Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your positive uses of FPV here.

FPV with Thermal camera

The Dehogaflier......

http://youtu.be/7JGqYT0EuZ0

We got confirmation before we risked losing our camera and other toys. It's legal as long as I don't actually arm the aircraft.

This would not be legal for regular game animals though, not sportsmanlike either.

The aircraft has made a huge difference for us in time saved and crops protected and pigs killed. Not to mention that walking around in the dark with guns and angry wild pigs is a blast when you know you have an eye in the sky looking over you and giving you updates over the radio.

Much more FPV related video of same aircraft...

My hopes are to build a system to map old wagon trails. I'm a bit of a armature historian and have always been interested in the old wagon trails here in southwest Kansas. I hope to combine FPV & GPS to help me map old trails from the air.

I'm guessing I'm going to have a slightly biased group of people here, but still.

What is your take on local law enforcement using UAV's?
    What would some valid reasons they would need them?
    Are you for or against? Why?

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawlerj View Post
    I'm guessing I'm going to have a slightly biased group of people here, but still.

What is your take on local law enforcement using UAV's?
    What would some valid reasons they would need them?
    Are you for or against? Why?
    From the 'i have nothing to hide' crowd: I don't mind a LE UAV in the air, especially if that cuts down on the taxpayer's costs of flying and maintaining a full size aircraft.

I'm ok with it too.
    I just think the first thousand feet over my property should by MY airspace and not theirs.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/rem...4#.UNSYvdcZYcs

This is old, and I'm sure many of you have seen it before, but in thinking about FPV in a positive light, I remembered this and thought it should be shared on here. Its not flying of course, but its certainly an awesome use of FPV!

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushman View Post

We got confirmation before we risked losing our camera and other toys. It's legal as long as I don't actually arm the aircraft.

This would not be legal for regular game animals though, not sportsmanlike either.

The aircraft has made a huge difference for us in time saved and crops protected and pigs killed. Not to mention that walking around in the dark with guns and angry wild pigs is a blast when you know you have an eye in the sky looking over you and giving you updates over the radio.
    That is ugly hunting...needing several shots on each animal to put it down.

Walking in a crop field in the middle of the night does not provide you with the ideal conditions for a one shot kill. I can understand how some people might be upset about it, but they're not doing it for sport, it's so they can protect their crops.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast