Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: TBS BlackBox?

After owning two quads, an AD1 from actiondrone and a Little Spyder from Sky Hero, I bought a TBS Discovery. Assembled it myself with Xrotor 40A ESCs, MN3110 780kv motors and it is promising. The ease of setup and reduces wires are wonderful.

What I want to say is maybe you should patent this, if it is not. Whitesheep, Flytrex , they copied the design. I guess it is easier to steal another idea and make money out of it. Thanks for all the support via email.

Tamas from Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    grumbla, exactly. we don't tolerate this kind of behavior from our partners. Flytrex = POS company that does not deserve to be integrated with any TBS product whatsoever. we are not picky on our IP, but the least you can do if you copy our design is to ask us for permission. and once you get called out on it, apologize. Flytrex actually accused us publicly of copying their "CORE" product instead. Which is hilarious for 2 reasons ...

1) because we've had a product called "CORE" since TBS was founded 6 years ago
    2) we actually asked them if we should integrate the blackbox with their site and they asked us to go ahead

We have been working on the integration of similar, much better websites actually. Flytrex has completely lost it, if you ask me, a company that behaves like that just better lie down and die.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    We have been working on the integration of similar, much better websites actually.
    Hi Trappy,
    I put up a website that shows GPS tracks etc. for DJI Phantom flight records but they've recently started encrypting their logs so my site is pretty obsolete now. I could easily adapt it to parse TBS black box logs, are you interested? For me it is just a hobby, I do not want to make money out of it. I'd be happy to provide this service and adapt to your requirements if necessary. PM for the URL, I do not want tons of registrations yet.
    Best regards (us dä Schwiiz)
    dmy

Quote Originally Posted by beo1329 View Post
    After owning two quads, an AD1 from actiondrone and a Little Spyder from Sky Hero, I bought a TBS Discovery. Assembled it myself with Xrotor 40A ESCs, MN3110 780kv motors and it is promising. The ease of setup and reduces wires are wonderful.

What I want to say is maybe you should patent this, if it is not. Whitesheep, Flytrex , they copied the design. I guess it is easier to steal another idea and make money out of it. Thanks for all the support via email.

Tamas from Hungary.
    yes I agree. patenting it was difficult at the time. Whitesheep manufacturer just a few weeks ago has contacted me and apologized for having made this product. Flytrex ... well, I don't even care anymore but they don't seem to be doing too well either. At some point in time a cloner will need to change and become an original manufacturer, otherwise he will always remain a distant #2 especially in a market as quickly evolving as this. And the #1 will eventually figure out ways to protect, combat or survive in these times. Long term, the winning strategy is always innovation, we just need to ride out all the dicks that are in this industry for the wrong reasons

Raphael, could you please answer one question regarding the blackbox. I flew 3 times at a specific field. I have the 3 CSV's on the SD card already. When I clicked import from SD, 3 items were imported, date was empty, duration is way to short (compared to the CSV's), LAT, LON is empty also on all of them, so I cannot export them to google earth.
    What's wrong, or what am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	75994

Thanks.
    Last edited by beo1329; 14th February 2017 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beo1329 View Post
    Raphael, could you please answer one question regarding the blackbox. I flew 3 times at a specific field. I have the 3 CSV's on the SD card already. When I clicked import from SD, 3 items were imported, date was empty, duration is way to short (compared to the CSV's), LAT, LON is empty also on all of them, so I cannot export them to google earth.
    What's wrong, or what am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	75994

Thanks.
    Did you have a proper sat fix on takeoff and there is a GPS source connected to the blackbox?

Yes, I have these filled in the csv 's.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

What Agent version do you have ( open Agent and press F1 to see it). Can you send me one of those logs?

Hi Perna, v1.30, every time I open the agent it asks me: AM update is available. Would you like to upgrade? If I click yes, then it closes and opens again and also asks the question again. Of I click no it stops asking until I open the agent again. Email sent. Thanks for looking into this.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Please uninstall it and install it again.
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/corepro/agent

Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    Please uninstall it and install it again.
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/corepro/agent
    I have 1.36 now. The issue with the logs are because of the old version?