Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Videos

Kpaine - you're awesome. Thanks for the advice. I have still not explored everything on Mac yet. Still trying to learn how to play around with GarageBand. I will look into it.

Note: My search didn't yield too much on video editing in this forum. Might have to jump on another to get more info on that. Again, thanks for the good leads.

Quote Originally Posted by seancan44 View Post
    Kpaine - I'm pretty new to video editing. Would you recommend Premier Elements 12 as a program to a beginner? Would you describe it as a pretty steep learning curve to learn it? I've only used Corel for basic video editing. Also, I'm on a MacBook Pro, think it should run most programs jus fine. I'll also start a search for video editing software suggestions, just thought I'd ask since we got the convo going.
    Premiere element is good but you can also try Sony Movie studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    I would love to know how you get such great footage in the dark. My flights at night never look so vivid, no matter the scenery. What's the secret?
    - Shoot at 24/25/30 fps (not 60).
    - Do not use protune at night
    - You can also use de-noise plugins such as neat video or red giant denoiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Miami View Post
    Premiere element is good but you can also try Sony Movie studio.

- Shoot at 24/25/30 fps (not 60).
    - Do not use protune at night
    - You can also use de-noise plugins such as neat video or red giant denoiser.
    I've been reading reviews about Premier Element. I like Adobe products. I have not looked into Sony Movie Studio. I'll check out some reviews about it. Does anyone have any experience with Final Cut Pro? Can you get those de-noise plugins for just about any video editor?

Quote Originally Posted by CorB View Post
    Raphael,
    amazing how you make these video's. I watch them with much interest. Congratulations with the latest developments in the US.
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CorB View Post
    Which goggles do you use to fly at night?
    I've been using the Skyzone on all these flights because our Fatsharks are never in stock - they sell out too fast

Quote Originally Posted by kpaine View Post
    Trappy,

Off the charts! You have some nerves of steel! The thought of flying at night, or anytime for that matter, over a major suburban area gives me the cold sweats. You have certainly pulled off another masterpiece. The flying and editing is spot on.

I have always watched all of your videos, but now that I am flying a pro and learning to edit video I can see the mastery in this work! Kudos and keep em coming!
    thanks. if you trust your equipment "blindly", it doesn't matter where you fly. we've shown up on locations and flown out 2 miles into the ocean just for fun - the locals usually dropped their jaw. for us this is nothing special and it's as safe as hovering right in front of you as far as we're concerned

Quote Originally Posted by seancan44 View Post
    Trappy - Just wanted to give you a shout out for everything your doing. I really admire what you're doing for the community/industry. Congrats on the recent court ruling btw. Been following your case for a long time now.
    thanks! we can only do this with the support from you guys. so really you should thank yourselves, we're just having fun

Quote Originally Posted by SUBA View Post
    Great video once again Trappy
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe B View Post
    I would love to know how you get such great footage in the dark. My flights at night never look so vivid, no matter the scenery. What's the secret?
    slow down the frame rate and reduce the resolution. this will get more light into the sensor.

Lion Rock, The Dragon's Back and the Buddha are no match for a TBS DISCOVERY PRO. Welcome to Hong Kong, the city with plenty of green and outdoor activities.

airframe: TBS Discovery PRO + TBS Groundstation
    music by: Chinese Man / Taiwan MC - Chinese Man Records / Chinese Man Records
    edited by: aufmschlau.ch

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post

Lion Rock, The Dragon's Back and the Buddha are no match for a TBS DISCOVERY PRO. Welcome to Hong Kong, the city with plenty of green and outdoor activities.

airframe: TBS Discovery PRO + TBS Groundstation
    music by: Chinese Man / Taiwan MC - Chinese Man Records / Chinese Man Records
    edited by: aufmschlau.ch
    When you are flying up in the hills (mountains) like that. How far away are you usually? Are you at a site ontop flying outward? Are you down near the coast flying up. Love your videos, very inspirational. Looking forward to getting my Disco Pro and making some of my own.

while I can't comment who was flying specifically in this video, most of these shots are 2-3km out. any mountain would mean the pilot is down in the valley. max range on this is 4km. the fast proximity run down with the fishing village in between ... well ... now I already told you where the pilot was
    Last edited by Trappy; 17th March 2014 at 12:12 PM.

Navigator
    a mashup from my tbs disco pro, there are a couple of shots here taken with an f550. only the girl running on the beach, and golf course. got it running smooth.

Hi,

Trappy, as usual, your movies are beautiful, but that which give them again more of beauty, it's the quality of the video editing by Aufmschlau.ch

We can see that they master Adobe premiere (or other) with the differents effects, or colorimetry. The good editing helps to have a beautiful result.

+1
    Always Fantastic editing from Aufmschlau.ch