Page 887 of 889 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889 LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,870 of 8882

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

Navigator
    Thought i'd ask here but is there anyone in the market for a Discover pro? I simply do NOT use it anymore as I've converted to a quad/wing racer. PM me if interested.

Discovery pro
    Naza M V2
    TBS 1000kv
    TBS BulletProof

Thanks!

Maybe I'm getting shot for this question, but I couldn't find related blogs / threads to this. Can someone explain me the price for a new discovery pro? Does it have some special features I'm not aware of? I'm trying to compare it to a dji mavic pro or a inspire 1 - yes, i know - shame on such out of the box drones, which you cannot really modify. I mean, the discovery pro is already about 4 years old, has no 3 axis gimbal and also not the newest flight controller.

Thank you!

Navigator
    They just never changed the price
    If you are just a starting flyer
    Go for the mavic

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.
    No, actually I'm flying already other planes and drones, but wanted to have something, what flies "long ranges", at least 20 -30 minutes and is capable of doing photos, which doesn't look so bad. I liked the approach of the discovery pro, but it's obviously "old" technology and therefore I went for the phantom 4 pro .

Navigator
    Much better
    I have the tbs and the ph 4
    Tbs is doing nothing anymore and I cant sell the thing
    Good luck with the phantom

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by wippo76 View Post
    Tbs is doing nothing anymore and I cant sell the thing
    The Discovery is still a very valid platform for photography and distance. Instead of using a Naza you could use a Vector or a Pixhawk if you need more features. The endurance motors and arms work fine - the gimbal with a GoPro does a perfect job for 99% of what most people need. If you fly much I think you will find more than a few limitations with a Phantom or a Mavic. Those are pretty much closed systems and the software is rather kludgy and DJI is notorious for not caring or being responsive. The DJI radios are only going to work with those copters. A Taranis can hold a bazillion models. I have 3 different external transmitters for mine - Crossfire, EzUHF, and some Orange RX toy thing for 5.2gz. The DJI copters don't have any real distance. Using the Crossfire radios people are getting 100km with a little effort. A single battery for a Phantom 4 is $160US - a 4200ma 4S that fits in a Discovery is about $60US. It comes down to what your mission is and the type of pilot you are. The Discovery's have an unlimited range of possibilities. There is really nothing to update on it as the build out possibilities are infinite. They are still very valid platforms.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DWB80117 View Post
    The Discovery is still a very valid platform for photography and distance. Instead of using a Naza you could use a Vector or a Pixhawk if you need more features. The endurance motors and arms work fine - the gimbal with a GoPro does a perfect job for 99% of what most people need. If you fly much I think you will find more than a few limitations with a Phantom or a Mavic. Those are pretty much closed systems and the software is rather kludgy and DJI is notorious for not caring or being responsive. The DJI radios are only going to work with those copters. A Taranis can hold a bazillion models. I have 3 different external transmitters for mine - Crossfire, EzUHF, and some Orange RX toy thing for 5.2gz. The DJI copters don't have any real distance. Using the Crossfire radios people are getting 100km with a little effort. A single battery for a Phantom 4 is $160US - a 4200ma 4S that fits in a Discovery is about $60US. It comes down to what your mission is and the type of pilot you are. The Discovery's have an unlimited range of possibilities. There is really nothing to update on it as the build out possibilities are infinite. They are still very valid platforms.
    I totally agree. Could they update it? Sure. I'd love to see TBS offer a pure carbon fibre frame with no integrated PDB, updated camera mounts for adjustable angle, larger battery bay. But for $60-$70 I think it's still a great price for an awesome looking quad. My Disco will be up in the air for it's first flight this weekend and I can't wait to see how it flies Woot Woot. Now if DJI would just update it's 4 year old firmware for the Naza-M...................................

Navigator
    I have spent the last 6 months flying over the coast near my home. It is amazing but I have started to see that there are some rusty parts in my vtx, some pins seems to be a bit salt covered... TBS does great but I wonder if any day it will fall into the ocean. Is there anything I can spray or so to cover contacts and pcb?

Also, I changed batteries from zippy 4000 to sls 4000. the second ones are a bit bigger than the others but time flight is quite similar. The problem now is that my tbs can't fly as higher as I could with the previous batteries. I don't know if it is because the weight or because a limitation of my naza. But there is a moment in my throttle stick when the tbs doesn't climb more (about 75% or so). I have 900 kv motors, esc tbs and a tbs disco pro. Could it be because the weight? Should I check my radio config? This seems to be fine, 0%-100% for throttle. I have a turnigy 9xr and dragonlink rx.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Biribu View Post
    I have spent the last 6 months flying over the coast near my home. It is amazing but I have started to see that there are some rusty parts in my vtx, some pins seems to be a bit salt covered... TBS does great but I wonder if any day it will fall into the ocean. Is there anything I can spray or so to cover contacts and pcb?

Also, I changed batteries from zippy 4000 to sls 4000. the second ones are a bit bigger than the others but time flight is quite similar. The problem now is that my tbs can't fly as higher as I could with the previous batteries. I don't know if it is because the weight or because a limitation of my naza. But there is a moment in my throttle stick when the tbs doesn't climb more (about 75% or so). I have 900 kv motors, esc tbs and a tbs disco pro. Could it be because the weight? Should I check my radio config? This seems to be fine, 0%-100% for throttle. I have a turnigy 9xr and dragonlink rx.
    I cover all my main soldered connections with liquid electrical tape to keep all moisture out and smaller connection with silicone spray.

As far as your height problem, you probably have it programmed to only go to a preset height. go into the advanced settings and limits tab limits and increase your maximum height

heavier battery with a lower discharge rating maybe?
    flyin HIGH

Page 887 of 889 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889 LastLast