+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 351 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: CineTank Mk.I - Official Thread

Instructor Pilot

CineTank Mk.I - Official Thread

Introducing the CineTank Mk I. This quadcopter frame is designed and made in-house with the goal of getting you flying without the fuss. We took everything that frustrated us about all the other options out there and we engineered something better. From our innovative vibration isolation system to our cylindrical carbon fiber mounting system, we made a product that the FPV\AP connoisseur would lust after.
    FREE SHIPPING IN THE CONUS

Weight: 478.14 grams

Available at - -Australia-Germany-has rtf kits (call them)-UK

View this video on Vimeo

View this video on YouTube

Assembly Manual Download Here
    3d Model and Viewer

Features
    • No Jello or vibration in your video
    • No props in view even with GoPro Wide settings
    • Carbon Fiber Arms that provide better aerodynamics and vibration dampening
    • G10 Phenolic frame with honeycomb design to add strength and drastically reduce weight, also RF transparent for better range
    • All hardware is hex 3mm stainless steel, only one tool needed to assemble the frame
    • Wera hex driver included with every frame kit
    • Flight controller mounting holes to support cc3d, Revo, Naze32, KK2, ArduPilot and many more
    • Integrated Motor Mounts support universal 16mm x 19mm bolt pattern motors
      Motor Mounts support inverted motors for X8-Octocopter layout (in Development)
    • The dirty section (bottom) has walls to increase strength and tortional rigidity of the copter and also protects your ESCs
    • Camera plate adjust fore and aft to change CoG and help you balance your craft
    • Wires from motors can be routed via the carbon fiber tubes to protect them in the event of a crash
    • The motor mounts are designed to protect the motors and the motor wires in the event of a crash
    • Low profile landing gear pads
    • Every part will be available for replacement individually
    • The quad frame is manufactured in-house in the USA!

Battery compartment size; 30H*48W*126L (In mm)

30mm Tall (with stock spacers) we have tried up to 40mm standoffs with the CC3D on a case and the battery going under the FC.
    48mm, 43.25mm and 38.5mm Wide if standoffs are adjusted.
    126mm Deep at least (if you put a bare flight controller in the middle position of the clean section)

We have provisions for mounting a flight controller forward of middle which gets you another 30mm+ of battery space without the battery having to stick out. We understand some people want their FC in the center of the frame but in our testing it hasnt made any noticeable difference. Sinewaz moved his REVO into the forward position and didnt notice any changes in flight characteristics either.

Recommended Power System

Some of the features that gives this quad its tank-like toughness is how we interface the inner-mount with the g10 chassis. As you can see in the picture below, the mount keys into the frame. And then you run 4 screws that sandwich the frame, the clamps, frame, and landing gear all together. There are 6 standoffs in the middle of the dirty section as well for good measure, for a total of 22 fastening points that go through the dirty section.

That reminds me. We used 16mm tube so if you are in a pinch and you broke an arm you can go to the LHS and buy a tailboom for an Align T-rex 500 and make your own. Arm Replacement Template
    Last edited by terabyte; 29th June 2014 at 02:57 PM.

Navigator
    It's finally here. I've seen this beast in person and know the guys who make it, right here in USA. This copter will change the game. They took the time in the design phase and didn't cut corners.
    Congratulations guys and welcome to the LAB!

Instructor Pilot
    Thanks a bunch Alex that really means a lot coming from you.

Thanks man!

Instructor Pilot
    Really nice, and good promo vid too - enjoyed that.... especially the m2 printer as I have one too lol.

looks badass too!

What landing gear options will you have though - I had issues taking off from anything but short grass or hard surfaces with my QAV500 until fitting the gear to raise it up a bit.

Do NOT disturb the pilot saucisse's Avatar
    Looks like a really well put together frame ! Really like the video intro! Wish you guys good luck! Competition can only be good for us, customers or should I say ''addics'' lol

Quick question that comes in mind, how did you pick the dampeners that you have and how good would it be in cold climate? The reason I'm asking is that no matter which frame I pick none can '' deliver '' the easy way when flying @ -10celcius and below. Alsways have to be super cautious on everything compare to in summer, just put new props on it ( not even balancing them) and fly jellow free.

Cheers!
    Last edited by saucisse; 13th December 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Long range FPV is so 2009

I like the looks of this frame, do you have any pictures of an assembled/flying frame? The 3D/CAD is nice but I am interested in seeing actual FPV ready pics. What kind of motors have you tested/do you recommend for this frame? All Up Weight (AUW)?
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Really nice, and good promo vid too - enjoyed that.... especially the m2 printer as I have one too lol.
    looks badass too!
    What landing gear options will you have though - I had issues taking off from anything but short grass or hard surfaces with my QAV500 until fitting the gear to raise it up a bit.
    Thanks bud! Your post about the M2 is what made us look into those. We have the design for the taller landing gear almost ready. Its going to be different from what you normally see on quads, lets just say that.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I like the looks of this frame, do you have any pictures of an assembled/flying frame? The 3D/CAD is nice but I am interested in seeing actual FPV ready pics. What kind of motors have you tested/do you recommend for this frame? All Up Weight (AUW)?
    Sorry for not having more pretty pictures of it to show off (its been hectic trying to release this) but;

Tiger 1100kv work nice with 8 or 9 inch props. SunnySky 1250kv with 8 inch props would be my goto recommended motor as that is what we are all flying now on the CineTank.

AUW was under 1400grams with a 4s 3300.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by saucisse View Post
    Looks like a really well put together frame ! Really like the video intro! Wish you guys good luck! Competition can only be good for us, customers or should I say ''addics'' lol

Quick question that comes in mind, how did you pick the dampeners that you have and how good would it be in cold climate? The reason I'm asking is that no matter which frame I pick none can '' deliver '' the easy way when flying @ -10celcius and below. Alsways have to be super cautious on everything compare to in summer, just put new props on it ( not even balancing them) and fly jellow free.

Cheers!
    Unfortunately we cant replicate your weather but we flew with mostly beat up chipped and unbalanced props to simulate worse possible conditions, then we tried different isolators and amount of isolators until we got rid of all jello no matter what we did. If for some reason the included isolators dont work in your climate let us know and we will help you out with a different "recipe". The beauty of this is that its fully tunable by the end-user. We even made provisions for regular bobbins if you want to use those instead.

+ Reply to Thread