+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: TEXANS! Call your reps today! Tell them NO on bill HB 912!

Navigator

TEXANS! Call your reps today! Tell them NO on bill HB 912!

Lance Gooden, is attempting to pass legislation that will make it a crime to fly unmanned aerial vehicles and record video.

For a good overview, check out this link: http://www.texastribune.org/2013/02/...vate-property/

And the actual bill is available here: http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLoo...83R&Bill=HB912

Gooden's House Bill 912, which is being sponsored in the Senate by John Whitmire, D-Houston and chairman of the Criminal Justice Committee, would make it a Class C misdemeanor to use an “unmanned vehicle or aircraft” to capture video or photographs of private property without the consent of the property’s owner or occupant. It would be an additional penalty to possess, display or distribute an image or video captured by an illegally operating drone.

The bill provides exceptions for law enforcement authorities, as long as they have a search or arrest warrant and are in immediate pursuit of a suspect. It also does not apply to property within 25 miles of the U.S. border with Mexico, where drones are used to enhance border security.

“It will be a greater burden on the hobbyists, but I think that’s okay,” Gooden said. “If you’re asking me to choose between my right to privacy and a hobbyist’s right to take pictures from the sky, my privacy comes first.”
    Contact your representative and tell them to vote NO on HB 912!!!

You can find your representative here: http://www.house.state.tx.us/members...epresentative/

Oh, and he thinks property owners should be able to shoot down your vehicles as well. What?!

You could face up to a $1,000 fine PER IMAGE.
    Call or write your representative today!

Phone calls and letters work much better than emails!

CALL QUICKLY, THIS BILL IS GOING IN THIS WEEK!!!
    Last edited by gaahrdner; 4th February 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Co-Pilot
    The state of Oklahoma is looking at this now.. The elected official that brought it up also brought along a pair videos shot by a members here as reason to "why" it is needed..

My insider saw said video and it was disturbing from a law enforcement stand point..

Sited was the issue of privacy and the other was of some "vigilante style" remedy being sought by one of the people on the ground..

Time to do 10 good things with aerial drones now....

now, shoot the messenger..
    Last edited by RandallJ; 4th February 2013 at 12:12 PM.

26, 000, 000 bucks gor a 15 min video... haha
    BAM!

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
    26, 000, 000 bucks gor a 15 min video... haha
    what if I am shooting at 720/60fps? ouch...

i keep telling yall. just circle the whitehouse a few times and get it all over with at once.
    just like ripping a bandaid!

This bill is interesting... it is specific to Unmanned. This makes it perfectly legitimate to fly over with a Cessna or helicopter and take as many pictures or videos as you want?
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
    i keep telling yall. just circle the whitehouse a few times and get it all over with at once.
    just like ripping a bandaid!

That put a smile on my face this morning! LOL

I figure I'd better fly all the places that I've been wanting too before it's over.
    KF7TRU, youtube.com/user/wildwill1970/videos, Skywalker 1680mm, RMRC 400mW 1280mhz vTx, Dragonlink V1, MFD ATT, Crosshair GSA 1280mhz

i cant wait until scott beason's ignorant ass self introduces one in 'bama.
    itll happen. oh yes.

This if nucking futz. This country is absolutely insane...

Co-Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4ppy View Post
    This if nucking futz. This country is absolutely insane...
    NAW... just the same group that thinks one guy has too much money and needs to give it away to those that dont or it is perfectly ok to tax one guy 65% and another 0% on income.... (can you tell I did my taxes last night?)

Have been pretty surprised at the number of people I have met here that are perfectly ok with redistribution of wealth and then have a cow when it costs them "a" freedom.. there are no free rides.. friggen nanny state...

When you live in your parents house and they provide all your needs, you are stuck with their rules... What amazes me on this one is that it is in Texas.. one of the "least" govt states in the country..

I can empathize with the privacy issue all the same .. But I have faith in Texans to blow this out of the water and down the road...

+ Reply to Thread