+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CineTank Mk.1 - Official Build Video

CineTank Mk.1 - Official Build Video

Here is my build video. I would like to say thanks to all the members of Flying Cinema who helped me making this build. They spent a lot of time answering my questions and gave me precious advices and information.

View this video on Vimeo

I decided to go for the cheap route on this build meaning that I had to build everything from the beginning. The ESCs came not wired, without the 3.5 mm bullet connectors and I had to flash them with simonK, etc.
    Note that you can do this a little bit faster if you get Afro ESCs /already flashed ESCs or something like that.

I would also recomend to choose your FPV gears (Vtx, Pilot Cam, etc) in either all 5V or all 12V. I started my build with a 5V Vtx and a 12V cam and it was a bit messy to have 2 power lines (2 UBEC + 2 LC Filters).
    I switched to all 12V and my setup is way cleaner and lighter now.

Beside that I'm very pleased with the build process:
    - All screws are M3, only one hex driver is needed and the hex is actually included in the kit ! No need to mess with many type of drivers and sizes of screws.
    - There are a lot of holes in the frames, very nice to straps stuff with zip ties, let an antenna sticks out somewhere and have access to the screws with the hex driver without having the unscrew everything to remove a hidden screw. Everything is easy to reach.
    - The cam plate to hold the HD cam can be slided forward and back. Very convenient to adjust the CG. Flying cinema is also going to release a gimbal anytime soon for this frame and it will just be a matter of switching the cam plate. No need to build a whole new quad to enjoy the gimbal. It also allows to switch easily between a gimbal cinetank and a regular cinetank. I like gimbal but sometime I just want to do stunts and I will be able to remove the gimbal thanks to this cam plate design.
    - Once this thing is built It really feels like a tank, the frame is extremely rigid and I have no fear to put this quad in my bag or my trunk. I planned to buy a transport case for this quad, as I did with my other quad for traveling but I won't need one. I will just throw this tank in my check bag, wrapped around some shirts and it will be just fine like that !

Feel free with any questions you may have I'll try to help if I can.

Other build resources (official)

http://flyingcinema.com/cinetank.html

- Documents
    Download the BoM and Manual Here
    3d Model and eDrawings Viewer
    Template For Carbon Fiber Arms Here
    Battery Compartment Dimensions Here

Build Logs -
    Sine's Cinetank
    Cnut's Cinetank

- PID Settings -
    MultiWii\Naze32
    OpenPilot CC3D
    OpenPilot Revo
    DJI Naza-M V1 & V2
    DJI Naza Lite
    APM

- Recommended Power System-
    SunnySky X2216 1250kv or Tiger MT2216 1100kv
    SimonK Flashed F30a or Afro ESC 30Amp or directly buy the pre-made power pack from Flying Cinema
    4s 3300 for sport flying
    4s 4000 for endurance

- Spare Parts -
    Cine Tank Mk.I Replacement Parts
    Last edited by Oliver Miami; 24th July 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    TBS Discovery Pro Build Tutorial: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?33676-TBS-Discovery-Pro-Extensive-Build-Video
    Not an expert, just follow direction well.... - j5coat

Thanks for the awesome video Oliver it was a huge help. I hope you guys enjoy this video, pretty much everything is covered on how to build a CineTank.

Oliver, you rock.

Your video will be a great help for me when i'll build mine.

Terabyte, thanks too for bringing such a great product to market. I can't wait to receive all my missing parts (including the camera pod i forgot to buy with my order) and start building that tank !

Glad to know and welcome to the lab !
    TBS Discovery Pro Build Tutorial: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?33676-TBS-Discovery-Pro-Extensive-Build-Video

VERY WELL DONE!

I will be consulting this again!
    I'm not a fan of bullet connectors but I think once done, if I use heat sh rink over them it should hold them in place.

Looking forward to starting this build!!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Thanks Scotttu, you won't be disappointed by this quad. That's a lot a fun !

For the bullet connector, feel free to put something else but heat shrink should be fine.

Navigator
    Oliver very clean build video. Well lit and infocus. Excellent angle and pace.
    TBS Discovery Pro | 1000kV Motors | TBS Bulletproof 30A ESC | Graupner E-Props 9x5 | 4S 4.5Ah TBS LiPo | Futaba T8FJ Super | Fatshark Dominator Video Glasses | TBS 69 FPV Camera | GoPro Hero 3+ | Lawmate 2.4GHz stock | EzUHF | TBS EzOSD | Yagi 11DB antenna | Editing in Adobe |

Thanks you very much, I did my best because I really hate out of focus and dark build video. It's close to useless IMO.

Navigator
    Ditto Oliver ... you've really done the rest of us a huge service ... excellent build video.

I just updated the first post of this thread with the new power pack from Flying Cinema. Great addition to the expending range of products from FC.
    These little things make the build even easier and faster. Less soldering and time consuming than finding these ESCs, cables and JST connectors and make then ship from Asia.
    I like the fact that it's all in one place now:
    http://flyingcinema.com/powerpack-30.html

+ Reply to Thread