+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV PILOT TRAINING CENTER - YOUR ROAD TO FPV SUCCESS

The camera that you've posted require 12V, not 5V. So you don't need UBEC for powering it, you can power it straight from 3S lipo. But your VTX LawMate needs 5V. So you can power it from ESC or UBEC, depends on how much current you have left there.

Navigator
    Hi guys,

I had a problem with an 8dbi patch on 2.4 (you can see the problem here: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....agnose-problem). Someone suggested to test for continuity. Now for me very noob question: how do I check the patch for continuity? Should I measure ohms in the sma connector? What reading should I get?

Just posting this for future reference:

View this video on YouTube

That said, if you have a park flyer radio (like a DX6i) that is not suitable for FPV either.
    The DX6i is a full range 2.4ghz system, not a park flyer transmitter like the DX6 or DX5

Quote Originally Posted by siterack_net View Post
    The DX6i is a full range 2.4ghz system, not a park flyer transmitter like the DX6 or DX5
    As stated - the stock dx6i is still not considered suitable for reliable fpv.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Its not suitable for much of anything. IMO

As stated - the stock dx6i is still not considered suitable for reliable fpv.
    That would also disqualify the dx7 (older dx6i) and dx8(newer dsmx dx6i) as they share the same radio transmission gear.
    The only difference is the crappy AR6000 the DX6i comes bundled with.

What would be the other reason the DX6i wouldn't cut it? Not being a smart-a$$; just trying to learn, as I am building my first rig, and I was planning to use my DX6i with an AR7000 receiver. Either that or my old 72mhz Futaba 6EX with the stock ppm receiver.

I'm not planning any super long range stuff, just FPV around my flying club. I wouldn't use 2.4ghz anything for long range flights, in my area, as we are surrounded by wifi routers.
    Last edited by siterack_net; 24th August 2012 at 08:22 PM.

For FPV anything labelled Spektrum = parkflyer range
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by siterack_net View Post
    That would also disqualify the dx7 (older dx6i) and dx8(newer dsmx dx6i) as they share the same radio transmission gear.
    The only difference is the crappy AR6000 the DX6i comes bundled with.

What would be the other reason the DX6i wouldn't cut it? Not being a smart-a$$; just trying to learn, as I am building my first rig, and I was planning to use my DX6i with an AR7000 receiver. Either that or my old 72mhz Futaba 6EX with the stock ppm receiver.

I'm not planning any super long range stuff, just FPV around my flying club. I wouldn't use 2.4ghz anything for long range flights, in my area, as we are surrounded by wifi routers.
    Despite their frequency hopping nature they still suffer more than their share of lockouts and wreck planes.

Question Range Question

Yep, I'm the new guy and I'm done collecting all my FPV parts and will start installing this weekend. I'm confident of my set up, BUT, What I need to know is what is my safe range (line of sight) for my Specktrum TX /RX set up with 2.4 ghz and two sat. receivers? If my 5.8 ghz FPV system has a longer range I could get myself in real trouble. Any input would be great.

Mike D.

+ Reply to Thread