FPVLAB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foxtech 32channel 5.8ghz 600mw TX/RX combo compatible with ALL 5.8ghz gear out there

Foxtech 32channel 5.8ghz 600mw TX/RX combo compatible with ALL 5.8ghz gear out there

Foxtech sent me a 32 channel 600mw video transmitter/receiver combo for review.

The unboxing:

The first flight using stock antennas:
    W4UAV FPV

Hi W4UAV,
    There is no interference with the original antenna!
    I am preparing to order a set TX / RX
    Do you think Foxtech 32channel 5.8ghz 600mw is better than ImmersionRC 600mw ?

a +
    Cruchot

There was a little static. You could still fly with that signal even with the stock setup. I was on my way out to around 2 miles but the ESC overheated and shut down. I am going to try circular polarized antennas next.
    As for the IRC 600mw, I had a bad experience with the first generation IRC 600mw 5.8ghz Transmitter. It had no range at all. From what I understand the second generation with the nexwave module is supposed to be better, I havent tried the second gen yet. I do want to try the IRC system with this receiver and see how it works it is supposed to be compatible with all IRC frequencies as well as Boscam and Walkera.
    So far so good.
    Mike
    W4UAV FPV

Would you all say this is the best 5.8ghz combo available to date? I'm just getting into FPV and need a video setup for my Tri-copter. I'd like to be able to freely explore above the tree-tops, but I can't afford 1.3ghz + UHF yet. Figured I should just start with 2.4ghz + 5.8ghz video. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by W4UAV View Post
    There was a little static. You could still fly with that signal even with the stock setup. I was on my way out to around 2 miles but the ESC overheated and shut down. I am going to try circular polarized antennas next.
    As for the IRC 600mw, I had a bad experience with the first generation IRC 600mw 5.8ghz Transmitter. It had no range at all. From what I understand the second generation with the nexwave module is supposed to be better, I havent tried the second gen yet. I do want to try the IRC system with this receiver and see how it works it is supposed to be compatible with all IRC frequencies as well as Boscam and Walkera.
    So far so good.
    Mike
    The ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitters don't use our NexWaveRF modules, that's reserved for the receivers, where the sensitivity, and out of band rejection (2.4GHz RC!), is better than anything else on the market. Furthermore the 600mW design has seen two iterations, the first one, that was discontinued almost two years ago, and the current V2 transmitter which is about 40% smaller than the previous version and currently still is the smallest and most popular 5.8GHz transmitter to date.

The reason for its popularity is clear: unparalleled image quality, durability and range when used with our NexWaveRF receivers.

P.s. you're not flying with a #16 keychain camera as your flight camera I hope?
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    The ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitters don't use our NexWaveRF modules, that's reserved for the receivers, where the sensitivity, and out of band rejection (2.4GHz RC!), is better than anything else on the market. Furthermore the 600mW design has seen two iterations, the first one, that was discontinued almost two years ago, and the current V2 transmitter which is about 40% smaller than the previous version and currently still is the smallest and most popular 5.8GHz transmitter to date.

The reason for its popularity is clear: unparalleled image quality, durability and range when used with our NexWaveRF receivers.

You think 'ImmersionRC 5.8 ghz 600mw "is better than" Foxtech 5.8ghz 600mw "?

Foxtech 32channel 5.8ghz 600mw TX/RX combo compatible with ALL 5.8ghz gear out there

Sander - I'm using an immersionrc 600mW 5.8GHz vtx (version 1) as a relay from my 1.3ghz ground station to my aviator goggles, which have the new 5.8 Nexwave receiver board in them. I'm having issues with screen tearing in bright scenes with this setup but it's clear if i take video with a cable directly from the receivers. Could a new V2 version 600 mW immersionrc vtx help with this at all? Cam is a pz0420 on most of my aircraft - I've seen this discussed before that it is a problem with crappy sync levels on chinese cams etc. My old 600mW vtx has been through some crashes.

I have ordered a new irc vtx to actually test it, as well as one of these foxtech 32ch ones.. But I thought you might have a prediction
    Thanks

I wasnt, as I explained in the video. But I could.
    W4UAV FPV

The ImmersionRC 5.8GHz 600mW transmitters don't use our NexWaveRF modules, that's reserved for the receivers,
    That shows I havent been keeping up with the latest IRC 5.8 gear. If you would like to send me the latest one and a receiver to test side by side with the Foxtech TS832/RC832, that would be a great comparison.
    Thanks Sander.
    Mike
    Last edited by W4UAV; 21st July 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    W4UAV FPV

Navigator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7230424.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	29571

I've gone with the Boscam 832 from HiModel and the TBS Receiver to insert in to the Fatshark goggles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast