+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flytron SimpleOSD X2 Help

Keep their heads wingin' Superevan's Avatar

Flytron SimpleOSD X2 Help

Does anybody have any good experience with the SimpleOSD X2 model from Flytron??

I recently purchased one of these because I was looking for something lightweight, not super crazy feature rich and, as the name says, simple. I only purchased the current sensor for the time being and would get the GPS sensor later once get everything working in the air. BTW, I plan on putting this in my Mini Zephyr, hence the weight and size.

After soldering on all the pinouts and wiring it up to my system on the bench it seemed to be working. However as soon as I plug the current sensor into the board the screen goes static and no video passes through.

Also when I power the system up, the GPS lock screen is visible along with all other data like altitude, speed and direction home which I don't want because I don't have the GPS unit. SO, I downloaded the ground station software and plugged the unit into my FTDI cable, but the software won't recognize the unit's com port.

Basically my 3 three problem areas are:
    Why does the video go out when I connect the current sensor?
    Why won't the GS software recognize the unit's plugged in?
    and How do I turn off the GPS data and have the unit just recognize and display battery info and time?

I really did something I don't always do, and buy a product with not a lot of community knowledge or very great support. So anybody that could lend a hand is appreciated.

Thanks, Evan

Update: I found this page in their forum about adding a push button to the pinouts so I'm going to give it a try. Hopefully this solves all my problems...doubt it.

http://forum.flytron.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1886

Keep their heads wingin' Superevan's Avatar
    So the button thing didn't work at all. No affect on anything

Does anybody even own this OSD ?

+ Reply to Thread