FPVLAB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloneout Mini H Quad

The standoffs vary, either 30 or 35mm, with 35 being the popular choice. ReadyMadeRC.com sells nice aluminum spacers, anodized red or black. Hex nylon standoffs are also an option. I'm not sure where those are being purchased. Good luck with the build, and keep an eye in this thread. There's bound to be a lot of activity and info here!
    NEFPV^
    I can't believe this place is real!

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zachishi View Post
    I have got a friend cutting me out one of these. It looks to be a ton of fun to fly. What size standoffs are you guys using and do you have a decent source for them and the bobbins. Getfpv seems to have the bobbins but like most of their stuff it is crazy expensive.
    Hey and congrats on the quad. Yes bobbing are expensive it sucks I still prefer the getfpv ones. Rec also has the nylon standoff. I prefer 30 on the small quad. 35 if trying to fit a battery between plates which is not on a mini.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by appelm View Post
    This vid shows it off pretty well in a spot only Slowjams would also pick to fly: http://youtu.be/JzcpEV9uwUw
    OMG! It's like a weed whacker. Slow, I'm sure u could accomplish this with your tri.
    Check out the NEFPV^ Mini build and assembly pictures:
    flickr.com/photos/13990876@N07/sets/72157638720060825

[Flight Box]Low Class FPV slowjet's Avatar
    I dunno about the tri, thats pretty tight. This little mini quad will be kicking ass though. I plan on flying it through the house, out the window across the neighborhood, through the neighbors open windows/door (never shuts his front door in the summer. My dog loves to run inside and chase his cats). Maybe through the open windows of the copcar thats always doing radar down the street.
    [Flight Box] - Watch, Cry, Subscribe.
    youtube.com/jnacoustic

NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by slowjet View Post
    I dunno about the tri, thats pretty tight. This little mini quad will be kicking ass though. I plan on flying it through the house, out the window across the neighborhood, through the neighbors open windows/door (never shuts his front door in the summer. My dog loves to run inside and chase his cats). Maybe through the open windows of the copcar thats always doing radar down the street.
    Can't wait to see some of that!
    Check out the NEFPV^ Mini build and assembly pictures:
    flickr.com/photos/13990876@N07/sets/72157638720060825

Quote Originally Posted by slowjet View Post
    You might want to put a 'doughnut dropper' on it so the cop gets distracted long enough for the quad to make a getaway

MyFPV.com (in DEV)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillM View Post
    Yikes! I ordered incorrectly from HK. Dammit. I ordered the balls - the link posted is clearly to the 'cylinders'!

The MinimOSD is pretty small - single PCB about 1/2 the size of the Naze. The WiteSpy version has additional solder tabs for direct hook-ups for RSSI, voltage monitoring, current sensing. You can use a non-WiteSpy version, but must solder directly to the tiny-tiny legs of the Atmega processor. In either case, the KV Team / RUSH OSD firmware and GUI are required. Standard ArduCam, MinimOSD, or MinimOSD-extra firmwares cannot be used, as those code variants require MavLink data (which the Naze32 does not generate). Fairly simple hookup. Here's a diagram I've started on. GPS in optional, too. Click for ginormous:

Attachment 41313
    WillM,
    Silly question on my part: Does the 3s lipo connect to the BEC, the BEC connects to the Radio Rx and that powers all the downstream stuff?
    Where does the power distribution board that connects to all the motors fit in?
    NEFPV^

Any word on the remaining ESCs from the group buy?
    Rusty
    NEFPV^

My Popwing Build : http://www.fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?22885-Nitroplanes-900mm-Popwing-build-logPopwing%20Build

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenTodd2 View Post
    WillM,
    Silly question on my part: Does the 3s lipo connect to the BEC, the BEC connects to the Radio Rx and that powers all the downstream stuff?
    3S lipo connects to PDB (make small pigtail with 12 or 14 ga wire and connector for your battery) all ESCs connect to pdb. BEC connects to pdb, takes 12v and steps it down to 5v, connect to rx. make sure rx has at least one channel connected to FC with all 3 wires so fc gets 5v from rx.
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

Quote Originally Posted by StevenTodd2 View Post
    WillM,
    The 3S battery connects to the power distribution board (PDB), and anything connected to the PDB gets 3S voltage. The BEC connects to the PDB, which passes +5v power to the receiver, which passes power to the Naze's Inputs, Outputs, and +5v power distribution pins and the components attached to 'em (the GPS and MinimOSD in this case). The ESCs connect directly to the PDB too, with the ESC's internal BEC disconnected (remove the red pin on the servo cable) before connecting to the Naze Outputs.

Updated image. Everything purple is "Battery Power", which in this case is 3S (~12v). Everything red is +5v fed from the BEC. I only use good BECs, Castle Creations 10A.

NOTE that there are a few different types of MinimOSD's, and different ways to power the MinimOSD's "video" or "12v" side. In some cases, you may want to not power the 12v side, and simply connect the Camera & VTx directly to the LC filter (or balance port connector if you decide not to use a filter).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Naze32_MinimOSD_GPS_Telem_Power_Video.jpg
Views:	1685
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	41443
    Last edited by WillM; 15th February 2014 at 02:34 PM.
    NEFPV^
    I can't believe this place is real!

+ Reply to Thread