Click Here To Visit REALFpv!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 400Q Specific Baseflight firmware for Naze32

400Q Specific Baseflight firmware for Naze32

I will post specific Baseflight.hex for normal and 3D operation when the frame is used with CHATCH motors - MT2216 1100kv. This is for Naze32 controller board offered by Abusemark.

The flat arm frame has a very fast oscillation at full throttle that stems from a huge amount of power difference between hover and full throttle. One single PID setting is not enough to control both "normal" flight and full throttle climbs.

You can tune it out but it is either very hard or results in too watered down PID for "normal flight"

3D operation: TPA applies on top 10% and bottom 10% of throttle curve. You can set TPA in both multiwii GUI or CLI

Standard operation: TPA applies on top X percent of throttle curve, as specified by TPABREAKPOINT.

This allows locked in performance over the entire throttle curve without side effects. I'll be testing it more and posting the files in a few days.
    Last edited by chatch; 19th November 2013 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Normal operation:

In CLI:
    dynThrPID: TPA setting from multiwii GUI
    TPABREAKPOINT: percent at which TPA engages. for example, if it is 90, TPA engages at 90% throttle.

http://REALfpv.com/%5Cdropbox%5Cmisc...breakpoint.rar

Last edited by chatch; 23rd May 2013 at 03:24 AM.

Navigator
    I'd like to see your code and try to implement something similar in AeroQuad. Haven't fully tuned my setup yet (waiting on 4S batts and lower kV motors) but even with 3S I've noticed full throttle results in some oscillations I just can't get rid of.

Do you use separate PIDs for it or just dumb down the PIDs with some scaling factor?
    push the envelope, watch it bend
    if you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

it's just a linear proportion, but i could put in expo if it's needed.

k, special firmware request. I've been trying for hours to get my bluetooth to not send crap at startup. No success, I assume this is putting the Naze into bootloader mode.

I also spent some time trying to compile myself, and I havent given up, but as usual nothing matches the rare documentation. It probably will take another week or two to get it to compile (I love open source).

Any chance you could change 1 line for me?

in serial.c, line 642, make it look for something rare, like maybe a ^ instead of an R please?

any other suggestions, as to how to make the bluetooth adapter not spew garbage, or how to setup a compile environment welcome.

Finding any documentation is luck. So I found some that may be remotely similar, sigh, but I'm afraid my rs-232 hardware collection was disposed of years ago. So far unsuccessful trying to wire it up, to try AT commands that may or may not work.

Navigator
    Here is an older page about compiling arm stuff. Might help you.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=740

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    Here is an older page ....[/url]
    Oh yeah, been through a couple of those, including that one. While helpful, they are put together at a point in time and never maintained. So for example if you started today, with for example a windows 8 machine, you wouldn't get far (code sourcery will not even try to run on windows 8).

So I started putting together a ubuntu/linux virtual machine, but the directions are for windows. I will probably give up on that soon, and move to a windows 7 laptop. In the meantime, someone who already has it setup could change a line of code, hit compile and be done. But I do suspect there are only 2 maybe 3 people in the world with the tool chain setup ready to go.

Even better would be if I could understand how to modify the radio (bluetooth). My first attempt at hooking it up via a usb to serial cable failed. Not sure if it was the rs-232 jumpering as I do not have an unused female plug. But even then I have never identified any definitive manual on the rc timer bluetooth and what AT commands it accepts, to turn off the chatter at startup, or if it is even possible.

Plus there are a few UI things I would like to tweak in the firmware. For example when you do a calibration after initialization, there is no indication, that I have seen, that it happened. A simple beep beep might be nice. My quad wihout legs, is usually plugged in cockeyed (plug on the bottom) and I have to calibrate before take off. My only indication it worked is if it crashes or not. So I will pursue getting the firmware compile to work, but I bet it will be a while.

Put win7 or XP in VMware

Co-Pilot
    So besides resetting my "mode" switches and throttle cutoff, I just replace my current baseflight hex file with this one?
    Poke it with a fork.. done...

yep that's all you do. I'm waiting for things to settle down with the new PID algos on mw forums before doing any more to the code. http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3671