FPVLAB

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: LETS TALK CHARGERS

When I was flying helies a lot more I built a charger station and put 2 iChargers, one. 306 and one a 310. I have never charged over a 6 cell battery on the 310 however. These guys extremely flexible and I parallel charge etc. everything from tiny single cell batteries up to big 6 cell batteries for my Compass. I bought 2 separate chargers as cost. It that much different than a dual and one can fail leaving me with a working charger still. Point is buy more than what you think you might need as it pays in long run.

Navigator
    That was my thinking when i picked up the I406Duo. Most of my batteries at the time could only handle 16-Amps or so. In terms of parallel charging ive been tempted to charge that way but have always been afraid of one battery failing causing the whole set to fail, Do you use a "Safe" Parallel charge board? Or just parallel charge cables? In terms of having a charger if ones fails that is definitely something to consider. However having had a charge cable connector fall apart and short, Had to send my charger back to ProgressiveRC. Only took 3-4 days to get it back fixed up and ready to rock. So even if the unthinkable happens and a charger breaks they have nice support behind them to keep your FPV downtime to a minimum.

LETS TALK CHARGERS

Have and use both. Am down to only 3 types of primary leads and big guys go on a paraboard like http://www.buddyrc.com/charging-syst...aboard-v3.html, I use bundled cables from Buddy RC for the other sets. I have had more than one misconnection but balance wire burns out fast. The charger shut down on a main lead misconduct only one time!!! The two chargers going fine still.

Navigator
    Have you ever had a fuse blow on the parallel boards?

Have not. Had big arch and created a burnt spot but the charger shut down before fuse blew. Not sure that is good at all, but is what happened.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920