Page 3 of 888 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Timot, you can take away the top and bottom plate and place the new plates on. The 900kV's got a minor revision last week, updated bearings and updated prop adapter. please check the announcement thread here:
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....otors-are-here!

Once again another amazing creation.Hopefully I can make it into first batch shipped and shipping estimates hold true.I would love to have this built and setup for Burning Man.I have been waiting for the DJI gimbal for a while now but doubt I will be buying it now.Time to order all the associated parts to get this one into flight.How much room does this have for gear compared to the current discovery? I might just mount my WKm on this for the poi feature with the gimbal.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
    How much 'tinkering' will you have to do with the settings for everything? Never setup a gimbal before, let alone any alexmos stuff. Plug and play?
    zero tinkering. we've got a preconfigured settings file that we flash onto your gimbal control from the factory. slap the gopro in, plug in the back-end connector, and you're good to go.

Pilot

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    zero tinkering. we've got a preconfigured settings file that we flash onto your gimbal control from the factory. slap the gopro in, plug in the back-end connector, and you're good to go.
    Ugh! Why do you have to sprinkle crack all over your products. My girl doesn't understand how I blew like 5 grand into FPV. Now you come out with a killer gimbal.. So hate you guys...

Trappy ...
    this gimbal uses brushless motors ?? how?? http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....iscovery/page4

Quote Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
    Ugh! Why do you have to sprinkle crack all over your products. My girl doesn't understand how I blew like 5 grand into FPV. Now you come out with a killer gimbal.. So hate you guys...
    we make what we fly. and we like crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird1500 View Post
    Trappy ...
    this gimbal uses brushless motors ?? how?? http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....iscovery/page4
    hahaha. yes, of course brushless motors

Pilot

The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Will the gimbal have UPS shipping as an option?

we're actually adding DHL and UPS this week if everything goes according to plan. permanently, as a shop option, that is.

Navigator
    Hey Trappy..

Its sunny sunday but the weather is pretty bad hazy, courtesy of neigbouring Sumatera open burnings.. Heard that Spore got hit the worst.
    But with a mask, that wont stop me & kamarul out for Disco flights later ;-)

Anyway, im not to update weather reports to you but rather have to put a hold on my intention to get the spare Disco plates..Why?
    Because you just announced the Disco Pro kit! dangg! I want it!

So, with the current TBS Disco setup, just get the Disco Pro Kit right? It comes with TBS Core & BG controller, i dont need anything else? Just plugged in motors + esc and im good to go. Is there a software I need to assign radio control for gimbal? or can just do it via Naza software?

Ok now with this Gimbal Pro kit, what is the best flight time you get with the, say TBS 4500 lipo?
    | TBS Discovery + Hero 3 on LoVeSeaT| MT2216 1100kv v2 + TBS Bulletproof ESCs | Graupner 9x5 | Naza + GPS | Tiny OSD |
    | TBS Discovery PRO + Hero 3 | TBS 900kv2 + TBS Bulletproof ESCs | Graupner 9x5 | Naza + GPS |
    | Futaba T8J + EZUHF tx & Diversity rx | Lawmate 2.4 TBS Tuned tx/rx | CP SPW24 & HeliAxial24 |

about 12mins with the 900kV motors and 4500mAh 4S.

yes, the DISCO PRO can be switched out with the DISCO.