Page 1005 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951003100410051006 LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,050 of 10056

Thread: What's going on in Colorado...

Navigator
    48". She's a little complicated build, not much in directions. Just a reference to their p51 build and the Phoenix build. From there it's just a lot of glue and foam. Got the vector in one boom and the GPS in the other.
    I have a small thread on the fixed wing thread about it. On my channel, Tomstoy2 on YouTube I have a bunch of vids of me chasing Greg with it. She struggles flying as slow as a Maxi-Swift but easy to catch up when you spot it.
    Only thing I would do different on the build is use balsa on the control surfaces, that's it.
    Blows unsuspecting spectators away seeing it shoot touch and goes under the goggles.

One thing to consider with that plane (as with all EPP planes) if you take the time to round all the corners and shape the nose and tail and such, they can be made significantly more slippery (which also makes em quieter). It's a little odd to see LEG selling such a chunky looking aircraft after years of super slippery PSS planes.
    Here's a LEG slope plane I used to own

Flew as good as it looks.

Hmm interesting.. It's not the prettiest thing but I like the design in literally every other way. The only thing I worry about is not having enough size to produce the quality of video I'm looking for. I'd like a ~60" version that isn't $300+

I'm torn between that or just building another Chimera
    youtube.com/user/ezikiel121212
    COFPV.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ezikiel12 View Post
    Ya I plowed the Drak into the ground within 5 minutes of flying RIP Flew out of LOS and I flipped the wrong switch thinking I was putting it into 2D and instead I put it in ACRO (new radio). So all I had was DVR footage of when it first went out of LOS. Walked around for a couple hours and ran a couple sweeps with the Mavic and was able to find it (with the mavic). I might make a short video of the process of finding it. In the meantime the plane is a total loss so now I need to find a new platform to fly.
    That blows...sorry to hear. The Chimera HD looks like it might be more stable but not as fast as the original. The Chimera race has some pitch bouncing issues, at least according to some folks, but is faster. What about a big plank like the Graugans?

Why don't you guys run Talons? They are fairly slippery and take about 1100 watts to get to 100mph.

I have been curious about Talons / Mini-Talons. They seem to be one of the most popular planes among FPVers in Europe. Not sure they're quite as popular over here. Actually while I was on vacation on the island of Svalbard in the Arctic this summer, I saw an FPV Talon fly over. I tracked down a YouTube channel for someone that lives there and flies those, and I'm pretty sure he's on here as well. Small world.
    ~Patrick M.

YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/SerithianFPV

Colorado FPV Pilot and Flying Site Map: mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjYlxx5w300I.kmgDGKOhrMAo

I get people to do stuff. TheBender's Avatar
    We have mini talons all over the place up here. But EPO sucks. The LEG Starburst is an excellent plane and is very durable. I am not a fan of the kit or build method but the end product is pretty good. Ken has one I chase with my SkyHunter and they are very compatible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mike2.jpg   Mike1.jpg   Mike3.jpg  
    If you are not trying to fit through an opening that is just too tight, you are not FPVing.
    NEFPV^

New to this forum I can figure out how to post a new thread. But my question is does anyone know which gives a longer range from the VTX side, Vee 1.3ghz vs BlueBeam Cloverleaf 1.3ghz? On IBcrazies site it kinda reads like the Vee but on ready made RC site the Vee says medium range.

I've crashed two Talons now and they do not come back from a crash at all, foam bits everywhere.

As in the Talon's foam is more brittle than usual EPO, or just the fact that EPO breaks more readily than EPP?
    If it's normal EPO, then strengthening it with Kevlar cloth as we do with the Skyhunter is pretty easy.

Page 1005 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951003100410051006 LastLast