FPV is not a crime!
Man You All
Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Har har people
Steady on men!
Slide and hold "On/Off" to power on (or off)
"M" button to enter the Menu
Up/Down arrows ro navigate the menu
Press the play button to select
Esc to exit that menu/feature
90% of the menu is self explanatory (as is the other 10%)
Settings to be aware of are
Resolution (choose 720x480 for NTSC - 720x576 for PAL - it auto detect so this is just to get your video in the right aspect ratio)
(all other settings default to FPV savvy settings so you shouldn't need to touch them)
How to use the "Red Button"
With the DVR powered off insert it into the AV Out socket
Make sure you have a class 10 SD card set
Hit the button to start (and then to stop)
It will power up and start recording.
In High quality mode it consumes 4GB per hour.
If you find it hangs on static then set the quality to Medium
That should be enough to get you going.
If you purchased the DVR-SD4 DVR from FPV-Japan it will have the words "DVR-SD4" and "Copyright FPV-Japan 2011/2012" on the start up screen as well as our "Empowering FPV" logo on the shut down screen.
If you do not have one of these original DVR please kindly refrain from posting in this part of the forum.
We ask that you seek support from the vendor that you purchased from.