Page 1 of 1006 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in Colorado...

What's going on in Colorado...

Hey guys, we seem to be pretty active here and figured that we could just start a thread rather than the annual meet thread... I think that jimmy mentioned this to me when flying with Hans.

Coloradans... Post!
    Last edited by Derrick; 3rd November 2013 at 12:24 PM.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

enthused enthusiast
    Hello. I will just repost what I put in the other thread. Basically I have the day off this Friday (the 20th of September) and would like to meet up with some other FPV guys. I live in downtown Denver.

Short notice, and I don't come around here nearly enough, but I was hoping to get out and fly on Friday the 20th in the morning somewhere around Denver. I have been flying at Ruby Hill park which is great for quads. Lots of stuff to fly around and some good open space. I have a 400Q set up on 2.4 and 5.8 as well as a laser cut tricopter and maybe another quad both on 2.4 and 5.8. I think there will be 3 of us out there as of right now. Not sure how these things work.

Here is a video of my last flight there if anyone is interested. http://youtu.be/-ULlGKElx6k

Thanks.

I have every other Friday off... this upcoming Friday is not one of them though. If it is early enough, and close enough to my work I will make sure that my batteries are charged and ready to go.I like to be in to work no later than 7 am, but could stretch that to 8, maybe 9 if I can get some extra hours in the rest of the week. I am definitely game to meet Saturday or Sunday too, though our frequencies are not fully compatible as I fly 2.3 for video.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

I'd love to meet up this weekend if my schedule permits. Should have some planes to fly shortly.

enthused enthusiast
    Awesome. I was planning on going camping this weekend, but looks like I might just hang around and blame it on the new puppy I just got. Just let me know when and where and I will try my best to make it. I also have every other Friday off, opposite of you though, but I can be flexible.

Is there any way to run a notch filter or something like that? I guess being on the same frequency we will still have issues. I am using the FrSky module if that makes a difference. I bought the stuff to go to 1.2 and UHF but I haven't had the time to get it set up. Do you guys know much about that stuff?

I am sure we can help you get it figured out...

I should be fine for video as long as I set up few feet from you and make sure I stay in close. For the most part all I have noticed is lines in my video, I am more concerned that if I fly to close to you I will cause a lock out on the plane.

What UHF system did you go with? I fly DragonLink... everyone else here is on RangeLink.

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    Do you guys know much about that stuff?
    These guys know nothing about that stuff :P
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Spearheading an Aliance BravoGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by volto View Post
    These guys know nothing about that stuff :P
    ^Ha LOL
    ~BG

Fixed wing: VAS Banshee - Sky Hunter Grey - Sky Hunter White - Skwalker 1900 - CTH Storm Chaser - CTH Albatross - Diamond 2500 - Super Sky Surfer - Phoenix 2000 - Fun Cub - Sonic 185 - Eflite ascent
    Wings: PopWing - Multiplex Zeno
    Multi-Copters: 400Q - Spanky - PE SS Mini H - GLB spider quad - ATG 750 - Tarot FY680 - V929 - Syma X5C

enthused enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    I am sure we can help you get it figured out...

I should be fine for video as long as I set up few feet from you and make sure I stay in close. For the most part all I have noticed is lines in my video, I am more concerned that if I fly to close to you I will cause a lock out on the plane.

What UHF system did you go with? I fly DragonLink... everyone else here is on RangeLink.
    I bought rangelink. After watching a few of your meetup videos I am pretty sure you guys can help out haha.

Navigator
    I'm starting to look into getting a copter and looking for suggestions/advice. TBS Disco seems a bit pricey, but it seems like the gold-standard. What do you guys fly?

I'm up for flying this weekend. DL2, 1.3

cheers!

Page 1 of 1006 12311511015011001 ... LastLast