Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Videos

As long as the buildings are well lit, TBS69 is flyable like you said. That is the best fireworks video ever btw with the background buildings and all the lights crossings. For some reason I was so sure they will never hit the Discovery
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

haha, me too when we returned after the flight I googled the shells that they use ... good thing I didn't do that before

I think you would have flown anyways
    | CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini | Vendetta | G2 | Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" | Helix 5" | Kraken 5R | FU-RC Kore | Sweepwings Runt | Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL | ZIII | Drak | Mini Drak | All Hardcores | Rite Spec | www.youtube.com/hizlimax |

Navigator
    My first video post here.

http://youtu.be/P6GKCbJkViQ

Need help with correcting yaw twitch / wobbles in strong winds!

Navigator
    Nice day for a fly around the Thundercats in nz

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by iseonz View Post
    Awesome skills in capturing the Thundercats!

That is awesome. Very hard to film that well - how many packs did you fly to get that footage?

Quote Originally Posted by iseonz View Post

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoTuna View Post
    That is awesome. Very hard to film that well - how many packs did you fly to get that footage?
    Thanks alvini and disco. I flew 4 races on the day, a pack a race.

Navigator
    some of my shots done with disco pro and gopro 3 black edition during 2014. no color grading done. btw, what tool you guys use for color grading?

Last edited by nufan; 3rd January 2015 at 02:48 PM.

Nufan,

You have some really beautiful shots there. Very nicely set up and flown - great mix of colours, visual patterns, & flight patterns to pull off the shots. Good editing also. Colour grading was barely needed, but I expect would make the shots more stunning. In the main though they were so well lit that it is in the 15-20% improvement range only IMO.

For colour grading i use FCPX for rough and ready (and it is a bit sucky but very quick), and for big productions I use Davinci Resolve that is about as good as it gets and you can get the Lite version for free. And is almost the same as the $1k full version. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...davinciresolve.

What were you using for your stabilisation? FCPX? I thought it was slightly heavy at points introducing a few video erratics into the output (warping clouds) - you probably wouldn't have noticed this on a shorter vid, but your vid was such a beauty parade that it leaves the eye being drawn to the slightest defect. A very minor point, but just wondering if you could get better results from Adobe's Warp functions? All round, lovely though.

Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    some of my shots done with disco pro and gopro 3 black edition during 2014. no color grading done. btw, what tool you guys use for color grading?