Page 3 of 994 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in Colorado...

enthused enthusiast
    Absolutely. Just let me know when works for you and where and I will be there.

lets plan to meet here at 11:30am on Sunday (in the turn around).
    Last edited by Derrick; 18th September 2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added day of the week
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

enthused enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretSpy711 View Post
    Just keep the TFR (temporary flight restriction) in mind. Wouldn't be surprised if you get asked to stop. Its nice to want to help using FPV as a tool for good, but honestly the guys doing the rescue and repair work will want people to stay out of their way.
    Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about going to help people clean out their basements. I just want to fly for fun away from any flooded areas or rescue aircraft.

enthused enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    lets plan to meet here at 11:30am (in the turn around).
    On Friday or Sunday?

I can do either... but I would prefer Sunday (have to work on Friday).
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasche View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about going to help people clean out their basements. I just want to fly for fun away from any flooded areas or rescue aircraft.
    oooh... lol. I read ya. I'm game for Sunday as well.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    COFPV.com

Afternoon,

If I can add a little information to this subject, I just demob'ed from the Jeffco incident. I'm on Jeffco's IMT and was assigned to this incident last Thursday. I don't claim to know all the details, but a few, so I'll stay in my lane.

FEMA is here and taking flights around Jeffco to assess damages. So expect a lot of air traffic primarily from ANG Blackhawks all over Jefferson County for the next few days. Regardless of whether we have a TFR over Jeffco (we don't) be smart about where/when you fly for the next few days. Major damage all the way south to Evergreen/Morrison. Personally I would stay away from north Jefferson county. South and east = good. Here is a map the IMT has put together, it might help:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...1&source=embed

The FEMA flights are related to relief dollars reimbursement for the incident operations/response, recovery and infrastructure redevelopment, as well as folks who have lost property in the floods. That is critically important for our county as a whole. It is going to be years of repairs in some cases, that money will be sorely needed.

The TFRs put into place by both Type 2 teams in Boulder and Ft. Collins should be respected. Two of my team leads are Comm unit leaders in those incidents and they said it is the biggest heavy metal air show they've seen. Simply put: don't fly in the TFR. It is just not worth the risk and it seems like common sense, to me anyway.

I have been unable to fly for weeks and I'm jonesing for some air time, but I'm gonna cool my jets and get some sleep .

Mike

Very interesting. I must admit I'm itching to fly over the flood zone, but I think I will wait until after the TFR is lifted and the air traffic dies down. Probably too risky for the time being. Looks like most of the JefCo air traffic is up in the mountains, not down along the hogback where a lot of us regularly fly. Though the other day I flew over the hogback by Chatfield south of C-470 and right after I landed one of the big Chinook helicopters flew over at probably 1000'. I thought they were all up around Boulder.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

Yep river157 picked the right time for his flights.

Sunday should work for me too.

Navigator
    +1 for Sunday

Page 3 of 994 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast