Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sander Style LC Filter - remove lines in your video

Quote Originally Posted by twentyfoursyc View Post
    I have wired it like this. Video goes directly to Vtx and power comes straight from 3s battery pack.

Attachment 60467
    I have now bypassed all electronics in the aircraft and wired the camera to the Video tx with nothing in between, still using the choke. The image quality is still extremely bad, but when the choke is removed is normal. I am not sure what move to make next.

Navigator
    Maybe it's worth to try only wrapping the positive wire... More turns should be better.

N3EVV
    Quote Originally Posted by twentyfoursyc View Post
    I have now bypassed all electronics in the aircraft and wired the camera to the Video tx with nothing in between, still using the choke. The image quality is still extremely bad, but when the choke is removed is normal. I am not sure what move to make next.
    Try connecting a ground wire from camera to vTX twisted closely with the video wire.

Navigator
    I have issue of TS5823 producing almost more noise than the ESCs. With no motors powered I get peak-to-peak of 320mV on my 12V BEC output which is powering the VTX and camera. If I disconnect the VTX the p2p goes down to 30mV.

So today I put a LC filter with a readymade 1mH ferrite core coil (http://www.vekoy.com/product_info.ph...ucts_id=21047I) and 470uF + 100nF caps to the camera input. So the VTX input is not filtered. I still get p2p values around 90mV at the camera input and see occasional errors in the image. I have used shielded cable for the video signal, twisted the power cables and grounded the video input at VTX.

Should I add another filter at the BEC output or should I get rid of the TS5823 and change it to Aomway for example?

If you power a camera directly from a 3S battery or have an OSD overlay and it blinks or flickers, try to isolate the power and signal wires as much as possible.

- Power: use common mode LC filter, like this one http://ivc.no/Z, to filter both power and ground from battery, BEC or external regulator. But remember to ground the VTX, CAM and OSD to the same ground after the/output of the filter.

- Signals/com: put 150 Ohm resistors in-line to minimize any current flowing in the wires, this should really already be in place on properly designed electronics. Put them on the TX and RX lines between OSD and APM/NAZE/CC3D, if used.

Navigator
    I have an OSDoge connected to my Naze, which I believe has LC filtering. Is it still of any benefit to add this?

OSDoge has a simpler LC filter which filters the power rail (not ground, like a common mode filter). You can try, if it doesn't fix the problem, try add a common mode LC filter on the power inputs to the OSDoge.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678