Page 975 of 996 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975976977985 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,750 of 9956

Thread: What's going on in Colorado...

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    I caved in and registered with the FAA. If I want to fly on campus, I have to deal with their bullshit rules and get approval for each aircraft. I hope the person who created the rules enjoys going through all my aircraft's 3 page application.
    Bummer, I'm waiting to see if the courts ax the FAA registration via the Taylor case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomstoy View Post
    Been awhile. Getting use to this retirement thing.

Been working on the Cub a lot. Painting is in it's final stages. After that, just throw everything in. Started to get excited! Not the best shot, just a quick peak,,,
    That looks awesome!! My Bhyon has a ways to go yet...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyzm74ayug...19.46.jpg?dl=0

I took a break from it for a while to build a M60 sloper...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx7vloefob...02.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4erfsswb7...23.16.jpg?dl=0

I am going to be in the Denver the week of the 24th and would be interested in meeting up with anyone for some afternoon flying. I know of one who said the would be available a couple of times, wondering if there would be any more takers. I brought a couple of "foam board" planes being there are the only ones I have that I can fold up or take apart and fit into a small two seater. I tried to fly last year but I was not comfortable with my gear, sorry about that Daemon and ezikiel12. This year should be different, weather dependent of course. I also would like to get with Rfiedman if he is around and call upon his expertise with APM and Pixhawk controllers.

I will usually be available anytime after 1600, sometimes earlier. I will be staying in the Lakewood area but would be willing to travel to some of the good flying areas.

Oh, Iceman952, I did bring my foam board Reaper this time, you will be able to see it this time. I also brought a small camera/vtx that we can stick on your plane.

Hope to hear from some while I am in the Denver area,

Chet W.

I know this is a Colorado thread, I'll ask here as there is no New Mexico thread .
    Anyone from the Farmington, NM area? Lived in Farmington 8 years now and have never seen another FPV person around here

Quote Originally Posted by OsiViper View Post
    I know this is a Colorado thread, I'll ask here as there is no New Mexico thread .
    Anyone from the Farmington, NM area? Lived in Farmington 8 years now and have never seen another FPV person around here
    Previously, I worked for MSHA and had to go to the BHP coal mine for a mine fire response. I've moved on to a new job though, and doubt I'll ever be back down there.

We've kicked around the idea of doing FPV at Shiprock a few times but we've never done it. Volto and his bro and a couple other guys are in Durango.

Quote Originally Posted by chetw77cruiser View Post
    I am going to be in the Denver the week of the 24th and would be interested in meeting up with anyone for some afternoon flying. I know of one who said the would be available a couple of times, wondering if there would be any more takers. I brought a couple of "foam board" planes being there are the only ones I have that I can fold up or take apart and fit into a small two seater. I tried to fly last year but I was not comfortable with my gear, sorry about that Daemon and ezikiel12. This year should be different, weather dependent of course. I also would like to get with Rfiedman if he is around and call upon his expertise with APM and Pixhawk controllers.

I will usually be available anytime after 1600, sometimes earlier. I will be staying in the Lakewood area but would be willing to travel to some of the good flying areas.

Oh, Iceman952, I did bring my foam board Reaper this time, you will be able to see it this time. I also brought a small camera/vtx that we can stick on your plane.

Hope to hear from some while I am in the Denver area,

Chet W.
    Sorry, I don't have time this week with tests at school and work. Hope you can get out to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    We've kicked around the idea of doing FPV at Shiprock a few times but we've never done it. Volto and his bro and a couple other guys are in Durango.
    Shiprock would he cool to get. Gotta wonder about permits though. They're very picky about any activities on or around Shiprock. I heard of a few people who tried to rock climb it without getting permits and all their gear got confiscated. And any time they do any hiking, waking, or biking events around it, there is a lot of permits to get.

Wondering if anyone knows how to fix a bad voltage readout on a charger. Cell #1 readout seems to be going bad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69q4gg9a1l5lxhg/2017-04-27%2002.43.53.mp4?dl=0

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman952 View Post
    That looks awesome!! My Bhyon has a ways to go yet...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyzm74ayug...19.46.jpg?dl=0

I took a break from it for a while to build a M60 sloper...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx7vloefob...02.12.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4erfsswb7...23.16.jpg?dl=0

Thanks! It's been a pure bitch. She's fought me every inch of the way. There's 83 red and blue squares per wing bottom. Prep and tape removal, about 2 hours per wing to apply each. Same to remove. Then there's the freaking touchup. Still doing that.
    Problem is, despite myself, it's turning out a hell of a lot better than I thought it would! This tends to bring out the anal in me. Even after forcing myself to stop, I end up going back over it again and again.
    Closing in on the end of it. Hope to have her ready by our big bird meet.

Yours is looking extrodinary! Got some sexy lines on her for sure. I can't imagine taking on a project like that. However, next up for me is scratch building a 133 inch Stuka.
    Keeping the wings from warping during covering that thing must be a nightmare!

Page 975 of 996 FirstFirst ... 475875925965973974975976977985 ... LastLast