I need to do the ski goggles mod because of two reasons:
1. Light from outside is driving me nuts. Right now I fly with a ski cap over my face.
2. The two screens are too close together for me, I need to separate them by a few millimeters to fit my eye-distance.
But I didn't find any how-to's or step-by-step-images on the forums!
This is how far I have come today:
Can anyone give me some tips on how to cut the cinemizer in half and fit the screens into the ski goggles screen?
- Do you keep both layers of the ski goggles screen or use only the front "glass"?
- How can the screens be fitted precisely? Then user hot glue all around the cinemizer?
- Do you spray the whole front with black paint?
- Is there a "best practice" on how to attach the battery box to the headband?
- Should the video-cable be soldered into the battery box or just leave the plug as is?
Some advice would be useful!
Thanks a lot!