Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle Tree Vector

Quote Originally Posted by guijs View Post
    Hello,

I have just finished the setup of my Futaba 8FG + Vector + EzUHF system and everything seems to be working, but my ch11 RSSI show a -0% value with the TX ON. When I turn it off, the value goes up to around 80%. The LQ at ch12 is working fine showing 80% with TX on and 0% when Off.

What is the issue with the RSSI value? Is it reversed?

Did you get this worked out??

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Immersed1976 View Post
    Did you get this worked out??
    I realized there was nothing wrong. Although the RSSI appear to be "reversed" in the Vector's pc software, at the field the info Vector display in my monitor/headset is correct: 100% for both RSSI and LQ. Another thing I though was an issue is that, in my minitor, LQ keeps showing a "?" instead of the link %, but this is due to the flight summary feature. As soon as I start flying or raise the throttle a bit the "?" goes away.

I've been having the "?" problem with a new build. After checking channel allocations over and over, I ran the Tx wizard and hey presto, problem solved. I would highly recommend that anyone with ezuhf/Vector issues makes sure they a) have all firmware and programs updated, and b) run the tx wizard last!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigator
    The "?" in the LQ is related to the flight summary feature. If you turn your model ON, put it on the ground, raise the throttle and then pull the throttle back again, Vector will assume you ended your flight and it will display the summary. As it knows the highest LQ was 100%, but he does not know the lowest LQ %, it will display "?" for the lowest LQ. If you just raise the throttle again and start flying, Vector will understand you are initiating another flight and start a new summary.

I am using an EzUHF with RSSI and LQ on the OSD.
    What sort of figures can one expect to get to without losing control and initiating failsafe/RTH? I recently flew out about 11km and at the furthest point RSSI was 45% and LQ 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Radius View Post
    I am using an EzUHF with RSSI and LQ on the OSD.
    What sort of figures can one expect to get to without losing control and initiating failsafe/RTH? I recently flew out about 11km and at the furthest point RSSI was 45% and LQ 100%.
    I have the same setup and had the same question when I did long range. I never went below the 60's for my attemps and stayed on low power. I think the best way would be a ground test with your plane in a vehicle and see when it goes into failsafe. And remove the prop just in case.

Navigator
    RSSI shows signal strength and LQ shows how many frames are being dropped from my understanding. If your LQ starts dropping it means frames are being dropped and its "glitching" RSSI just indicates the strength of the signal received. Could fly until it drops frames and then flick to high power and fly home.
    Last edited by ssb2005; 3rd June 2017 at 01:01 AM.
    TBS Disco - Naza M V2 GPS - Hobbyking Tek Sumo, VAS Wraith, Skysurfer

If I need more distance between my EZ UHF Rec and the Vector controller can I use a Servo wire extension, on the "PPM Ail" cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff.1.S View Post
    If I need more distance between my EZ UHF Rec and the Vector controller can I use a Servo wire extension, on the "PPM Ail" cable?
    Yes. I did that on a skyhunter and also also ran a cable from there to the dipole. Another plane I have has the exact same gear but my receiver is right against my vector and the antenna is about 12" away and the scans were as good as the skyhunter.

So I tried the ET Vector and EZ UHF 8ch lite, setup Saturday, and in the upper left corner of my monitor I had a set of 4 or 5 vertical bars, going from low to high, and just under that "?"
    It was 35 mph winds, and my aileron channel was backwards so I needed to re run the Wizard so I didn't fly.
    (Update) I had RSSI on ch10 instead of ch11, It's working now, thanks
    Last edited by Jeff.1.S; 24th October 2017 at 10:53 PM.