Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 203

Thread: TBS Discovery NAZA´s best Gains

  1. #11
    Navigator hover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    528
    Dont know how its possible to use this gains: Trappy's DJI NASA 900KV 9x5 4S3300mAh settings - 166/135/131/179 and 188/176

    I have the same setup and 2 other guys too, and if you use more than 150 throttle with the 900kV and SimonK ESCs the copter wobbles as hell during ascend.

    My setup: Dji Naza 900kV SimonK ESC 9x5 4S3600mAh settings - 135/125/120/160 and 140/130 and it flys fast and smooth without wobbles

  2. #12
    Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    Dont know how its possible to use this gains: Trappy's DJI NASA 900KV 9x5 4S3300mAh settings - 166/135/131/179 and 188/176

    I have the same setup and 2 other guys too, and if you use more than 150 throttle with the 900kV and SimonK ESCs the copter wobbles as hell during ascend.

    My setup: Dji Naza 900kV SimonK ESC 9x5 4S3600mAh settings - 135/125/120/160 and 140/130 and it flys fast and smooth without wobbles
    Flys good with those gains you have?

  3. #13
    Navigator hover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by JG-rn View Post
    Flys good with those gains you have?
    Flys perfect, check out this video:

    But 135 is the maximum i can usw. If I go to 140 to wobbles the hell out of the copter during ascend and descend but flys good without climbing.
    Last edited by hover; 23rd February 2013 at 12:44 PM.

  4. #14
    Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by hover View Post
    Flys perfect, check out this video:

    But 135 is the maximum i can usw. If I go to 140 to wobbles the hell out of the copter during ascend and descend but flys good without climbing.
    Looks great. I have the same config as you so I'm just gonna start with your naza settings and see how it flys.

    I see a lot of people either go low on the Atti gains, 80's on both, or go high like 140+

  5. #15
    Co-Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    46835
    Posts
    1,838
    has anyone used the "remote gain adjustment" feature of the NAZA? and how did it go?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JG-rn View Post
    Bluebird1500,

    How do you like those gains on your disco? Are you using the simonk esc's?
    Yes JG-rn, i use TBS simonk ESCs, and now use this gains 155/125/120/165 and 145/135 and the Disco fly mutch better !!

  7. #17
    Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Flew the disco for the first time yesterday. Using 135/125/120/160 and 140/130.

    Everything felt good except for the yaw. I can't tell if its the gains or me. When I yaw, the disco gets jumpy...doesn't yaw smoothly. I'm not sure though that I'm not throttling up when I try move the stick left and right. When I do it slowly, it yaws nice, but if I try and do a fast yaw all the way to the left or right the disco bounces. I may be moving the throttle accidentally.

  8. #18
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    121
    I tried it today!
    worked like a charm, flew a couple of dives and ascends with hard turning and twisted the knob i had set to roll gains until it was stable.
    Only thing left now is that my quad wants to flip to any random side when i have full throttle. but no wobbling anymore.
    Suppose none of you know why?

  9. #19
    Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjatriks View Post
    I tried it today!
    worked like a charm, flew a couple of dives and ascends with hard turning and twisted the knob i had set to roll gains until it was stable.
    Only thing left now is that my quad wants to flip to any random side when i have full throttle. but no wobbling anymore.
    Suppose none of you know why?
    What worked like a charm?

  10. #20
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Narvik, Norway
    Posts
    121
    I tried to reply to RandallJs post if anyone had tried the remote adjustment of gains. Guess it didnt work so well.

Similar Threads

  1. TBS Discovery NAZA-M: Can't arm the motors.
    By fraje in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 28th March 2016, 11:21 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21st July 2014, 05:34 PM
  3. Are Helical Antennas Obsolete for gains < 10dBi?
    By Hucker in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 10th June 2013, 02:24 PM
  4. Discovery Naza with TSLRS poor range check
    By Iceman in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10th March 2013, 09:55 PM
  5. Can't get CC3D gains high enough
    By FPVdude in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st January 2013, 10:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •