Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Discovery NAZA´s best Gains

you can't pull full throttle on any quad, I'd limit the stick movements programatically on the RC TX

Navigator
    what!? for real?
    what do i limit it to?
    guess this explains why it doesnt want to keep upright then....
    never heard of it before...?

I'd limit it to about 85-90%. it's obvious ... if you run on WOT then the motors can only regulate LESS to counter-balance any kind of movement. this isn't enough to keep the quad upright, since you're already limiting the amount it is allowed to go less due to the high throttle position. this in effect means the quad tilts to the side where the motor is strongest, even a very small variation can give you this tilt or roll effect.

Navigator
    Well, the logic is quite clearly there!
    i assumed, wrongfully that the software always had a little boost left for stabilizing, even under full throttle.
    Will restrict the throttle channel a few percent, and pretty sure that will do the trick.
    Thank you for the reply!
    this is the big positive red fluffy bunnyrabbit thing with forums. always someone who knows exactly what you dont!

It can still stabilize it, even at full throttle. It just won't do it very well. It's even worse on quads that aren't symmetrical. I've found that my F550 hex is more stable at full throttle than my quadcopters, probably because it has more to work with to keep it stable.

Pilot
    I'm assuming I need to play with the gains a little since my Discovery likes to wobble while yawing left or right at nearly full stick while in a hover. Also what does lowering your gains do? just make the quad less stable and depending on the gains smoother to fly?

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by TZZDC1241 View Post
    I'm assuming I need to play with the gains a little since my Discovery likes to wobble while yawing left or right at nearly full stick while in a hover. Also what does lowering your gains do? just make the quad less stable and depending on the gains smoother to fly?
    I have the same problem but I think I'm moving the throttle when yawning left or right.

What do I need to change if my Disco wobbles on the descends? Is it the Naza gains or something else? I am using the Graupner 9x5.
    Best FPV vid so far: youtu.be/E3VMtzs6X6Y
    Yacht: missing (I’ve already spent all my money on FPV)

Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    Dont know how its possible to use this gains: Trappy's DJI NASA 900KV 9x5 4S3300mAh settings - 166/135/131/179 and 188/176

I have the same setup and 2 other guys too, and if you use more than 150 throttle with the 900kV and SimonK ESCs the copter wobbles as hell during ascend.

My setup: Dji Naza 900kV SimonK ESC 9x5 4S3600mAh settings - 135/125/120/160 and 140/130 and it flys fast and smooth without wobbles
    Just wanted to note I tested Hover's 135/125/120/160 and 140/130 gains on 900KV 9x5 4S3300mAh all-TBS Disco build today and I can report that it was a smooth ride -- was much smoother than the the previous gains I had been using @ 166/135/131/179 and 188/176. However, it was fairly windy today so I'll try some more aggressive flying to see how it holds up...

Navigator

Gains for TBS Disco without Cam and FPV gear

Hi,
    Because I'm new to even flying, I decided to start without any FPV gear and Cam.
    Got 9x5 props and TBS 4s 4.500mAh lipo @ 900kv motors.

Now my quad is very unstable in the air (loses altitude on rolls etc), atm im running gains from http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/index.php/TBS_Discovery_setup
    Trappy's DJI NAZA 900KV 9x5 4S4500mAh settings - 166/135/131/179 and 188/176.

Any thoughts or better gains for me to get a more stable quad ?
    Again, its very tailheavy!

Fabian