lead acid batteries, analog and hdmi in/outs, voltage display, and banana style charging lugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15665754_1529754213707361_7958690795610713281_n.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	75662  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04241.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	473.3 KB 
ID:	75677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04250.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	75678

We've finished a couple of new production variants of our favourite ground station framework, both suitable for FPV. To avoid crossposting, here are the links to the original posts:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...based-suas-gcs
    http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...roid-telemetry

That's a work of art!
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Lawn Chair Base Station

I just converted an old lawn chair into a folding FPV base station.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cropped folded fpv base station.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	263.5 KB 
ID:	76606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cropped fpv base station.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	76607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shroud storage.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	76794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cropped shroud.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	76793  
    Last edited by canadianstarman; 30th April 2017 at 10:11 PM.
    If at first an idea doesn't sound absurd, then there is no hope for it. - by Albert Einstein

Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205 LastLast