Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP GUYS LIKE ME THAT REALLY WANT TO CROSS OVER TO NAZE32/MULTIWII

HELP GUYS LIKE ME THAT REALLY WANT TO CROSS OVER TO NAZE32/MULTIWII

Can someone make or post a link for a video on the step by step on how to configure the NAZE32 acro.

If your not really comfortable good with PC and then guys like me will never know what it's like to fly a REAL FC and will be stuck flying the damn KK2 4 ever !!
    Really just the damn terminology that is posted in all the threads about this fc and many others that guys like me don't understand !

I did struggle and I still am !
    I know how to get my PC to do what I want it to but it's a different story getting your naze32 or any fc that's multiwii based configured !
    If you don't know how the hell to even start to set it up .

My mini BAH was all NEW build and I bought it built from a great guy in Tx and he had already flew a few test flights for me and got most of ( from what I've read nothing to it) work done .
    So he set it up for me (low rate ) none acro mode until I get comfortable with this mini .
    Timecop and many many other users say default setting flys GREAT with this fc and that's what I'm using .
    But I still WISH someone would make a SIMPLE video that shows how to start from scratch
    1- what and HOW to download the right software
    2- how to start installng the software
    3- configure the fc
    4- the 360* dance
    5-setting up all inputs
    6- how to configure to a damn SPECTRUM RADIO lol
    Trims , end points etc

All explained in terminology that average guys can understand
    And explain in layman's terms for average guys

And finally do this In a step-by-step easy to understand video for guys that are scared to swap over to multiwii as these flight controllers or much more advanced than your $25 KK 2 fc

This is the biggest reason why guys like me will never know how GREAT THIS NAZE32 really is !
    Because we just don't know how to do the ( it only takes 5min) configure
    I'm sure we can and it wound be easy for guys like me once we do it .
    We are more than capable of doing it with our average PC skills and want to enjoy these types of fc but ,
    I'd bet there are 70% multi rotor pilots out there that are using the KK2 simply because the multiwii based fc are to intimidating to configure for the 1st time therefore guys like that (like me ) may NEVER KNOW what it's like to fly a ( IMHO the best FC for the money and better than $100 fc) multiwii in particular the NAZE32 acro !!

I myself flew a kk2 for 2 years for this same reason
    So I've finally took the plunge and bought a BAH that's using the naze32 and it was already configured but I had to use my spectrum radio gear and I had to learn how to set it up with my radio gear.
    It wasn't hard but I didn't have a damn clue what I was doing but I got it .
    Now I've changed out the orange HK rx to a AR8000 and I can't get the fc to configure with my AR8000 and all I see or all you get as far as a link to a video for the naze32 is the one I know is going to get mentioned in this thread lol
    "Mochaboys "

I CAN'T BELIEVE THATS THE ONLY VIDEO on this naze32 ???
    And I can't believe that nobody has made a video for spectrum set up and or EASY STEP BY STEP TO THE POINT set up for the naze32

Yes that video is way to long for average users like me that only want to learn how to set up a new naze32 out of the box STEP BY STEP
    I don't want to know all that other stuff ( right now ) but later SURE !! And it's a DAMN GOOD VIDEO AND SURE IVE WATCHED IT A FEW TIMES .
    But hey we are new and don't know a damn thing about all those terms and fictions and don't need to know that at this point , but we will want to know everything but for now we just need help to EASILY CONFIGURE NAZE32 / multiwii fc
    FOR THE VERY 1st TIME

We just need a very simple video that will make guys like me feel VERY comfortable buying and configuring a NEW NAZE32 and other multiwii based fc .
    THANKZ
    Spectrum QQDX18 user
    Loving FPV with my son

Navigator
    Time to ditch the KK2 safety vest and learn to swim unassisted! I would suggest the following and you might be surprised at how far you get:

1. Download and read the Naaze32 manual - it's quite concise and very informative.
    2. Download Baseflight Configurator (google app) that is simply awesome and by itself almost makes the Naze32 plug and play.
    3. Watch Mochaboys wonderful YT vid one more time.

I am almost in the same boat as you. I just received a QAV400 yesterday that has a pink Naze 32 rev5 connected to a Dragonlink 12 ch. Rx. My radio is a DX8 and a AR8000. I dont know if I want to connect the 8000 up just for LOS flying for the time being till I can get a Naza and a EZuhf later.

