FPVLAB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Horten 229 FPV

That looks intersting! Looking forwrard to see what you havr come up with.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

Worm Slot Block Mechanism

I finally came up with a final design of my drag rudder mechanism this build period.
    I'm using a worm slot block mechanism.
    I came up with this idea after I tried to figure out how the real Horten 229 drag brake mechanism worked when referring to the following drawing

Last edited by canadianstarman; 5th April 2014 at 08:51 PM.
    If at first an idea doesn't sound absurd, then there is no hope for it. - by Albert Einstein

Final Drag Rudder Design

I got my Drag Rudder design finalized and now I can carry on with the build of the rest of the plane.

Last edited by canadianstarman; 26th April 2014 at 12:03 AM.
    If at first an idea doesn't sound absurd, then there is no hope for it. - by Albert Einstein

How goes this project? Any progress?

Quote Originally Posted by serac View Post
    How goes this project? Any progress?
    Winter is coming back up here in the great white north and means the return of build projects.
    Over the summer I made a quick build of an EDF flying wing and also design a pneumatic launcher.
    This winter I'm thinking of building a Horten flying wing using a single EDF 70mm fan

Last edited by canadianstarman; 6th September 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Back on the project again and almost finished with the design on Plane Maker.
    Going with a 3D video system using a 3D Hero mounted on a 2 - axis stabilization gimbal .
    3D CMOS cameras streams the live video using 5.8Ghz telemetry.

Last edited by canadianstarman; 26th October 2014 at 09:03 PM.

In further progress of my build I decided to try out another idea of using the 5 mm carbon fiber rod to not only control the drag rudders but act as spars by supporting the
    rods with 5 mm bearings therefore allowing the carbon rods to flex and turn freely at the same time.
    Using gear mechanisms reduces the need of 4 servos down to needing only 2 servos.
    I now plan on using an Arduino Uno controller to operate the drag rudders.

Last edited by canadianstarman; 11th December 2014 at 01:19 AM.

Interesting! You can also use a kk 2.1 mini running openaero 2 firmware to achieve the same but then with stabilisation on the yaw axisis.
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

Selective Fading.. Vintabilly_NS's Avatar
    Great build, I'm still following and just noted your 3d setup for the gopro. I have a 3d projector in the basement and an fpv filme would be great. Can't wait to see it shape up.
    ~Jer.
    Someday the signs will say "No FPV" instead of "No Skateboarding".

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Interesting! You can also use a kk 2.1 mini running openaero 2 firmware to achieve the same but then with stabilisation on the yaw axisis.
    That's a good idea. I just so happen to have a kk 2 board in my possession. Yaw axis stabilization would be a plus.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast