Page 993 of 999 FirstFirst ... 493893943983991992993994995 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,930 of 9987

Thread: What's going on in Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by Zangetsu57 View Post
    Yes you can. You need a proper microwave power splitter. As you said, you pay a penalty since the power is split. This penalty for s 1 to 2 split is 3dB (half the power) plus whatever the additional loss is through the splitter. At 1.3 GHz the additional loss usually isn't much...probably tenths of a dB for a good splitter.
    Thank you, I looked up microwave splitters and they were in the $1,000s. Do you know of any inexpensive ones?

Whats better a pepperbox to receive multiple signals from different directions? or is there something better? cheaper?

Would a left hand pepperbox care about a yagi signal?
    thank you

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by neonnate View Post
    Thank you, I looked up microwave splitters and they were in the $1,000s. Do you know of any inexpensive ones?

Whats better a pepperbox to receive multiple signals from different directions? or is there something better? cheaper?

Would a left hand pepperbox care about a yagi signal?
    thank you
    I apologize the the delay in getting back to you. What you want is a splitter that works acrosss the frequency you are planning to use. If you want 1.3 GHz, then you can probably find some good deals on ebay. A cable TV splitter could work in a pinch if you got one that covers the right band, but they are 75 ohms instead of 50 ohms, so there will be a slight impedance mismatch. Here are a few, but I didn't perform a super thorough search:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Narda-4372-2...cAAOSwxYxUz6vv
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anaren-4J026...MAAOSwfZ1WXfPQ
    https://www.minicircuits.com/WebStore/Splitters.html

Anaren and Narda both typically make good power dividers. I'd try to get something used on ebay to keep costs low.

A CP antenna can receive a linearly polarized antenna (and vice-versa), but there is approximately a 3dB penalty due the polarization mismatch. It isn't the end of the world, however, and many people use this combination to keep a consistent 3dB loss rather than have it vary over angle and possibly be 20 dB down or worse as is the case for linearly polarized antennas that are orthogonal.

GReat, I ordered the anaren. Thank you for helping me with that!

So If im understanding this correctly, I will use 2 yagis, one will be 300 yards the other 1,300 yards, they will both aim at ibcrazy Cp madmushroom and then splitt it for 2 recievers.
    Does this sound right?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by neonnate View Post
    GReat, I ordered the anaren. Thank you for helping me with that!

So If im understanding this correctly, I will use 2 yagis, one will be 300 yards the other 1,300 yards, they will both aim at ibcrazy Cp madmushroom and then splitt it for 2 recievers.
    Does this sound right?
    That sounds right. Let me summarize below to make sure I understand:

- Two video transmitters, each tuned to separate frequencies, each attached to their own VTX and antenna (Yagi)
    - One Rx antenna (Omni) with a 3dB 50 ohm power divider and a separate VRx tuned to the respective VTX frequencies.

If the above is true, it should work. The only issue you might fight is channel to channel isolation for the receivers since these hobby-grade transmitters don't have the best filtering. Hopefully it just works, but if you observe ghosting or bleed, you might be able to solve the problem with additional external filtering. I'd test it first. If it has issues, PM me and I can help you out.
    Last edited by Zangetsu57; 13th July 2017 at 11:23 PM.

Navigator
    Would anyone like to meet up and fly this weekend?

Navigator
    Hey guys, I'm putting together a Flinch with a microvector, which translates to a lot of soldering. I've included some sketches of how I have it wired. If you guys could double check my wiring, I would greatly appreciate it, ( before I apply power ).

I am utilizing both E/T's current sensor and gps/mag, along with a vtx and camera, both 12 volt.

I know I have a problem with my servo power, as described, and included my alternative.

I think I have the wiring correct for powering both cam/vtx. On the current sensor to micro-vector cable I removed the 5 volt cable entirely and soldered both positive cables of the vtx/cam side to the 12 volt cable of the current sensor side.

For those interested in the hardware,

crossfire diversity
    lumenier 600vtl camera
    Lumenier 600pro vtx
    Hitec mg85 servos
    Cobra 2814/10 1700kv motor
    Cobra 60A esc
    APC 8 x6e prop
    E/T micro-vector with current sensor and gps/mag, ( not using a tube ).

Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010010.jpg   P1010009.jpg   P1010008.jpg  

By the time you add the GPS and Current sensor, a Mini Vector is about the same size as a regular vector, just with extra soldering.

Don't remove anything from servo wires/plugs. The Vector's servo output bus is isolated from the Vector's own power and video side.
    Normally you just plug ESC's throttle plug into Vector's throttle channel on the servo rail, and the ECS's BEC powers the servos. The 3 wire that carries S-BUS signal from Rx to Vector, also carries power back to the Rx.
    Don't ever try to use the 5V line from the Vector's PSU to power the servo bus.

So.. a little something different.

Navigator
    Thanks.

I went with the alternate method to power the servos, after reading in the manual that it's a good idea to power servos on planes that way. Made sense to me.

So, power on today, and nothing smoked. Upgraded software and firmware. Now she's ready to program. She's coming out pretty good. Think I'll like her. I've tucked and tunneled, keeping her as streamline as possible.
    Went with Crossfire after giving up on EZ. Out at the club I kept getting slammed constantly when flying in 2 parts of the sky. Lots of telemetry out there being broadcast from everything. Crossfire is like a Honey Badger. Honey Badger don't give a shit!

Glad to see everything went well at the meet. Sorry I missed it this year. My knee wasn't healed up to a point I could deal with it yet.

This much I know and can highly recommend,,,,, retirement,,,, it's the best!

Personally I found Crossfire to have sub par performance in our high noise environment along the front range (telemetry signal gave up about 1.5 miles out, forcing the Tx to high power), and none of our 1.3Ghz VRXs play nice with it (They see the Crossfire Tx's high powered 915Mhz signal just like another video signal powered up on the flight line, so video signal gets stepped on pretty hard). Hope it works out for ya.

Page 993 of 999 FirstFirst ... 493893943983991992993994995 ... LastLast