FPVLAB

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brosius85 's RC adventures

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    Haha nice vids brosius, makes me wish I started with an EPP wing, every time I crashed I had to re-build the plane
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

i just joined an elite club - the "i wrote off a ZII into the ocean while night flying" club. and no the go pro was not recording.

video starts as i'm on my way back to the shore with my new ZII rescuing buddy.

video will be online in a few hours i think.

ZII is toast, its yet to be seen what hardware it took with it.

looks like the wing bent a little, that pulled out one of the horns from the elevon, the rest is history. high speed spiral at the ocean.

Im lost
    OMG . nooooooooooooool
    seeing the world through a security camera

Quote Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post
    i just joined an elite club - the "i wrote off a ZII into the ocean while night flying" club. and no the go pro was not recording.

looks like the wing bent a little, that pulled out one of the horns from the elevon, the rest is history. high speed spiral at the ocean.
    Shit! That sucks man.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by brosius85 View Post

Sorry to hear that!

And this is why I do boats

Sorry to hear that, Night flying, wow, going up a level?

On another note in reply, Im going to be happy to float around, I am going to have enough on my plate just learning to fly, Is the Bixler or Floater Jet suitable to fly on say a baseball sized field, just thinking of the most convenient site walking distance from home for arvo sessions.

Nick

Nasty

I had to put my cat down two weeks ago. I bet it feels just the same.

some clarification- i was not FPVing at the time, i had just had a 25 minute FPV flight where i pushed my RC range to the limit, which is very close to my video link range too. failsafed it and everything.

landed, it was pitch black (video link showed good light, the 420XV is a nice cam) so i decided to put on a nigh flyer show for the mob of drunk teenagers at the beach. pushed it too hard, she death spiralled into the sea about 150m away.

im not too upset right now.... we will see how i feel about it in the morning haha

lucky i still have a spare zephyr, i might take it back to 3s though LOL

ssassen and SENTRY take note!

sorry to hear about the loss. In order to prevent that from happening, make sure your elevons do not move as freely as they do now. By taping them on a bit stiffer and have them "default" to a bit of reflex, you can usually control the plane enough to get her back. Maybe not at night, maybe not flying visually, though. But definitely in FPV.

that is a really good idea.

maybe even use some high tensile steel sheet or springsteel wire to hold them with a tad of reflex so if something lets go its not flapping in the breeze.

i have a Z bend on the servo end, soldered clevises, an aluminium horn.... the weakest link was the screws holding the horn on. if they had a backplate they would be much stronger. im going for a bigger gauge screw next time with a sheet metal backplate on the horn. even if the wing folds it will stay attached.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast