Page 886 of 887 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887 LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 8870

Thread: The TBS DISCOVERY PRO - brushless gimbal quadcopter

I was running t-motor 14x4.8. too much lift capability for too little weight made for a hard to tune and sometimes unstable quad. I could take most the jello out by trimming my throttle up on the radio, but in a hover was always climbing slightly. so I went to a 13x4.3 prop. I found the lower pitch prop flies more stable than the aggressiveness of a sharp pitch prop. I think the flatter prop is smoother running and the smaller 13" prop spins faster to hold up the same weight the 14" prop did thus removing jello completely eh
    flyin HIGH

good info Doobie.Anyone know if they still sell Top plates? Looks like I have some trace breaks in a top plate I bought from someone. Apparently not brand new. Anyways do they let you send stuff to them for repair or testing? I opened a ticket with them but still no response. suppose it is sunday after all maybe I should chillax now that I think about it.
    Taranis / EzUHF
    Penguin/RVOSD ; Disco/nazalite/ezosd; DiscoPro/nazav2/iosd
    All radio gear is ImmersionRC.

Navigator
    To keep this thread from dying - I still enjoy my Disco Pro.

Shame there never was an effort to improve the gimbals's horizon issue. Why was there never an upgrade to newer AlexMos firmware versions available? Did Scrooge McTrappy not want to pay any more royalty fees to Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by mha View Post
    To keep this thread from dying - I still enjoy my Disco Pro.

Shame there never was an effort to improve the gimbals's horizon issue. Why was there never an upgrade to newer AlexMos firmware versions available? Did Scrooge McTrappy not want to pay any more royalty fees to Alex?

Pretty sure Trappy is continually shelling coin at Alex like everyone else keen on the hobby.

Personally i have my Disco just about where i want it. Crossfire + pixhack setup. The only issue is the loss of hieght in horiz travel.

Hello

I will receive soon 4 T-motors 800Kv2 to fit T-MOTOR 11x3.7 propelers (i have extended arms the folding one from hobbyking).

what gain i can put with this setup arms + propelers ?

Navigator
    Was expecting a Disco Pro 2 this time of year...c'mon Trappy!

Hi! Maybe a bit offtopic, but still...

I'm playing with programming and math for estimating flight time based on motors thrust tables, AUW and equipment amp's drain.
    The goal is to choose best set of motor+props for Disco Pro with foldable hobbyking's arms. Seems that i'm restricted to 11" props, so I'm just feeding to the script thrust data of motors with 11" props.

Currently I do the following:
    1) feed the thrust data, which are usually sets of values for 50, 65, 75, 85, 100% throttle, interpolate values between those steps
    2) pass AUW with expected motor and battery
    3) pass amp's drained by other electronic equipment
    4) Calculate thrust per motor required for takeoff(hover?) as AUW/num_motors (4 obviously)
    5) Get interpolated amperage for thrust calculated before and multiply it on number of motors - so i get the ampers drained for hovering
    6) Divide battery capacity (*0.85) on value calculated above and convert it in minutes

So, for example with T-Motor 3508 700kV, 11x3.7CF props, AUW 2075g, LiPo 5200mAh 4S (Multistar, 475g) I get estimation of 15 minutes flight time (56% throttle for hover)
    And same setup with LiPo 8000mAh (705g) and AUW 2305g I get estimation of 20 minutes flight time (61% throttle for hover).

Which is only +2 minutes in both cases to estimation for current DJI e300 setup.

Could someone estimate how accurate those data might be based on algorithm I explained or some real data? I wasn't able to find flight times for similar setup on the net.
    And also I'm not sure if I'm using the right algorithm for those estimations, I would be very grateful if someone could point me out my mistakes.
    Last edited by SthPhoenix; 6th January 2017 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SthPhoenix View Post
    Hi! Maybe a bit offtopic, but still...

I'm playing with programming and math for estimating flight time based on motors thrust tables, AUW and equipment amp's drain.
    The goal is to choose best set of motor+props for Disco Pro with foldable hobbyking's arms. Seems that i'm restricted to 11" props, so I'm just feeding to the script thrust data of motors with 11" props.

Currently I do the following:
    1) feed the thrust data, which are usually sets of values for 50, 65, 75, 85, 100% throttle, interpolate values between those steps
    2) pass AUW with expected motor and battery
    3) pass amp's drained by other electronic equipment
    4) Calculate thrust per motor required for takeoff(hover?) as AUW/num_motors (4 obviously)
    5) Get interpolated amperage for thrust calculated before and multiply it on number of motors - so i get the ampers drained for hovering
    6) Divide battery capacity (*0.85) on value calculated above and convert it in minutes

So, for example with T-Motor 3508 700kV, 11x3.7CF props, AUW 2075g, LiPo 5200mAh 4S (Multistar, 475g) I get estimation of 15 minutes flight time (56% throttle for hover)
    And same setup with LiPo 8000mAh (705g) and AUW 2305g I get estimation of 20 minutes flight time (61% throttle for hover).

Which is only +2 minutes in both cases to estimation for current DJI e300 setup.

Could someone estimate how accurate those data might be based on algorithm I explained or some real data? I wasn't able to find flight times for similar setup on the net.
    And also I'm not sure if I'm using the right algorithm for those estimations, I would be very grateful if someone could point me out my mistakes.
    I'm terrible at calculations (and lazy) so I just use ecalc.com. It's not 100% accurate, but usually quite close

Quote Originally Posted by RENOV8R View Post
    I'm terrible at calculations (and lazy) so I just use ecalc.com. It's not 100% accurate, but usually quite close
    I know about eCalc, but it's free version won't provide motors I need ) And also it's just interesting to understand the underlying math )

P.S. (added later) It's seems from my script and eCalc estimations for 11x3.7 props and AUW in range 1800-2500 best motor is 3110 780kV, could anyone confirm?
    Last edited by SthPhoenix; 6th January 2017 at 07:01 PM.

Hey guys,

Some time ago I saw someone post here a 3D-printed swing-to-open battery clamp that replaces the Velcro bands for fixing the Discovery (Pro/Standard) quad battery. It seemed very cool at the time but unfortunately I lost track of it and however I searched, could not find any reference to it. If someone has any pointers, could you please post so I could purchase and/or have the parts 3D printed from file? Many thanks.

Page 886 of 887 FirstFirst ... 386786836876884885886887 LastLast