FPVLAB

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Horten 229 FPV

I did some research and now realize that I can convert the .DXF files to .STL file and then be able to send the file out to whoever to make it on a 3D printer or 3D router. That would have an initial cost that I just don't want to get myself into right now. Hopefully next project.
    Last edited by canadianstarman; 6th March 2016 at 11:08 PM.
    If at first an idea doesn't sound absurd, then there is no hope for it. - by Albert Einstein

Here's a YouTube video that might interest you:

Looks like a Horten with turbine.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a YouTube video that might interest you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjbBH-M0Ic0

Looks like a Horten with turbine.

Very nice design . No drag rudders , the thrust angle is setup nicely. Taking note of control surfaces. I saw this video awhile ago and forgot about it.
    Thanks for reminding me . I'd like to see a single seat full scale version of this .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to3_zToZrLA
    Last edited by canadianstarman; 11th March 2016 at 11:00 PM.
    If at first an idea doesn't sound absurd, then there is no hope for it. - by Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by canadianstarman View Post
    I finally came up with a code to operate my drag rudder servos for my Horten FPV.
    In my demonstration video I used cheap Hobby King air brakes that would be more suitable for larger scaled flying wings.

Tried out my Arduino uno drag rudder controller on my KFm2 B2 bomber . It's working very well.

LOL nice i want to se the horten now
    Patsminihquad.com

Bell Lift Distribution

Last edited by canadianstarman; 9th January 2017 at 10:28 AM.

My Horten 9 degree twist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	demo horten 9 degree.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	75734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horten 9 degree.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	75733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	horten 9 degree 2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	75732  

This youtube tutorial was my reference for the 3D model which involved using bezzel curves.
    Last edited by canadianstarman; 23rd January 2017 at 12:51 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567