Good luck bigjack.
    Dennis
    TBS Discovery Pro w/Vector and Typhoon Q500 4K

Quote Originally Posted by roderz View Post
    Time to ditch the KK2 safety vest and learn to swim unassisted! I would suggest the following and you might be surprised at how far you get:

1. Download and read the Naaze32 manual - it's quite concise and very informative.
    2. Download Baseflight Configurator (google app) that is simply awesome and by itself almost makes the Naze32 plug and play.
    3. Watch Mochaboys wonderful YT vid one more time.
    I've read the manual
    I've got baseflight
    But the Mochaboys video is what I referring to
    There's no doubt at all it's a great video but hell average guys don't have a clue what the hell he's talking about lol
    He goes into great detail about the hardware lol
    Guys like us don't have a clue what that stuff is nor do we need to know all that simply because we're never going to change careers to learn ALL THAT TECH INFO
    The average person doesn't know what all this hardware is , what it does and how to use all the features it's capable of doing
    We/they just want to get the fc up and flying stable and know how to tune it
    Then later if someone wants to plug into gps, Bluetooth etc then it's on them .
    But the biggest reason I'm asking about this is to request a video for a simple set up
    Thanks
    Spectrum QQDX18 user
    Loving FPV with my son

This thread taught me a few things about the naze32 http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1653753

Now I just use the awsome base flight configuration app.

Edit: btw this isnt a pnf fc, if you are looking for that go buy a naza.

Bruce,
    Well put.
    The cost of not reading and researching is a fine of $200 plus to a close source Dji product.
    See my other post re your hookups.
    Last edited by panzlflyer; 21st February 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    well you made one smart move by switching to Naze32... make another by ditching spektrum :-) what the heck does that have to do with Naze anyhow? Are you wanting to know how to set it up WITHOUT CPPM mode?
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 21st February 2014 at 08:26 PM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    well you made one smart move by switching to Naze32... make another by ditching spektrum :-) what the heck does that have to do with Naze anyhow? Are you wanting to know how to set it up WITHOUT CPPM mode?
    Let's not make this about frsky ( TARANIS) Futaba ( 14sg) and Spectrum( QQDX18)
    I've got all 3 and the spectrum QQ18 with a cheap orange 6ch HK rx got almost 1mile range before I lost enough signal to say I'm out of range .
    Test done with my son and I on FaceTime him at one end of our rd (straight rd really far out) and I was on the other end . 2nd was futaba last was Taranis that wasn't near as much range as Spectrum or the futaba .
    But yes there is a different set for these rx/tx
    My point is there are a LOT of guys that would love to go to the naze32 / multi wiki but there like me ( was) and don't have a clue what's needed to get one flying and don't try them for a long time because of it.
    I was just hoping someone would make a short and to the point video with step by step instructions .
    All that hardware talk just makes it even worse on new guys like me and after watching that video mentioned , hell that makes it more less appealing and looks way more advance than an average user can handle
    Sorry about the tx comment but it just works better for me and DSM2/DSMX is supper easy to program and functions are OMG easier to operate and to navigate
    Thanks
    Spectrum QQDX18 user
    Loving FPV with my son

Quote Originally Posted by panzlflyer View Post
    Bruce,
    Well put.
    The cost of not reading and researching is a fine of $200 plus to a close source Dji product.
    See my other post re your hookups.
    I've read for many hours and I've got mine up and flying with the new rx
    I wasn't doing this for me I was asking if anyone would make a video to help others because I've got a ton pm and emails about how many guys want to fly these but after watching the videos on them they really move away from them .
    In mochaboys video he goes into tons of hardware talk and that really makes it worse for guys wanting to try it.
    All I'm saying is there are guys ( Chris from Armattans was 1) that waited a while before messing with a multiwii fc simply because it was very intimidating and the kk2 was easy / to easy so there's so many out there that want ever know what it's like to fly a REAL FC
    That's all I'm saying
    Do you guys not agree that if you knew nothing but kk2 and try to imagine you only knew basic task on a PC ( like most of the world) and you jumped on a multiwii fc for the 1st time and guys kept giving you the link to his 45min video that's 40min of hardware info and all in terms that everyday guys have know idea what the hell he's talking about would make you not get one ??
    Impersonally am one of those guys ( until now) and I know 5-6 more at my field and all the guys that have contacted me via pm and email here and rcg
    Thanks

Ps
    I got mine doing good I'm just trying to help guys like me that shy away from things like this because it's so intimidating for 1st time user

Oh and most guys don't have time to read 1000 post and 10 threads
    I work 70-80 hrs a week so that's the point of a short and to the point step by step video
    Then read as much as you can
    I've spent hrs reading and got lost the terminology
    Spectrum QQDX18 user
    Loving FPV with my son

If u have it figured out why dont you make a video?
    I dont understand what the problem is...the board comes in x config ready to fly...the manual is as simple as it gets which part do you need a video for and how basic? Down to showing how to plug in a usb plug??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast