+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: 70KM ANTENNA !!!!! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by ramboky View Post
    Just received my 2.4GHz Helical from you (the first in New Zealand?) and I tell you what, the pictures don't do it justice. It's a beautiful piece of engineering and incredibly well built. I'm not normally one to gush about anything I buy but this thing is fricken awesome. Your Skew Planar Wheels are equally well constructed and are much more robust than what I've been using.

Can't wait to test these in the field. As soon as it stops damn raining...

Thank you!
    Thank you for your nice comments!!!

And yes, you were the first one from New Zealand.

Why is the video private now?

Now that everybody has watched the video, it is time for some discretion.

If you want the password just PM me.

Regards
    Roberto

Navigator
    Trully awesome, 70km! Eager to try this!.....

New 2.4ghz Circular Wireless Antenna

Hi Sircana,
    received my new antenna last week and it's a work of art!! Thanks so much!!
    I'm still in serious "learning mode" with FPV and was using your 11db 2.4ghz antenna along and a SPW diversity ground setup with a SPW on my plane today and shooting for a personal best of around 2 miles. Using all Immersion gear including an Immersion 2.4 500mw VTX and Immersion 2.4 diversity receiver. Started to experience some strange interference around two miles. rather then snow, the video would just start to go black in the goggles for a couple seconds. I've included a few seconds of video that shows it happening once at 1.8 miles, then again at 1.5 miles after turning around for home.
    Would you suspect maybe some kind of ground interference? Had a spotter that had a good fix on my plane, with the antenna pointed right at it. As a newbie, the black outs are always a little disconcerting, so I thought I'd get your opinion since I'm sure you've seen your share of the different types of interference we experience. Thanks again for the great antenna!! Mel

View this video on YouTube

Since posting, I found another thread with someone else having the exact same issue while using the Immersion Duo 2.4 RX.

I'm not yet sure if we both have defective receivers or if this receiver just goes "black screen" when you hit a bit of interference.
    I love having a diversity receiver but I think I need to go back to my Lawmate single until I can get it sorted-out. I'm much more comfortable flying through the occasional static as long as the screen doesn't completely black-out like that.

View this video on Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
    Hi Sircana,
    received my new antenna last week and it's a work of art!! Thanks so much!!
    I'm still in serious "learning mode" with FPV and was using your 11db 2.4ghz antenna along and a SPW diversity ground setup with a SPW on my plane today and shooting for a personal best of around 2 miles. Using all Immersion gear including an Immersion 2.4 500mw VTX and Immersion 2.4 diversity receiver. Started to experience some strange interference around two miles. rather then snow, the video would just start to go black in the goggles for a couple seconds. I've included a few seconds of video that shows it happening once at 1.8 miles, then again at 1.5 miles after turning around for home.
    Would you suspect maybe some kind of ground interference? Had a spotter that had a good fix on my plane, with the antenna pointed right at it. As a newbie, the black outs are always a little disconcerting, so I thought I'd get your opinion since I'm sure you've seen your share of the different types of interference we experience. Thanks again for the great antenna!! Mel

Quote Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
    Since posting, I found another thread with someone else having the exact same issue while using the Immersion Duo 2.4 RX.

I'm not yet sure if we both have defective receivers or if this receiver just goes "black screen" when you hit a bit of interference.
    I love having a diversity receiver but I think I need to go back to my Lawmate single until I can get it sorted-out. I'm much more comfortable flying through the occasional static as long as the screen doesn't completely black-out like that.

View this video on Vimeo
    These are 100% external interferences. I suggest you watching the below video:

The only option would be changing to a different channel, but 2.4 interferences use to cover the whole wifi band (except the 2370 and 2510MHz Lawmate channels, not strictly legal...). What is really odd is the blackouts. This should never happen. One thing is getting the "blue screen of death" in the goggles or the monitor, but in the video receiver you should get the signal with the interferences or even just static. I don't have details about how the Duo works, but Sander should be able to assist,

Quote Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
    sentry, this is just a hunch but....

the scout bee is a slope wing. it is efficient at low wing loadings... right?

if you want more lift you are going to need more "meat" in your airfoil for more lift at lower speeds
    I fly one for DSing, it's a tank, still flys great.

I wouldn't say long range is boring, I would say the trip home is boring, going a new PB distance is always exciting, but the trio home takes to long.
    Marc

Great Sircana, that really show different types of interference.
    Do you know if you can make an antenna that will go 200km on 1.3GHz? Might be something I'm looking at as I have to change my video freq.
    Marc
    Last edited by Pixturethis; 20th May 2012 at 08:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread