PDA

View Full Version : Head Tracker Radio Support. List of supported radio and instructions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FatShark
17th July 2012, 10:34 PM
General requirement for radio to support head tracking: Your RC radio must be able to selectively assign trainer functions for the higher channels (ch5-8) in order to work. Many radios can do selective assignment but only on the 4 primary controls. Read your RC radio manual 1st before requesting support for your radio.

Known Supported radios:
- ezUHF (note ezUHF supports HT independently from the radio used, if your radio does not support HT, then can add HT via ezUHF
- Futaba: in general Futaba 7 series radios and above support the HT
- Futaba T8FG (see post #123)
- Futaba 8j
- Futaba 10C
- Futaba 10cg
- Futuba T12FG (2S may trigger headset low voltage alarm)
- Futaba 14mZ (must be in 8ch mode - see setup notes in thread)
- Futaba T14SG (must be in 8ch mode and trainer switch assigned - pg 18th this thread).
- Graupner MX-12 (ch 5 and 6 only - will not support roll axis)
- FRSKY Taranis (must be setup via mixing PPM(x) as source to channel - see post #465)
- Graupner MX-16
- Turnigy 9X/ FlySky THB9
- Spektrum DX7s (latest f/w with programmable master function in the trainer menu)
- Spektrum DX8
- Spektrum DX10t
- Walkera DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S

Unsupported radios:
- Hitec Aurora9
- Spectrum DX6i
- Spectrum DX7 (I've heard recent software can support this, please update if true
- Futaba 6EX
- Futaba 6J
- Futaba 7uap
- WFly 8
- Sanwa RD8000
- Sanwa RD6000
- Multiplex Cockpit SX
- Walkera radios other than DEVO-F4/F7, DEVO-6/7/7E/8S/10/12S
- Turnigy 9XR (seems to work through 3.5mm data port but due to number of problems support is no longer provided for this radio)*

Currently under investigation - please post experience
- Futaba 18MZ
- Specktrum SPM2800

Notes about this thread: I want to keep this thread as concise and clear as possible so that information will be easy to find. When new, useful information is posted in the thread I will incorporate it into the relevant primary or secondary threads and delete the original.

If anyone is using a radio not listed here and has information whether the head tracking is supported or not, please post for everyone's benefit.

Data cable specification attached. WARNING TO ANYONE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE YOUR OWN CABLE: The HT PCB can be easily damaged by accidentally applying voltage to the PPM line or vise versa, damage your radio. Fat Shark will not warranty any damage due to modified cables. Cables are inexpensive and in stock at most retailers.

*WARNING* Fat Shark has discontinued support for the Turnigy 9XR radio, particularly the Futaba port modification. There has been a cascading number of reports of users incorrectly modding the radio and frying the head tracker. Do not attempt this modification, a fried head tracker will not be covered by warranty.

FatShark
17th July 2012, 10:39 PM
Setup
To enter the setup menu, hold down the head tracker button before applying power to the headset (release button immediately after powering). The head tracker will beep and enter menu mode and beep according to the following chart. Press the HT button a 2nd time during the pause after the menu choice beep code to select. Head tracker will automatically exit menu after a selection has been made and begin operating.

Beep code Mode
1 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 5/6 (factory default)
2 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 5/7
3 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 5/8
4 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 6/7
5 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 6/8
6 short beep Pan/tilt on CH 7/8
1 long beep Adjust servo center point*
1 short beep Reverses pan servo direction
2 short beep Reverses tilt servo direction
3 short beep Auto correction passive
4 short beep Auto correction in normal mode (default, recommended)
2 long beep No selection made, automatically exits menu

Head Tracker Operation
- Head tracker will automatically start tracking upon powering up headset. - Look forward and level then press the Head Tracker button to center (note, on 1st press HT may drift off momentarily during calibration cycle, hold head steady until camera returns to center).
- Repressing the HT button during use re-centers the camera position.
- External interference (from RC controller, other devices, indoors or next to a car) may temporarily cause errant readings in the magnetic sensor and cause drift. If error between camera and direction your head occurs, hold your head steady in one position and head tracker will autocorrect to that position. After auto correction, continue to use normally. For best performance, use HT away from objects/products that may disrupt the magnetic field
Head Tracker Center Hold Function
To pause and hold head tracker in center position; hold down the HT button for 2 seconds (2 seconds to pause – single beep, 2 seconds to reactivate – double beep).

Auto disengage function: M.I.G. V4 has a unique safety feature added: the head tracker will automatically disengage (enter pause mode) and return camera to center position if the head tracker exceeds 90 degrees of movement (90 degrees is beyond normal use). This allows the user to quickly deactivate the head tracker in a panic situation (turn head 90 degrees). Also useful for when removing the headset as the motion will disengage the HT

FatShark
17th July 2012, 10:43 PM
- Enter TRAINER menu and assign desired head tracking channels to FUNC (must be set on FUNC). Default is CH 5//6.
- Individual servo direction can be set in REVERSE menu

Note: trainer toggle must be enabled. toggle is spring actuated and needs to be held in place (personally I put a piece of plastic in the gap behind the switch to hold it on - others use elastic bands).

FatShark
17th July 2012, 10:44 PM
Note: The Turnigy 9X radio requires the (Cab RC 009) PS/2 to 3.5mm data cable accessory.
If you have made your own cable and can't get the head tracking to work, start your troubleshooting with the home made cable.

1) Turn everything off, remove the Headset plug from the back of the radio (leave PS/2 plug inserted to bottom of headset).
2) Turn on radio and set trainer STATE to INH and ch5, ch6 to NOR
3) Hit the MENU button to exit (don't press the EXIT button or the settings won't be saved)
4) exit the menu and enter the DISPLAY (servo test screen). At this point all the bars will be blank
5) The HT switch is spring loaded so grab some elastic bands, tape or velcro and hold the spring loaded toggle switch in the on position.
5) Power the goggles with the battery
6) Connect the trainer pin to the Radio
7) Move the goggles around a whole bunch to trigger the auto disengage (2 beeps).
8) Place the goggles down gently on the table in front of you
9) Press and hold the HT reset button until you hear the single beep that indicates the HT is in active mode
10) gently move the goggles without excessive motion - you can see the servo bars tracking the headset.

* Adjusting the servo center point: Due to the design of servos, the native center point may vary from servo to servo. The Turnigy 9X cannot compensate so the center offset must be adjusted in HT menu as follows:
- Set pan tilt brackets onto servo spur as close to center as possible.
- Enter HT menu (described above)
- On 1 long beep, press HT button
- Head tracker will now be active and can control pan tilt. Aim camera in desired center position and re-press HT button.
- Headset will beep 2X to confirm adjusted center offset
- Disconnect battery and restart before using.
Note: center offset is limited to +/- 20 degrees (thus the necessity to setup servos as close to center as possible before adjusting). If there is no 2X beep after confirming offset, the offset adjust was unsuccessful.

Patrick's Contribution:

Ok , first thing is you want to put the HT back to stock settings .
Hold the rocker switch down and plug in the battery to the goggles (release rocker switch straight away)
Have the Trinity menu in front of you and follow the beeps through the menu till you hear 6 short beeps. quick press the rocker switch to confirm ..it should beep to confirm.
Turn off goggles for now.

Next .. Radio , you really want it in Airplane mode , so there are no unwanted helicopter mixes going on to stuff things up.
Once you change it to Airplane mode then you can set up like this.
BTW you don't need the rubber-bands to hold the trainer switch at all doing it this way.

1) Turn everything off, remove the Headset plug from the back of the radio (leave PS/2 plug inserted to bottom of headset).
2) Turn on radio and set trainer STATE to INH and ch5(gyro), ch6(flap) to NOR.
AIL,ELE,THR,RUD, should all be off.
3) Hit the MENU button to exit (don't press the EXIT button or the settings won't be saved)
4) exit the menu and enter the DISPLAY (servo test screen). At this point all the bars will be blank
5) plug your Pan and Tilt servos into the corresponding socket on you RC Receiver (pan is ch5 , tilt is ch6 )
6) Power the goggles with the battery.
7) Connect the trainer pin to the Radio.
8) Trinity HT starts up in pause mode , so now you need to turn it on, hold the rocker switch down till it beeps , activating the HT.
9) gently move the goggles without excessive motion - you can see the servo bars tracking the headset and your pan/tilt mount should be moving too.
10) if the motion is back to front , you need to change it in the HT menu in the goggles following the Trinity HT manual to correct directions.

Hope this helps , and this is the exact set-up I use in mine (same radio and goggles with Trinity , so I know it works )

Cheers
Patrick

FatShark
17th July 2012, 10:50 PM
- Enter trainer setup menu of your DX8.
- Turn on holding the roller and go to the trainer menu, click.
- Then you may see that it is "inhibited" so select that and change to "Programmable Master".
- Set THR, AIL, ELE, RUD to master
- Set GER (ch5), AX1 (ch6) to slave
- Activate the trainer switch
- plug pan/tilt servos in ch5/ch6
- Connect cable from headset to slave plug under the DX8.

desmundchua
18th August 2012, 06:42 AM
I bought the predator last month and try to set up the head tracking, I am follow the instruction that stated in the menu( also in this forum) but nothing function. I am using futaba 10chg. Can you please provide me some solution of this .

Thanks,

FatShark
29th August 2012, 10:03 PM
Confirmed that head tracker works fine on Futaba 10chg. Make sure your trainer switch is being held in position.

FatShark
30th August 2012, 10:07 PM
The radio needs to be in 8ch Mode, not 12ch Mode. The MIG head tracker adds the 2 HT channels and feeds back a 8Ch signal to the radio. It is also expecting a <9ch signal.

And for some reason only works in TRAINER mode, not FUNC mode.

quickpix
4th September 2012, 09:38 PM
I purchased the head tracker board for my Predator and installed it today. After a lot of work I got the pan and tilt to work - it is jerky though?
The tilt is up and down correctly however the pan is backwards. I tried reversing the servo and that does nothing. I tried the beep thing and it does nothing.
HELP please
Dick

FatShark
4th September 2012, 09:49 PM
Why did you purchase and install the HT module for the Predator? The Predator comes with the HT pre-installed.
What RC radio are you using?

quadframe
30th September 2012, 01:12 AM
Hi Guys,
I have New Dominators with headtracker, they looks great.

I am trying to connect headtracker to the Graupner MX-20 Radio, have no idea what cable to use. propably I am going to make my own like JR/Spektrum cable.
Here is a link to the radio manual:
http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/files/33124_mx20_Manuals.zip

FatShark
3rd October 2012, 02:57 AM
On Pg 198 of the Graupner manual you can find the necessary settings. Pupil should be set for ch1, 2, 3, 4 and Teach to 5,6 (assuming default HT setting of ch5/6). Then you have to assign a switch for transferring control (in this case, partial control). Since you are assigning control of 5/6 to the HT, pick a switch that doesn't have the spring loaded momentary control so you can leave it on.
I see an additional potential issue similar to what happens with the Futaba 14mz and that is your radio is 12 channel and the HT is 8 channel. You need to set the radio into 8ch mode. I can't see from the manual how or even whether this can be done. Maybe you can do a bit of research to figure out how to get the radio into 8ch mode and post your findings here.

Zangetsu57
7th October 2012, 05:08 PM
looks like you have the V2 firmware. it performs a lot better with V4. You can contact your retailer to arrange an exchange to V4 for an upgrade fee or if you want to avoid the fee, you can return your goggle through your retailer and have the goggles forwarded back to the factory for upgrade.

Is the difference between V2 and V4 purely firmware? Is there an easy way for me to update it myself without having to send the goggles in? Or, can the HT, assuming it is a separate module, be removed and sent to you for updating, so I don't lose the goggles for several weeks? Thank you for your consideration!

FatShark
9th October 2012, 01:23 AM
Only difference is firmware. The f/w is controlled so it can't be released for reprogramming yourself but yes, your HT can be removed and sent in for upgrading. Contact Fat Shark service.

KentF
16th October 2012, 12:32 PM
I just received my M.I.G. Headtracker V4 and was going to try and set the center points however, in setup, mine never does 7 short beeps. It goes straight from 6 short beeps to 1 long beep. It doesn't seem to perform as the instructions show. Can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kent

FatShark
16th October 2012, 01:03 PM
That's correct for the V4 f/w. please see latest menu navigation on 1st page of this thread.

mecevans
21st October 2012, 11:35 PM
Hitec optic 6. You need the hobbyking ppm signal injector. Should work with flash, lazer and other radios. The included fatshark cable didnt have power/ground on black/red like i expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPX-fttY3d8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/mecevans/a4705707-111-conection.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/mecevans/2012-10-20_12-53-02_179.jpg

fstclyz
7th November 2012, 07:48 PM
How do you setup/program this newest HT module with the EZuhf? I'm using an EZuhf via the trainer port on the Dx8 and am interested in this HT so long as all the issues have been fixed. I don't want the camera wondering or misc. glitches. Thx

FatShark
7th November 2012, 08:37 PM
plug straight into the ezUHF HT port and open up the ezUHF tools to map the HT channels.

gauravag
9th November 2012, 04:13 AM
I got the new Fatshark AttitudeSD and was wanting to use it with Futaba 8FG and TSLRS. Was wondeirng if the following would work ?

Head Tracker PPM Out connected to Futaba PPM IN via the trainer port
Futaba PPM Out connected to TSLRS PPM In again via the Trainer port .

HT>Futaba>TSLRS

Or should it be :
Futaba>HT>TSLRS ?

Please help ! I would prefer the former, as it would keep the main control PPM within the Tx.

davidp
16th November 2012, 02:13 PM
I juat got my new FatShark Googles with 5.8 receiver and the optional HT module. I have the HT module installed correctly but pressing the HT button does not beep. I'm using a Futaba T9CAP. The Channel buttons beep, the Volume and HT buttons don't. The radio does power the goggles from the training port. Everything seems ok except the head tracker. Do I need to replace that module? The products came from HK so I'll probably just end up buying a second HT module if that is necessary.

KentF
16th November 2012, 02:22 PM
I know with my Futaba 10C I had to set the goggles to use channels 5 and 6, then on the transmitter config in the training menu, set channels 5 and 6 to "Func", then you have to hold the training switch ON so that it accepts the signal from the training port.

FatShark
17th November 2012, 10:11 PM
I juat got my new FatShark Googles with 5.8 receiver and the optional HT module. I have the HT module installed correctly but pressing the HT button does not beep. I'm using a Futaba T9CAP. The Channel buttons beep, the Volume and HT buttons don't. The radio does power the goggles from the training port. Everything seems ok except the head tracker. Do I need to replace that module? The products came from HK so I'll probably just end up buying a second HT module if that is necessary.

The HT won't beep when pressing the HT reset button. Are you able to enter the menu and hear the menu navigation beep sounds (hold HT button while connecting power).
If that doesn't work, try re-inserting the module. Its easy for the beeper pins to not align to the socked (2 pins on the front).

davidp
19th November 2012, 10:06 AM
No beeps when trying to change HT settings, either. I've resocketed the board numerous time by now. I'll check it under the microscope at work tomorrow, too. Just a thought, do I need the "Training" Switch engaged when setting HT settings with navagation beeps? I'm going to order another board today I guess.

FatShark
20th November 2012, 02:41 AM
Trainer switch doesn't matter. You can enter the navigation menu without the headset attached to anything. Sorry you have to shell out for another board to test but its probably the fastest way to troubleshoot. Just make sure you buy from a vendor that will make it easy to return one of them.

stevo6739615
24th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Hello All,

I have a question, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate any comments or advice. Can I use the three pins of the head tracker module to connect my Range link lrs to my head tracker instead of using the 3.5 jack? Or do I have to modify the cable of the 3.5 jack?

Thanks,

Steve S. Naples, Florida

stevo6739615
24th November 2012, 08:46 PM
Oooopppsss,

I don't think I explained it well enough, please forgive me, with the three pins I mean the pins that hook up the headtracker module to the Vtx in the aircraft if you are not running the headtracker thru your rc radio. I would like to be able to do that instead of hacking into the 3.5 jack cable instead. I hope that makes it a little clearer what I am trying to do and what I am asking.

Thanks again,

Steve S.

FatShark
26th November 2012, 03:21 AM
Hi Steve,
Is this using the Teleporter wireless dongle? Either way you need to tap the PPM line and GND line from the cable. The 3 pins on the dongle are single channel and can only drive a single servo. Any RC radio with trainer channel input or LRS with trainer will be expecting an 8ch PPM stream - which only comes from the 4p DIN connector.

teopbako
26th November 2012, 03:33 AM
One more question:
Why when pan/tilt servos are assigned to a pot they move further than when connected to the HT?
And if the HT is supposed to move 180 degrees servos will it travel the full length?
I know those are two questions!!
Cheers,
Theo

davidp
26th November 2012, 11:37 AM
Update, I got a second HT board Saturday and it works just fine, which is pretty much what I expected.

Thanks for the support, you don't see a lot of easy customer support these days :(

David

Willard
26th November 2012, 09:03 PM
Reposting this at the request of Fatshark to this forum (from RCgroups):

I picked up a Fatshark Teleporter with the integrated headtracking unit, and can't seem to get it to work with my Futaba 9CAP. I followed the instructions (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594642#), and set the channels I was going to use (5,6) and (7,8) to "FUNC", made sure the HT unit (plugged into the trainer port) and the headset were set to the same channel, and hit the 5-direction switch on the headset and held the momentary trainer switch on the Tx, and all I get is twitching servos (I seem to get twitching regardless of what channel the HT and and headset are set to, even when they don't match). Speed control and normal servo function work fine with the Tx/Rx combo. Using a Spektrum DS2 Tx module and both an AR7000 and HK Orange 6-chan receiver.
Readymaderc, who I purchased from, sent me a new goggle set when I told him of the problem. The new set was a little twitchy, but initially tested fine once when I got them, but fast forward a couple months later, and I'm having the same issue: The wireless (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=11152594#) HT will NOT work at all with my Futaba 9CAP. I didn't change a single setting, and now the TX is not getting a signal from the goggles. I went to the servo screen as suggested and tried every channel while holding down the momentary, and still nothing registers - no servo's being given a signal to move, and not even twitching now.

I've never even flown with these goggles yet (was getting ready to). Do you guys have a fix for the wireless HT? This is the second defective example of this model I've gotten, and I want something that has a working HT. Is it possible to wire these to have the HT to run direct to the trainer module from the goggles and not use wireless/dongle?

Thanks,

Willard

FatShark
26th November 2012, 09:52 PM
Likely its not a defective HT; 2 defective units usually means incorrect setup.
The 1st step is to use the Teleporter in its most simple mode as intended: connect power and a servo to the dongle directly. After you get the servo moving through the Dongle in direct mode, return to this forum and I will instruct you on the next step.

Willard
26th November 2012, 11:49 PM
I just hooked up the dongle to my powered Rx, and it did not get directly connected servo to move in sequence with the goggles/HT. Dongle light activated, and was receiving power. Servo's would sometimes glitch for a couple of seconds and then stop; on one occasion, servo rotated a fair amount one direction and then stopped. Servo's certainly were not working in sequence when I moved the goggles. I tried all channels, adjusting both dongle and goggle channel selector, and then tried both turning the goggles on first and then the Rx on first. I depressed the HT button in all cases as well....Readymaderc tested the first unit I returned, and they were not able to get the HT function to work either so...... If I'm doing something wrong with setup, please advise..thx

FatShark
27th November 2012, 05:24 AM
post a photo of the powered dongle with servos connected. make sure I can see the DIP settings in the photo and how the dongle is powered. Also a photo of the headset showing the channel (if 5G8 headset; set on channel 7, verify its on channel one by setting the AV TX to channel 7 and verifying it has an image). What I want to do is ensure everything is set to Channel 7.
I also need to know what ReadymadeRC returned to you. Did they just replace the headset or the entire set? The headset and dongles are paired - if the headset was only replaced, that may explain why the dongle isn't communicating.

Willard
27th November 2012, 10:12 PM
post a photo of the powered dongle with servos connected. make sure I can see the DIP settings in the photo and how the dongle is powered. Also a photo of the headset showing the channel (if 5G8 headset; set on channel 7, verify its on channel one by setting the AV TX to channel 7 and verifying it has an image). What I want to do is ensure everything is set to Channel 7.
I also need to know what ReadymadeRC returned to you. Did they just replace the headset or the entire set? The headset and dongles are paired - if the headset was only replaced, that may explain why the dongle isn't communicating.

Here ya go. My unit only goes up to channel 4. I have everythidng set on Ch. 1. I've tried every channel with the same result.

ReadymadeRC returned to me a paired unit which Tim stated that he had tested himself.

FatShark
27th November 2012, 11:29 PM
1) Channel 1 on the HT and BASE headset is as follows
2) Remove the heat shrink from the dongle and remove the jumper wire as shown (this will activate direct mode). Since you are using a Futaba radio, you will not need to reconnect this jumper (only needed for Turnigy 9X).

Willard
28th November 2012, 12:15 AM
1) Channel 1 on the HT and BASE headset is as follows
2) Remove the heat shrink from the dongle and remove the jumper wire as shown (this will activate direct mode). Since you are using a Futaba radio, you will not need to reconnect this jumper (only needed for Turnigy 9X).

Done. Tested it, and HT finally works in direct mode (yay!). Went and hooked up the servo's to channels 5-6 on AR7000, and dongle up to 9CAP, and still no luck (boo). In the servo menu, I am still not showing any indicated movement from the servo's when goggles move. Channels 5-8 are set to "FUNC" and momentary switch is being held down....

FatShark
28th November 2012, 01:56 AM
Ok, so we've determined the unit is not faulty. Next step, post a photo of your trainer setup menu and a photo of the dongle connected to the back of the radio (do not change the channel on the headset or dongle).

Willard
29th November 2012, 01:36 AM
As requested.....BTW, powered camera up with dongle in direct mode and was the first time I got to look through goggles with HT enabled and camera turned on - was great! Now just need to get it working through Tx.

FatShark
29th November 2012, 02:21 AM
Try your settings like the following screen shot from my 10C. I can't say for certain, but I swear the Futaba trainer settings change from radio to radio. The other day my head tracker stopped working on my 10C (maybe I changed a model by accident) and I had to go back into the menu and change the settings to this to get it to work again.

GoneFPV
29th November 2012, 01:07 PM
Hi. I am new to FPV.

I recently bought a FatShark Dominator video goggle. I also bought the Dominator Track Module. I tried many different setup however the head tracking is not working correctly. I am using Futaba 10C, 29MHz set-up.

The trainer switch is "ON" and the default chn 5/6 was set to "FUNC". I have checked many times and I am very sure i did every thing correctly. The pitch servo move very very slowly. A lot of delay. The pan servo is not working at all. The servo test panel of Futaba 10C also show the corresponding Chn6 for tilt is reacting very slowing and lots of delay. No movement at Chn5 at all.

Can someone kindly advise what could have gone wrong. Is it goggle or the track module having problem? I have checked the installation of the module and everything looks OK. No mis-algnmenet.

I can't seems to be able to attached a video to show the problem.

FatShark
29th November 2012, 08:23 PM
Does your Futaba trainer menu setup like the photo on the post before?

Willard
30th November 2012, 12:22 AM
Try your settings like the following screen shot from my 10C. I can't say for certain, but I swear the Futaba trainer settings change from radio to radio. The other day my head tracker stopped working on my 10C (maybe I changed a model by accident) and I had to go back into the menu and change the settings to this to get it to work again.

Well what do ya know, it worked..multiple times! HT finally works with my goggles!! All I had to do was cut a jumper wire and set the Trainer function to "OFF" (???) - would NOT have thought to try that. Thanks for all the help, was thinking that I got 2 lemons in a row. Hopefully folks can use this and perhaps FS can add a section on this to their instruction manual so thers can avoid the headache. Thanks again!

gauravag
30th November 2012, 12:32 AM
Hi all, I am wondering, if this is possible ?

Futaba 8FG Trainer port has PPM out and PPM in pins. What if :
a. I connect the PPM out of the HT to the PPM In of the Futaba Tx
b. PPM out of the Futaba trainer port to LRS.

Would this work ? Or do i need to do this :
a. Futaba PPM Out to HT PPM IN
b. HT PPM Out to LRS .

I wouldnt like to do the later as it means routing the delicate PPM signal over to HT I might loose control if the HT hangs up OR the connector gets loose etc..

Please help !

FatShark
30th November 2012, 01:42 AM
Well what do ya know, it worked..multiple times! HT finally works with my goggles!! All I had to do was cut a jumper wire and set the Trainer function to "OFF" (???) - would NOT have thought to try that. Thanks for all the help, was thinking that I got 2 lemons in a row. Hopefully folks can use this and perhaps FS can add a section on this to their instruction manual so thers can avoid the headache. Thanks again!

Well, actually you didn't need to cut the jumper wire. I had you do that so you could connect the servos directly to ensure the system was on the right channels and working before troubleshooting the radio settings.

FatShark
30th November 2012, 02:11 AM
Hi all, I am wondering, if this is possible ?

Futaba 8FG Trainer port has PPM out and PPM in pins. What if :
a. I connect the PPM out of the HT to the PPM In of the Futaba Tx
b. PPM out of the Futaba trainer port to LRS.

Would this work ? Or do i need to do this :
a. Futaba PPM Out to HT PPM IN
b. HT PPM Out to LRS .

I wouldnt like to do the later as it means routing the delicate PPM signal over to HT I might loose control if the HT hangs up OR the connector gets loose etc..

Please help !

I'm not exactly sure. What LRS system are you planning to use? I know a few people have figured out how to make the HT work with LRS that don't have HT support but you'd have a better chance of getting a response from those guys if you post on the appropriate LRS forum. Unfortunatley none of posted their how to in any threads I know of.

GoneFPV
30th November 2012, 10:48 AM
Does your Futaba trainer menu setup like the photo on the post before?

Hi FS. I changed to the setting to what your photo suggested (Chn 1 to Chn4 = OFF; Chn5 to Chn8 = FUNC). Still Not working ...:confused:

Tilt (Chn6) still move very slowly and Pan(Chn5) not moving at all. I bought the Head Tacking Module from Future Hobbies. There is a piece of paper showing V4 Overview. So it should be V4 right?

GoneFPV
30th November 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi FS. I must have move the goggle too much (>90Deg) that set it to pause mode (2 beeps sound). Once I press and hold the HT button until a single beep sound to exit the pause mode it is working fine now. :o:o

Forgot you added this safety features. :p

Thanks a lot for your support. Great product. :rolleyes:Cheers ...

FPV13
5th December 2012, 01:58 AM
Hello, I am hoping to get some help with my head tracking set up for my FPV system. I am using an Futaba FX-20 Radio with a Futaba R6014HS Receiver along with the Fatshark Dominator glasses and the head tracking module. I have tried absolutely everything in my power and knowledge to try to get the head tracking to work, but have been unsuccessful. I have gone over the FX-20 manual many times (along with the simple Fatshark instructions). I feel that I have now mastered my FX-20. But, there has to be something that I might be missing or overlooking, or some combination of settings. I am assuming that it is something very simple. I hope that it is. I do have my doubts because I feel that I have tried every scenario. I have read through a lot of these threads on here and see a lot of great info, but I could not find the specific information that I need for my situation. Please help!... First off, is the FX-20 compatible? Second, Is there a simple step that is commonly missed? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you for your time and helping me.

Thank you.

FatShark
5th December 2012, 02:16 AM
Link to the English manual please.

Bob, just Bob
6th December 2012, 10:19 AM
Haven't set mine up yet, but I have a question for anyone who has set up their p&t on a Spektrum DX-8: does p&t only work while the trainer button is depressed?

FPV13
6th December 2012, 10:43 AM
Hello, thank your your quick response the other day. I am just getting a chance to get back to you in ref. to my FX-20 Futaba for the head tracking. You had asked me for a English version of the Manual. I have one on a CD rom but could not find a PDF or a link to an entire English Manual. I searched for one but everything is another language. So, I did read the other information on this forum and threads. I saw the suggestion that the trainer channels should be set to trainer mode and not FUNC as what is in the manual. So I set the designated tracking channels to NORM. And then,,, It worked!!! Finally!!! It didn't make sense to set that on Norm, but if it works, it works!!! So thanks for the help and the forum info. I will be getting a few more FPV systems now that this one is figured out. The next ones should be easier now.
Thank you..........

FatShark
6th December 2012, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I'll update the compatible radios list and make a note to update the manuals to try setting channels to trainer mode and not FUNC if it doesn't work on FUNC mode. It almost feels like there isn't any consistency across the Futaba models about what settings work. I'm hoping it will become clear to me one of these days so I can write up a definitive guide.

molicul1
14th December 2012, 11:29 PM
I m trying to connect a M.I.G HT module on a Dominator Headset to a dragon link headtraking connector using this but don’t have good result so far , I have the HT in the headset set at ch 6-7 and I tappet on the data cable for Ppm and Ground ( the respective colored wires are light green , red , black , Wight ) following the headset Ps2 connector layout was a bit confusing cuss I end up with blackas ppm and Wight as ground and that ground is not even connected to the outsideshroud funny after checking to make sour it was not the power cable tray it but dont seem to work ( I did the binding first wit the DRlink and the M.I G isgiving me a post beep to say it’s on when turn on rx servos get in position but no motion with headset moovment

Can someone with a dragonlink send me the proper way to do the data cable before I blow up the M.I.G HT for my dominator

Thanks

quickpix
14th December 2012, 11:31 PM
Try Chris Seto at Dragon Link, he sure helped me!

quickpix
14th December 2012, 11:37 PM
Send me a private message with you email and I will pass it on to Chris.

molicul1
15th December 2012, 12:14 AM
sent a e-mail to chris will see thanks for the info

quickpix
15th December 2012, 12:40 AM
I sent Chris an email too....

molicul1
15th December 2012, 08:40 PM
after geting the data cable exactly like it is supose to be connected , seting the HT to ch 7/8 binding the Dragon link to the ht , all i get is center position and gitter no moovement yet , could it be the facte that my transmiter is a ER9x so 9 channels (Once the headtracker is connected and the DragonLink is bound, the pan and tilt channels
will be available on the two channels immediately following those belonging to the RC transmitter) and my dragonlink rx is 9 ch so will it be safe to say that my pan and till will not be avaleble unless i get a 12 channel ? , and the strrange ting adout my M.I.G V4 is that it dos not beep normaly but caind of click finghtly but still give me all the right code ? could it be a lemon it came from HK.

FatShark
15th December 2012, 10:06 PM
The MIG V4 outputs 8ch. You may want to get everything working direct with the ER9X before introducing the Dragonlink. Plug the data cable into the trainer port of the ER9X and open up the servo test screen. You should see the servo bars moving there if setup correctly.

molicul1
16th December 2012, 12:21 AM
not d bad suggestion i diden't tought of it , will trray that and keep you posted

Thanks that will clarified tings

molicul1
16th December 2012, 01:15 AM
nop wen i plug the 3.5 jack in to the traner port the er9x power it self on with the switch off and wen i power it on and go to servos moovment screen i get noting from ch 5 to 8 , should i be assingning summ ch to traner port or sommting for it to work not shur just a question , funny ting thought the beep as started working normaly on the M.I.g v4 ht go figur way
i used the proper Ps2 connector ground is connected to out side caissing and to left buthom pin of connector side and ppm is connected to right buthom side of connector on the 3.5 jack it is ground to core and ppm to point noting in the midel.
the HT seem to be fonctioning tught wen i tip it up or side ways pass 45 degrees it beep twice to tel me it went in disengage mode

but for now i will order a data cable from wirless and get the headtracker to work with the Er9x first ting and gather all the info i can soak up cuz wat should been a esy instal turn out to be a head heak like i was the first one to atempte it lol

Mcrock
16th December 2012, 03:11 AM
OK this radio works with head
tracker on the Preditor Goggles
Futaba 8J

Needs trainer switch changing to another always on or of as it is spring loaded.
When using EZUHF just change the EZUHF software to set the required channels you want to use and you do not need to worry about about the Futaba radio as long as those channels you set are not in use.

petaks01
16th December 2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I'll update the compatible radios list and make a note to update the manuals to try setting channels to trainer mode and not FUNC if it doesn't work on FUNC mode. It almost feels like there isn't any consistency across the Futaba models about what settings work. I'm hoping it will become clear to me one of these days so I can write up a definitive guide.

My Futaba 12FG is working as expected when I set the HT channels to "Norm" in the trainer menu. Available settings for the channels are: Off, Func, Norm and Mix.

Settings in Trainer section:

Page 1/5

Act/Inh: OFF
Teacher/Student: Teach
12/8 channel: 8
Switch: --

Page 2/5

All settings: Off

Page 3/5

5 Autolevel: Off
6 HT Pan: Norm
7 HT Pitch: Norm
8 Auxiliary 3: Off

Page 4/5

Page 5/5

molicul1
16th December 2012, 03:09 PM
after reading on it i know now that it is normal in facte all i hade to do is to anable the trainer switche and assing the presett chanel on the googles to the ch i want to use on the Er9x so ch7 to ppm7 and ch 8 on ppm8 it was that esay, but still noting so wat i did is to connect may multimeter to the ppm signal and the ground comming out from the googles and i get 2.65 v= continus as i tilte the googles no voltage change ,i would be temted to say that may head tracker board is faulty wat do you guys tink ?

Pedro Albuquerque
18th December 2012, 07:15 PM
Hitec optic 6. You need the hobbyking ppm signal injector. Should work with flash, lazer and other radios. The included fatshark cable didnt have power/ground on black/red like i expected.

Hi Mecevans

I made a cable to connect Ht to Hitec Optic 6, and I could make servos work on ch 5 and 6 while trainer switch is ON, But I loose control over ch 1 - 4.
How can I keep cpntrol over these ch (1-4) while having HT active (trainer ON) ?

FatShark
18th December 2012, 08:33 PM
Do you have a link to the English manual for the HItec Optic 6? I would suspect the radio doesn't support the required trainer function for the head tracker as even the their flagship Aurora9 doesn't. But I could be wrong, send me a link and I'll check it.

Pedro Albuquerque
19th December 2012, 07:07 PM
Do you have a link to the English manual for the HItec Optic 6? I would suspect the radio doesn't support the required trainer function for the head tracker as even the their flagship Aurora9 doesn't. But I could be wrong, send me a link and I'll check it.

Thanks Fatshark,

here it is http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/ManualOptic6.pdf
I see nothing about pan&Tilt, but i've seen a few videos on youtube using optic 6, but only show pan&tilt servos, not the other ones, so I wonder if I'm missing some thing or there is a trick.

My googles are attitude SD.
I whatched sign out from head set with osciloscope while disconected from Radio , and I can see several "peak's" and 5th and 6th vary when I move the googles.
If the mixing of ch1 to 4 with 5 to 6 is not automatic within the radio or even by the googles (as it receives the ppm out the radio), than I guess it can't work.

Unless there is som kind of mixing gadget that captures ppm out the radio and mixes with ppm out the googles and injects again in the PPM IN to the radio.

FatShark
19th December 2012, 11:01 PM
The Optic 6 is a simple 6 channel radio. The menu doesn't even make a passing mention of the trainer function (its more than likely assigns full control to the student when activated). There is no mention of selective trainer assignments. I can confidently say this radio does not support head tracking.

Pedro Albuquerque
20th December 2012, 04:35 PM
The Optic 6 is a simple 6 channel radio. The menu doesn't even make a passing mention of the trainer function (its more than likely assigns full control to the student when activated). There is no mention of selective trainer assignments. I can confidently say this radio does not support head tracking.

Thanks Fatshark,

I guess I'll have to get a new radio....

IMEIV
26th December 2012, 07:45 AM
Do you know if Futuba T12 FG radio is supported by FatShark head tracker ?

FatShark
27th December 2012, 01:25 AM
please post a link to the English manual and I'll check it out. I suspect you may have to run it in 8ch mode due to PPM timing if its a 12ch radio.

IMEIV
27th December 2012, 02:02 AM
please post a link to the English manual and I'll check it out. I suspect you may have to run it in 8ch mode due to PPM timing if its a 12ch radio.

Thanks. Now, you can find in attachment at this message a PDF file with Futuba T12FG radio manual.

I'll wait your reply.

Matteo

FatShark
27th December 2012, 03:51 AM
Its not clear but it's looking like no. If you look at page 29 of the manual it has settings for 8ch/12ch trainer TX, you'll need to set that for 8ch. On the bottom of page 29 is a screen shot of the selective channel assignment. On most Futaba radios that support head tracking it lists the 8 channels. In your radio manual it only lists the primary 4 channels, but you need control over channels 5-8 for the head tracker support. Maybe there is a 2nd screen for the other 4 controls but I'm not hopeful.

IMEIV
27th December 2012, 07:20 AM
Its not clear but it's looking like no. If you look at page 29 of the manual it has settings for 8ch/12ch trainer TX, you'll need to set that for 8ch. On the bottom of page 29 is a screen shot of the selective channel assignment. On most Futaba radios that support head tracking it lists the 8 channels. In your radio manual it only lists the primary 4 channels, but you need control over channels 5-8 for the head tracker support. Maybe there is a 2nd screen for the other 4 controls but I'm not hopeful.

Yes I think it's likely but I use the Futuba radio with DragonLink module and the new firmware of Dragon Link uses 12ch with the trainer port. So I think that DL module and Futuba T12FG radio should works with FatShark head tracker... Dragon Link receiver has HeadTracker output on 7-8ch.
Do you think that is it possble using Dragon Link module ?

Calimo
27th December 2012, 04:29 PM
Hi, one problem. I have had my predator goggles for about 5 months now and have just aquired a radio that supports head tracking. Now i realise that the headset doesent beep when powering on and the button wont work for accessing the osd menu. it did beep the first time i used it though. The button works for adjusting brightness and contrast and the vide link works. This is a little frustrating. Any tips? i am afraid the HT is broken on almost new goggles :(

quickpix
27th December 2012, 04:36 PM
Are you using them for 5.8?
If not and you are wired to a receiver then switch the serrated switch on the bottom one way or the other to see if that works.

Calimo
27th December 2012, 05:02 PM
Are you using them for 5.8?
If not and you are wired to a receiver then switch the serrated switch on the bottom one way or the other to see if that works.

Yes , using them on 5.8. Why would using the switch change anything? (I am at work and cant check until another 8 hours :( )

quickpix
27th December 2012, 05:16 PM
The switch on the bottom turns off the 5.8 so you can use the goggles with other video frequencies, although you have to use the supplied wire to connect it to your video receiver the get the signal straight into the goggles.

FatShark
27th December 2012, 08:50 PM
Hi, one problem. I have had my predator goggles for about 5 months now and have just aquired a radio that supports head tracking. Now i realise that the headset doesent beep when powering on and the button wont work for accessing the osd menu. it did beep the first time i used it though. The button works for adjusting brightness and contrast and the vide link works. This is a little frustrating. Any tips? i am afraid the HT is broken on almost new goggles :(

Sorry, have to ask: Is this Predator V1 or V2? (V2 has no head tracker.)

Calimo
28th December 2012, 02:39 AM
Fatshark: it is the v.1 with included head tracker.

FatShark
28th December 2012, 04:45 AM
You might want to pop the top case off and check to see if the HT is still fully seated on the pins. Earlier versions didn't have foam to ensure it kept seated.

Calimo
28th December 2012, 05:27 AM
Looking inside i can see that the board is fully seated and it also has the foam to keep it in. I tried removing the board an re inserting it. Still no life in the HT.

FatShark
28th December 2012, 09:59 PM
Either the beeper is bad or the HT has been fried. What radio are you trying to hook it up to? Can we get the settings correct and look at the servo screen to see if the HT is even functioning?

Refrik
28th December 2012, 11:29 PM
I just recently got a pair of the Attitude SD goggles. They are working great for FPV with the Fatshark 5.8 GHz Tx. So I ordered a Turnigy 9X in order to use the built-in head tracking. I'm having trouble getting it to work. I get the programming beeps from the goggles. I bought a PS/2 to 3.5mm cable. I turn on the goggles and plug in the cable. The Turnigy 9X turns itself on. I also turn the switch on. I program the Trainer Mode to turn on channels 5-8. It still says INH just like in the picture (and NOR by the channels). The Turnigy connects to the receiver and can control channels 1-4 but I'm not getting any output on channels 5-8. The head tracking isn't working.

Have I missed a step? Any ideas what's wrong?

squishy
29th December 2012, 12:37 AM
Why are there no JR radios on the list?

Calimo
29th December 2012, 01:58 AM
Either the beeper is bad or the HT has been fried. What radio are you trying to hook it up to? Can we get the settings correct and look at the servo screen to see if the HT is even functioning?

Trying to hook it up to the 9x turnigy. I have opened the channels on the radio (in the trainer) and on the visualisation screen there are no movement and the servos are not moving either.

FatShark
29th December 2012, 02:13 AM
Why are there no JR radios on the list?

Most JR radios don't support it and I only add to the list when someone requests it. If there's no JR radios on the list its because nobody is using it nor has asked me.

FatShark
29th December 2012, 02:18 AM
I just recently got a pair of the Attitude SD goggles. They are working great for FPV with the Fatshark 5.8 GHz Tx. So I ordered a Turnigy 9X in order to use the built-in head tracking. I'm having trouble getting it to work. I get the programming beeps from the goggles. I bought a PS/2 to 3.5mm cable. I turn on the goggles and plug in the cable. The Turnigy 9X turns itself on. I also turn the switch on. I program the Trainer Mode to turn on channels 5-8. It still says INH just like in the picture (and NOR by the channels). The Turnigy connects to the receiver and can control channels 1-4 but I'm not getting any output on channels 5-8. The head tracking isn't working.

Have I missed a step? Any ideas what's wrong?

1) Are you enabling the trainer switch?
2) Have you check the servo test screen to see if the signal responds normally there?
3) Are you sure the HT safety limit hasn't been tripped and is stuck in pause mode with the servos in the center position?

Refrik
29th December 2012, 11:11 AM
1) I went into the menu on the Turnigy 9X and set channels 5-8 to NOR. Is there something else I need to enable the trainer switch?
2) On the servo test screen, channels 1-4 work normally but I get no response on channels 5-8.
3) If I am stuck in pause mode, how do I unstick it? (I don't think I am).

FatShark
31st December 2012, 09:49 PM
See attached photo

brunors
1st January 2013, 09:14 AM
Refrik

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. JUST AS YOU DESCRIBED.

brunors
1st January 2013, 09:17 AM
I am using this switch, but nothing happens. The bars in 9x's Display Submenu just works on chanel 1-4. I have tested it on other new turnigy 9x and I get the same problem.

See attached photo

quickpix
1st January 2013, 09:47 AM
I don't know what to say, my Fat Sharks worked right out of the box with the old style 9x after I activated the trainer port for the head tracker. I, however, do not use the head tracker. I prefer using either the pot knobs on the 9x or the sliders on my Aurora 9 radio. It is a little bit jumpy at first but the control is always there when I need it and it is one less wire and connection to worry about. Remember FPV needs to be as simple as possible. You don't want anything to fail with the video system while flying. It is your lifeline. I have had a failure and it is the most helpless feeling that you can imagine.... Keep it simple!

FatShark
1st January 2013, 08:13 PM
I am using this switch, but nothing happens. The bars in 9x's Display Submenu just works on chanel 1-4. I have tested it on other new turnigy 9x and I get the same problem.
Please post a photo of your trainer settings menu. Are you exiting the menu window correctly after making the settings? If you don't exit correctly, the settings aren't saved (in reference to the 9X ).

brunors
2nd January 2013, 08:27 AM
Please post a photo of your trainer settings menu. Are you exiting the menu window correctly after making the settings? If you don't exit correctly, the settings aren't saved (in reference to the 9X ).

I make a video about Turnigy Configuration. As you can see, all is ok with my 9x. So, why the head tracking does not works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4hQq8ig6Ro

petaks01
2nd January 2013, 04:41 PM
Could you please check if there is an option to enable the trainer function on your Turnigy radio.

The first screen shows "State: Inh" and should be Off or Act or whatever they call it on a Turnigy radio before you can expect HT functions. If the trainer function is inhibited it will never work!

brunors
2nd January 2013, 04:54 PM
Yes. But I have enable/disable this option and I still get the same problem, HT just not works

FatShark
2nd January 2013, 09:24 PM
couldn't really see the servo test screen in the video. I"m not sure what you are trying to show in that video as it doesn't show the headset or the headset connected or moving. Post a video with those same settings with the trainer switch held in the enabled position. Get to the same servo test screen and show the goggles being powered, then cable being inserted into the goggle

brunors
3rd January 2013, 07:08 AM
couldn't really see the servo test screen in the video. I"m not sure what you are trying to show in that video as it doesn't show the headset or the headset connected or moving. Post a video with those same settings with the trainer switch held in the enabled position. Get to the same servo test screen and show the goggles being powered, then cable being inserted into the goggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUgLqN8atA4

FatShark
4th January 2013, 02:34 AM
I've reposted the 9X menu setup photo here for you easy reference.
1) Set your trainer menu EXACTLY how it is shown in this photo. In your videos you are setting the STATE to "OFF". DO NOT set the state to "OFF" - set the state to "INF" as shown in your manual.
2) Be aware that the head tracker has an auto disengage function that hold the HT in the center position when motion limits have been exceeded. I can hear in the video the double beep that indicates you are tripping the motion limits and the HT is going into pause mode (however this is not the problem in your video).

I can assure you from your video that all your hardware is working correctly. Now do the following so you can get enjoy it:
1) Turn everything off, remove the HS plug from the back of the radio (leave PS/2 plug inserted to bottom of headset).
2) Turn on radio and set trainer STATE to INF
5) I know you only have 2 hands, so grab some elastic bands, tape, velcro whatever and hold the spring loaded toggle switch in the on position. At this point the bars will STILL BE BLANK (not toggling like in your video)
5) Power the goggles with the battery
6) Connect the trainer pin to the Radio
7) Move the goggles around a whole bunch to trigger the auto disengage (2 beeps).
8) Place the goggles down gently on the table in front of you
9) Press and hold the HT reset button until you hear the single beep that indicates the HT is in active mode
10) gently move the goggles without excessive motion.

Look at the display. Presto, you can see the servo bars tracking the headset.

brunors
4th January 2013, 10:25 AM
I have created a new vídeo following your instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB4IhDoKxpU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

FatShark
4th January 2013, 08:58 PM
Oh man, you have no idea how hard this is for me to keep my customer service face on right now.
I found your problem buried in your video:
The AttitudeSD doesn't come with a Turnigy9X cable, it only comes with a Futaba cable. You couldn't be bothered to buy the proper cable so you modified your Futaba cable. Problem is, you wired it up wrong. You can't just randomly feed signals into the trainer port then blame the hardware for not working.
It would've been nice if you had disclosed this and saved me a lot of time.

asafsee
5th January 2013, 02:27 AM
Hello,
Received my Dominator headset with Head Tracker but cant get head tracker to work
Im using Futaba FG8 - i have done all changes on trainer settings ch 5+6 to FUN

Dominator is 3rd generation - bought from hobbyking (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19445__Fat_Shark_Dominator_3rd_Generation_modula r_FPV_System.html)
Any ideas?

brunors
5th January 2013, 07:49 AM
Oh man, you have no idea how hard this is for me to keep my customer service face on right now.
I found your problem buried in your video:
The AttitudeSD doesn't come with a Turnigy9X cable, it only comes with a Futaba cable. You couldn't be bothered to buy the proper cable so you modified your Futaba cable. Problem is, you wired it up wrong. You can't just randomly feed signals into the trainer port then blame the hardware for not working.
It would've been nice if you had disclosed this and saved me a lot of time.

I made this cable just using your diagram (see below)

http://fpvlab.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14578&d=1348450739

Below you can see another video showing that all is like diagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEt-Zm2ZgKM

glassdogangle
5th January 2013, 03:37 PM
brunors: It looks to me like to have run into a problem that I almost ran into myself. You used the "headset PS2 Connector" diagram incorrectly. I belive what the "Fat Shark Data Cable Pinouts RevA" diagram shows at upper left is the PORT on the bottom of the Dominators, NOT the PS2 PLUG ITSELF. So, you were using a mirror-image of the correct pinouts to wire up your cable.

Understand this: If you look at the faces of both the PS2 PORT and the PS2 PLUG at the same time, you will see that the pinouts are a mirror image of each other. In other words, you must flip one over to insert the PLUG to PORT.

You used the PORT (on the Dominators) diagram to wire up the PLUG (your wire), so your GROUND is reversed with the PPM.

I hope this helps...

brunors
5th January 2013, 05:20 PM
brunors: It looks to me like to have run into a problem that I almost ran into myself. You used the "headset PS2 Connector" diagram incorrectly. I belive what the "Fat Shark Data Cable Pinouts RevA" diagram shows at upper left is the PORT on the bottom of the Dominators, NOT the PS2 PLUG ITSELF. So, you were using a mirror-image of the correct pinouts to wire up your cable.

Understand this: If you look at the faces of both the PS2 PORT and the PS2 PLUG at the same time, you will see that the pinouts are a mirror image of each other. In other words, you must flip one over to insert the PLUG to PORT.

You used the PORT (on the Dominators) diagram to wire up the PLUG (your wire), so your GROUND is reversed with the PPM.

I hope this helps...

Yes Glass

I think you are right. I will change the order of pins in my cable and test it today. Thank you!

Dogsock
6th January 2013, 02:16 AM
I need some help. I spent a good part of the day trying to get the HT on my AttitudeSD's working with my Dragonlink v2 and Futaba 9C.

Does anybody else use this setup? Am I missing something?

Went through a rebind with the goggles plugged in and attached to DL. Set the trainer to off and channels 5-8 to FUNC. I pull the trainer momentary switch but get nothing on my Pan and Tilt or on my servo output graphic on the tx.

Any Dragonlink guru's out there?

brunors
6th January 2013, 08:12 AM
Yes Glass

I think you are right. I will change the order of pins in my cable and test it today. Thank you!

Hi all

It is Working NOW

the problem was the cable

glassdogangle
6th January 2013, 11:58 AM
I do not know what AttitudeSD is, but I have dl V2 also, with 12 channels. When I set my Dominators to channels 5-6 I got nothing, but then when I used the Dominator's startup button menu to change the channels to 7-8 it worked. Not sure why... Maybe this helps you?

Dogsock
6th January 2013, 12:29 PM
AttitudeSD's are a new goggle from Fatshark. It has a connection cable that has four wires inside. White, black, green, and red. As I'm sure you did, I bought the DL cable from DL and spliced it with the fatshark cable using the pin out diagram that Fatshark provides. The HT is working in the goggle according to the beeps, etc. It's somewhere in the connection or my futaba 9c settings...I tried what you suggested but don't seem to get any signal.

I'm thinking it might have to do with the aux channel settings in the menu. These are used for channels 5-8 to designate which switches control what channels.

Do you remember what color wires you connected to the DL yellow, brown, and red wires? Maybe it's not getting a ppm signal.

glassdogangle
6th January 2013, 01:00 PM
I used two cords. The first came with my Fatshark Dominators. It has a PS2 connector on one end, and it HAD a square Futaba connector on the other end, which I could not use, because I wanted to plug that end into my Dragonlink. So I snipped off the Futaba square connector, and spliced in a spare JR servo wire instead.

The JR servo wire plugs right into my dragonlink. There are three ports on the DL: Radio, Track, and Data. There are no polarity markings, so I plugged the new spliced JR lead into the DL in the same way as the Radio wire plugs into the DL. They are, as expected, the exact same polarity.

Splicing the JR wire to the remainder of the PS2 wire was an exercise in frustration, because when I did some continuity testing to find out which wire was what, and I matched this up with online pinouts for the PS2 port on my Fatshark Dominators, it was all backwards!

In summary, the Dominator cord had 4 wires; white, black, red, and green. I was thinking black was ground, red was power, and then white or green was PPM. I was WRONG!

After cussing out different ethnic groups for being so retarded, I decided to go against my intuition and splice it in according to all the info online. This meant that:

1) Only two wires were needed (because my HT is inside my Dominators, and powered by the Dominators)
2) The WHITE wire from the Dominator PS2 cord was GROUND (so, white from Dominator cable soldered to BLACK on JR servo plug)
3) The BLACK wire from the Dominator PS2 cord was PPM (so, black from Dominator cable soldered to either white or yellow on JR plug - mine was yellow, but depending on what spare servo lead you use, the colors will be normal black,red,and white, or they will be brown,red, and yellow.
4) The Red and Green wires were cut and not needed.

Was gonna post pics, but camera is acting up!

Dogsock
6th January 2013, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the reply. That's exactly how I have mine set up. I ordered a Futaba to DL cable from Dragonlink and spliced it in. I soldered the power(green) wire but pulled it from the connector. I want to have the option to power the Fatsharks later.

I can't believe this is so hard...I'm normally pretty good with this stuff. The different colored wires on the Fatshark cable is very frustrating. I can't believe someone isn't already selling this cable to minimize the hassle.

glassdogangle
6th January 2013, 04:36 PM
Yep. For a second there I thought you stole my cable. That's just what mine looks like, same colors and all. It really sucks when you do such a good job setting everything up and then, for some unknown reason, things don't work. That's what we get for messing with cutting edge stuff. It's like evry time I want to add new functionality to my Skywalker, I have to spend hours online re-educating myself as to how to add the new components! Frustrating! Maybe in 10 years we can all got work for the Air Force as "Drone Technicians" for the new stuff they are coming out with!

Dogsock
6th January 2013, 10:23 PM
So your's works with this wiring glassdongangle? If that's the case and we have the same wiring, then my problem must be with the Fatshark menu or maybe the binding process with my Dragonlink v2. Here's what I'm doing to on the binding:

Connect cable above to both Fatshark and DL v2 "track" port.
Power the goggles with Fatshark battery on goggles. It does though a series of beeps and appears to be ready for action.
Turn on Futaba 9c while holding the bind button on the DL tx. Release button after a few seconds to get the fast flashing green- bind mode.
Connect the battery on my plane and DL 12 channel rx shows the status and power lights.
I cycle through the power on the Futaba 9c/ DL and the DL rx shows blue. Bind complete.
I cycle the power on the DL rx and again it boots up and shows blue. Bind complete.

Still no activity on the pan and tilt from any of the channels from 5-10 on the DL rx...

Any suggestions what to try next?

Barry
7th January 2013, 11:24 PM
when reversing the pan/tilt servos, do you have to do anyhting else after it cycles to the one long beep or is it automatic?

AirRyder2
19th January 2013, 07:29 AM
Just bought a Fat Shark M.I.G. head Tracker and am connecting it with the Futaba Data Cable to my Futaba T8FG transmitter. I am using the default channels 5 and 6 for the pan and tilt servos of my camera mount. I went into the trainer setup menu and set 5 and 6 to "Func" as described in the manual. I am getting no movement of the camera. No signal is getting to the receiver from the Futaba radio.

Possibly I am missing something relating to the "student PPM stream" or "selective student channel mixing." I imagine (optimistically) that the M.I.G. is working properly and that I am just not do in the setup correctly. Any direction regarding the setup of the Futaba T8FG would be great.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

The following is a link to the manual for my futaba T8FG if it would help you to help me.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/8fg-2_4ghz-manual.pdf

FatShark
20th January 2013, 04:27 AM
Hi AirRyder,
Just talking to a guy here that has the same radio. He says you have to put it into 8ch mode (not 12ch mode). The manual link you sent doesn't show this setting - its on an updated manual from Futaba (I don't have the link). If you can't get it working, buddy will be back home end of the week and can figure out the settings for you. In the meantime, please post if you get it working with the 8ch mode.

AirRyder2
20th January 2013, 10:01 AM
Hello FatShark,
Thank you for the response. I went into trainer and put it in 8ch mode (and tried 12ch mode) but still no response. I hope you friend can help me out. It is probably something simple, but whatever it is is hiding from me. I am learning a lot about my new transmitter in the process. Thanks for following up with your buddy. If I find the solution I will post what I find. Thanks, AirRyder2

AirRyder2
20th January 2013, 10:16 AM
Desmundchua, Did you get yours working? I am having the same problem of nothing functioning. Please let me know. Thanks, AirRyder2

AirRyder2
20th January 2013, 10:26 AM
FatShark, For the Futaba Setup, if (rather when) I get mine working, rather than having to use plastic or rubber bands to enable the trainer toggle switch, wouldn't it be possible to reassign the toggle switch to another switch that is not spring loaded?

FatShark
21st January 2013, 03:24 AM
FatShark, For the Futaba Setup, if (rather when) I get mine working, rather than having to use plastic or rubber bands to enable the trainer toggle switch, wouldn't it be possible to reassign the toggle switch to another switch that is not spring loaded?

That would be up to the radio. The HT has no control over what initiates the trainer in the radio.

AirRyder2
22nd January 2013, 10:28 PM
Hi FatShark, I am now up and running with the FatShark M.I.G. HT. I wish that I could identify exactly what I did that made the difference and got the M.I.G working. Here is a run down of what I did. I changed from using ch5&6 to channels 7 & 8. I did this on my radio and on the HT unit. I changed from using the spring loaded trainer radio switch to another three position toggle switch. In the radio trainer set up I did set ch 7&8 to "Func" and on the last page I made sure the setup was not "INH" but "Off" and set to the same switch I had set up for trainer (SG instead of SH) and also set to 8ch, not 12ch. AND I was in business; the camera started following the M.I.G. HT. I was shocked. None of this was anything that I don't think that I had already tried but now it is working. Thanks for the support. AirRyder2

naija
23rd January 2013, 12:16 PM
@ FatShark - I use pan only. Will I be able to use head tracking and have the extra channel available for something else. Or does the head tracking take up two channels? Thanks

Keninvictoria
23rd January 2013, 12:32 PM
When using a FrSky DHT-U connected to the trainer jack on a DX7S I would not be able to connect a fatshark head tracker (it also uses the trainer jack). Is there anyway around this? maybe something like a ppm splitter ? I could get a standard 3.5mm splitter - but I would think you cant have two devices on the same ppm signal without some kind of isolation. I could connect to the DX7S internal ppm contacts - but same scenario, I would be sharing the ppm signal path with the Frsky and the Fatshark HT. Your thoughts?

FatShark
23rd January 2013, 11:34 PM
@ FatShark - I use pan only. Will I be able to use head tracking and have the extra channel available for something else. Or does the head tracking take up two channels? Thanks

You assign the channels in the radio trainer menu. No problem to assign only one channel to Pan.

FatShark
23rd January 2013, 11:37 PM
When using a FrSky DHT-U connected to the trainer jack on a DX7S I would not be able to connect a fatshark head tracker (it also uses the trainer jack). Is there anyway around this? maybe something like a ppm splitter ? I could get a standard 3.5mm splitter - but I would think you cant have two devices on the same ppm signal without some kind of isolation. I could connect to the DX7S internal ppm contacts - but same scenario, I would be sharing the ppm signal path with the Frsky and the Fatshark HT. Your thoughts?
I'm pretty sure some guys have done it successfully without a splitter as the FrSky uses outgoing PPM and the radio read the HT as incoming PPM. However I don't know if on the Spektrum if the trainer port is input/output on same pin or separate pins. You'd need to check with the FrSky guys.

Keninvictoria
24th January 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm pretty sure some guys have done it successfully without a splitter as the FrSky uses outgoing PPM and the radio read the HT as incoming PPM. However I don't know if on the Spektrum if the trainer port is input/output on same pin or separate pins. You'd need to check with the FrSky guys.

Trainer port is a mono 3.5 mm jack, PPM and Negative.

FatShark
25th January 2013, 03:29 AM
ok that probably means the same pin is used for input and output and the direction is determined by the trainer switch. I don't see how it this can work unless FrSky was aware enough of their target market to have a special input pin for head tracking. Drop the boys at FrSky a line and see if they did their job :)

naija
27th January 2013, 12:16 PM
Still can't get HT to work in my Attitude SD. I have a turnigy9x with ER9X. I have my pan servo plugged into channel 7 of my receiver. I set up the goggles to pan/tilt on channels 7/8. In my mixer I set channel 7 to PPM7. What am I missing?

fpv-surferdude
27th January 2013, 06:15 PM
Can the futaba 7uap be used with the Attitude head tracking? If so how do I set this up? I don't have a trainer cord for the Radio. Can I use the cables that came with the Fatshark Attitudes to hack into the trainer port on the radio?

FatShark
27th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Still can't get HT to work in my Attitude SD. I have a turnigy9x with ER9X. I have my pan servo plugged into channel 7 of my receiver. I set up the goggles to pan/tilt on channels 7/8. In my mixer I set channel 7 to PPM7. What am I missing?
See pg. 11 for a very detailed description of how to setup.

FatShark
27th January 2013, 09:22 PM
Can the futaba 7uap be used with the Attitude head tracking? If so how do I set this up? I don't have a trainer cord for the Radio. Can I use the cables that came with the Fatshark Attitudes to hack into the trainer port on the radio?

If your radio is not listed on the 1st page, post a link to the English manual.

naija
28th January 2013, 11:18 AM
after reading on it i know now that it is normal in facte all i hade to do is to anable the trainer switche and assing the presett chanel on the googles to the ch i want to use on the Er9x so ch7 to ppm7 and ch 8 on ppm8 it was that esay, but still noting so wat i did is to connect may multimeter to the ppm signal and the ground comming out from the googles and i get 2.65 v= continus as i tilte the googles no voltage change ,i would be temted to say that may head tracker board is faulty wat do you guys tink ?

I seem to be having the exact same problem as you. I will do a few more rounds of testing, but I have spoken to people with the exact same set up as me, and they have gotten theirs to work.

ApoC
28th January 2013, 01:17 PM
Hey
Im using a Domi with a V4 HT.

How can u switch off this Auto disengage function ???

Its horrible, that always, when i move my Head, the Tracker goes in center position.

Is it possible to update the Trackers Firmware to have NOT the feature?

I know many ppl, that "hate" this function, so, what can we do? I wouldnt buy another Tracker, that "works correctly".

Thats would be nice.

I would flash a new FW, if i get one - and have the info, how it works.

naija
28th January 2013, 10:14 PM
I simply can't get head tracking to work and I have tried everything. Has anyone had a malfunctioning HT in their new goggles?

AttitudeSD, Turnigy9x, ER9X, Frsky, PS2/3.5mm JR HT Connection Cable.

FatShark
28th January 2013, 10:45 PM
Does the head tracker beep when you turn it on? Can you enter the head tracking menu? If so, the head tracker is working fine. Remove the FRSky and only plug in the headset to the bare radio and enter the servo test screen where you should see your head tracker moving.
Next, post a video showing you following the step by step instructions that I have posted.

naija
28th January 2013, 11:31 PM
Yes it beeps and I am able to navigate through the channel set up. Does it matter if the transmitter or goggle are on when I plug them in?

naija
29th January 2013, 12:24 AM
Does the head tracker beep when you turn it on? Can you enter the head tracking menu? If so, the head tracker is working fine. Remove the FRSky and only plug in the headset to the bare radio and enter the servo test screen where you should see your head tracker moving.
Next, post a video showing you following the step by step instructions that I have posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJlA5OTJOg

fpv-surferdude
29th January 2013, 01:26 AM
Found this http://www.mftech.de/buchsen_en.htm. This shows the pin out for most radios, but it also shows a jumper on some that would disable the RF signal so you do not have to hold the trainer switch. I think.
You guys take a look and tell me if you think this is correct.

petaks01
29th January 2013, 01:43 AM
Yes it beeps and I am able to navigate through the channel set up. Does it matter if the transmitter or goggle are on when I plug them in?

Where do you plug them in?
I can't see the HT cable connected to your goggles in your video...

FatShark
29th January 2013, 06:20 AM
VPN not working. Will try to view in the morning and respond.

Malinois1
29th January 2013, 10:21 AM
Hi all,

Just got my Fat Shark Attiude goggles from ReadyMade. It is the Custom starter pacakage 5.8GHZ. I was wondering, 1st do I have to order an additional module for head tracker function or is this feature included with the Attitude googles? 2nd has anyone used the head tracking DEVO Transmitters (currently using a DEVO 10), If so was it a difficult setup or are there any special instructions /hardware needed?

petaks01
29th January 2013, 11:22 AM
Malinois1, the HT module is included in your Attitudes and a cable with a connector (PS/2) for
the goggles should be somewhere in your Attitude box, my cable has a square Futaba connector
at the other end. Don't know how the connector or pinout is for your DEVO TX but from the
pictures I have seen online it looks just like a Turnigy/JR compatible cable.

Malinois1
29th January 2013, 11:50 AM
It didnt come with the Turnigy/Jr data cable. It did come with a Futaba and a ezUHF data cable. I'll order the turnigy/ Jr cable. Thanks!
Malinois1, the HT module is included in your Attitudes and a cable with a connector (PS/2) for
the goggles should be somewhere in your Attitude box, my cable has a square Futaba connector
at the other end. Don't know how the connector or pinout is for your DEVO TX but from the
pictures I have seen online it looks just like a Turnigy/JR compatible cable.

naija
29th January 2013, 01:26 PM
Where do you plug them in?
I can't see the HT cable connected to your goggles in your video...

The HT cable is connected to the goggles in the correct spot (ps2 port on the bottom right of the goggles).

fpv-surferdude
29th January 2013, 04:29 PM
Fatshark, here is a link to the english manual for the Futaba 7uap. http://pdfreedownload.com/pdf/futaba-7732043.html Please tell me if this Tx will work with the Attitude SD HT unit.
This is a link to the 6 pin din pinout of the trainer port (Futaba 6 pin) http://www.endurance-rc.com/pinouts.php
If the radio will work, then should the connection from goggles to trainer port be,
White(GND) to shield
Black (PPM) to input top center pin.
Not sure if any other connections are necessary?

Barry
30th January 2013, 01:45 AM
Hey, why would my goggles only move the "pan" direction? They worked fine in both pan and tilt and now when I move the goggles left and right the camera moves left and right as advertised. The problem is now when I move the goggles up and down, then camera moves left and right and not up and down. Did I mess something up during the setup menu?? I havnt changed anything in my radio setup so that should not be the problem. Also my servo's are plugged into the 5 and 6 channel of the reeiver. nothing changed there also. I was trying to get my pan servo direction reversed and did so, but now the tilt will not engage. Thanks

FatShark
30th January 2013, 02:30 AM

I watched your video. 2 things I noticed: 1) you're activating the HT auto disengage (double beep) when you move it to the new location. You need to reset it (long press until hear beep). 2) I didn't see you actually enable the spring loaded trainer switch.

FatShark
30th January 2013, 02:31 AM
Fatshark, here is a link to the english manual for the Futaba 7uap. http://pdfreedownload.com/pdf/futaba-7732043.html Please tell me if this Tx will work with the Attitude SD HT unit.
This is a link to the 6 pin din pinout of the trainer port (Futaba 6 pin) http://www.endurance-rc.com/pinouts.php
If the radio will work, then should the connection from goggles to trainer port be,
White(GND) to shield

Link down

FatShark
30th January 2013, 02:33 AM
Hey, why would my goggles only move the "pan" direction? They worked fine in both pan and tilt and now when I move the goggles left and right the camera moves left and right as advertised. The problem is now when I move the goggles up and down, then camera moves left and right and not up and down. Did I mess something up during the setup menu?? I havnt changed anything in my radio setup so that should not be the problem. Also my servo's are plugged into the 5 and 6 channel of the reeiver. nothing changed there also. I was trying to get my pan servo direction reversed and did so, but now the tilt will not engage. Thanks
Have you checked to see if your servo has been damaged? Tilt servos are easily damaged on landings due to the weight of the camera inducing torque.

Barry
30th January 2013, 02:36 AM
Yes. I checked the servo. works fine.. also I took the pan servo that is moving and placed it into the tilt channel of the receiver. It did not move. Its almost like the channel for the tilt signal is not getting its signal. Is there a possibility that I somehow turned off the tilt function via the {beep} menu??

Barry
30th January 2013, 02:39 AM
Just as a reminder, I only messed with the {beep} menu before the tilt function quit working.

FatShark
30th January 2013, 02:40 AM
No, you can't turn it off. You may have accidentally resigned the channel. go into your radio menu and set all channels 5-8 to head tracking enabled then open your servo test screen. The tilt should be on one of the channels 5-8. If after doing this you still only see the the pan working and no tilt on any channel then maybe the HT sensor has been damaged and needs to be replaced.

Barry
30th January 2013, 03:03 AM
You whats odd. Is that no matter which direction you move the goggles, it pans. When I move them up and down, it pans. When I move ithem left and right, it pans. Its almost like the tilt function was re-programmed to function as the pan. I suppose there isnt a way to reset them to factory is there??

FatShark
30th January 2013, 03:23 AM
If you try why I asked above it will tell you the problem.

Barry
30th January 2013, 04:08 AM
Nice job!! I must have replaced the default 5-6 channel with 5-7. When I looked in the servo test screen, it showed it just like you said. It is now up and running again thanks to you. Much appreciated!!

naija
30th January 2013, 10:07 AM
I watched your video. 2 things I noticed: 1) you're activating the HT auto disengage (double beep) when you move it to the new location. You need to reset it (long press until hear beep). 2) I didn't see you actually enable the spring loaded trainer switch.

I have tried all those things. But I will do it again and post another video. Also, I used my multimeter to check the continuity of my ps2/3.5mm cable. The ppm on the 3.5 (tip of connector) and the ppm wire on the ps2 connector were fine. But when I checked the ground on the 3.5 (back of connector) and the ppm pin in the ps2 connector I did not get a response. However, when I tested the ground on the 3.5 connector and the outside metal casing I got a response. Shouldn't I have gotten a response from the ppm pin inside the ps2 connector, and not just from the metal casing?

I purchased this cable from HK. Thanks.

ECUAdam
30th January 2013, 11:51 AM
I have the predator V1 goggles and futaba 9C transmitter using a corona rx. If I have the headset on ch 5/6 for head tracking when I move pan nothing happens, when I move tilt, both servos move. Even in the servo display on the futaba as I tilt up, channel 5 moves up the 6 moves down on tilt. If I select channel 7/8 then everything works as it should, pan pans and tilt tilts. What have I done wrong. I have looked for any mix in the radio, and have even went as far as to completely reset the model in the 9c to start from scratch with the same result. Thanks for the help in advance.

fpv-surferdude
30th January 2013, 02:19 PM
Link down
The link works for me every time. Just let it load for a second, then scroll down.

Fatshark, here is a link to the english manual for the Futaba 7uap. http://pdfreedownload.com/pdf/futaba-7732043.html (http://pdfreedownload.com/pdf/futaba-7732043.html) Please tell me if this Tx will work with the Attitude SD HT unit.
This is a link to the 6 pin din pinout of the trainer port (Futaba 6 pin) http://www.endurance-rc.com/pinouts.php (http://www.endurance-rc.com/pinouts.php)
White(GND) to shield

FatShark
30th January 2013, 09:51 PM
According to the manual, the Futaba 7uap has a rudimentary all-or-nothing training function (only hands full control to the trainer, not selective) so this radio will no support head tracking.

FatShark
30th January 2013, 09:52 PM
I have the predator V1 goggles and futaba 9C transmitter using a corona rx. If I have the headset on ch 5/6 for head tracking when I move pan nothing happens, when I move tilt, both servos move. Even in the servo display on the futaba as I tilt up, channel 5 moves up the 6 moves down on tilt. If I select channel 7/8 then everything works as it should, pan pans and tilt tilts. What have I done wrong. I have looked for any mix in the radio, and have even went as far as to completely reset the model in the 9c to start from scratch with the same result. Thanks for the help in advance.

That's a setup issue with your radio and out of my scope of support. Maybe someone with the same radio and experience can chime in. You could leave the HT on ch 7/8 if it works there.

pipposoft
5th February 2013, 02:44 PM
Hi
I need to set the TILT on CH 5 how can I do?

NAZA use a controller, and I can not change channels, as supplied with Futaba S-Bus

Thanks
Regards
Giuseppe D0Angelo

FatShark
7th February 2013, 03:38 AM
Hi
I need to set the TILT on CH 5 how can I do?

NAZA use a controller, and I can not change channels, as supplied with Futaba S-Bus

Thanks
Regards
Giuseppe D0Angelo

It can't be done in the head tracker settings. I'll have to look into solutions after Feb 25th. I'll discuss with a few people in the meantime.

buzz_eclair
7th February 2013, 04:31 PM
Hello

I use a Multiplex Royal Pro 16 and Fatshark Dominator.

Can I use the head tracker of the dominator with this radio?

Somebody have a diagram for the link

Manual in english of th Royal Pro 16 : http://www.multiplexusa.com/downloads/M35345-Royal_Pro_Manual.pdf

Menu Training Page 63

Thanks

FatShark
7th February 2013, 08:09 PM
It has the selective assignment function necessary for the head tracker to work but it references a "special" trainer cable they require. The manual says that the pupil radio (i.e. head tracker) and be any radio so it should work but you will have to get the cable and figure out how to connect. I'd appreciate it if you share your setup instructions after you get it working.

buzz_eclair
8th February 2013, 12:52 AM
Hello

I've find pin assigment for the MPX connector

http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/image/fig3-04.gif

3 = Ground
4 = OUT / IN
1 = +V batteries
2 = + V batteries (SWITCHED)
5 = non employé (voir ci-dessous)

What is the pin assignement for the fatshark dominator connector?

FatShark
8th February 2013, 03:45 AM
Pin assignment PDF is on the 1st post of this thread. Be careful of MPX connector's pin 1 and 3 which are ground and power. I can't tell from the drawing which direction they are referring. I wouldn't attempt this without a digital volt meter and rechecked 4 times before connecting (connecting wrong could either damage the head tracker or the RC radio).

buzz_eclair
8th February 2013, 03:54 AM
Hello

Multiplex : fig. 3-04

Contact pin configuration viewed on female plug mating face :
3 = Ground
4 = OUT / IN
1 = +V batteries
5 = not used (see hereunder)

The new models of Multiplex radios have 3 more contacts that are used to copy data to another radio or to a PC or for direct connection to the receiver for adjustments without HF.

The new Multiplex Royal Evo is thrown into the market. On this radio, there is a possibility within the programming to define what brand of radio is used as pupil-radio. This manufacturer finally understood.

See on this website : http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/english/tx2txgb3.htm

buzz_eclair
8th February 2013, 12:28 PM
Do you think it's necessary that i use the pin power of head tracker link?

Mangus
16th February 2013, 10:48 PM
How can u switch off this Auto disengage function ???

It doesn't appear that ApoC's question was answered, and I have the same question. The headtracker seems great so far (thanks for a great product!), except the auto-disengage is quite annoying. I set my servo limits in my radio and a switch to enable and disable tracking, so I don't need to use this feature. With it on, the tracker goes into pause when I very much wish it wouldn't. Having to take my hands off the transmitter for 3 seconds to unpause isn't the most comfortable thing.

I can absolutely see the value of this feature in other setups, but my hope is to be able to disable it in mine. Can this be turned off at all? (My guess is that I'm going to have to send my new purchase in to have it serviced to disable this.)

Thanks again for your hard work on this great device. It'll be flawless for me once this issue is resolved.

(PS - future hardware revision request - on some trackers, there is a centering button at the transmitter connector that could be mounted for easy access without removal of the pilot's hands. This was brilliant. It'd be great to have this on this unit.)

AeroHeadTW
19th February 2013, 10:05 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry if this seems repetative, but I haven't found a diagram yet that pulls together all the connections for Dragon Link v2, RC tx (JR/Spektrum) and Head Tracking goggles.

I took some time tonight and created the diagram below--but I'm still not sure if it's all correct. I also have a few questions noted on the sheet.

I'd appreciate any feedback and can update the diagram with any corrections.

Thanks,
AeroHeadTW
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

mrk172
21st February 2013, 09:51 AM
I hope we can get a confirmation on this because I have the new T14SG, the FS DOM's and Dragonlink.

Hopefully the wiring will be identical.

FatShark
21st February 2013, 01:39 PM
The goggles can be powered through the HT port or the battery. The goggle will select the highest voltage source. I don't know what voltage the Dragon Link outputs. Dragon Link support should be able to give you better information as the goggles were designed as plug/play with the ezOSD and Futaba radios. I would assume there should be some wiring diagrams available for this setup as its quite common.

mrk172
21st February 2013, 01:48 PM
Is there a way to tell if the T14SG is compatible because I've been trying for hours to connect directly to the radio and I'm having no luck at all. I've used the 14 channel Rx and a 7 channel rx and I've tried every mode and channel combo possible.

This is the module I have installed in the Dom's

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=107&products_id=525

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/14sg-manual.pdf

FatShark
21st February 2013, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure what that radio is. But if its a 14 channel radio then it will need to be in 8 channel mode for it to work with the head tracker (head tracker outputs an 8 channel signal).

mrk172
21st February 2013, 01:58 PM
OK thanks.. It's the new Futaba T14SG.. Guess i need to use 8 channel or better RX..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/bpd964/61D439D8-49FE-4BB1-BAEB-2A9EB5471811-6401-000002B45430ECEE_zpsfbfd787c.jpg

FatShark
21st February 2013, 02:00 PM
The radio should have an 8ch mode. I'll be back in the office after the 25th and can investigate further at that time if you haven't resolved.

mrk172
21st February 2013, 02:01 PM
Thank you very much!

mrk172
22nd February 2013, 08:05 PM
I will confirm that the T14SG is compatible with the fatshark head tracker module installed in the Dominators.
I'm using head tracker channels 5 and 7. You must be in 8ch mode and the channels have to be set to NORM. In the trainer menu. You also have to assign a switch to activate the tracking system. "Act" must be set to "on"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFTEO6Xx5Q0&sns=em

FatShark
24th February 2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the post and link. I've updated the compatibility list.

stefans
27th February 2013, 07:52 AM
Is the Graupner Mx-16 Hott supported or a way to manage this?

I bought this transmitter because of the 8 channels which was enough I guess.
But can't find anything about support, only mx-20.

Hope you can help me with this..

FatShark
28th February 2013, 05:25 AM
post a link to the English manual and I will check it.

stefans
28th February 2013, 05:39 AM
Bought last week the FatShark Attitude for the headtracking and the 35 degree fov.
So hopefully it will work ;-)

post a link to the English manual and I will check it.

Link to the Graupner Mx-16 manual:
http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/files/33116_mx16_HoTT_Manuals_DE_EN_FR_IT_ES_NL.zip

FatShark
2nd March 2013, 01:53 AM
Pg 154 of your manual explains the settings. Set ch 5/6 to P (pupil) and rest to T (trainer) and flip your trainer switch. Please post when you have successfully got it working so I can update the compatibility list.

erkel55
5th March 2013, 12:42 AM
dear fpvlab
bought a fatshark dominator with headtracking module, now i cant find how to get this work with my turnigy open9x firmware!

thanks for any help

stephan

Zangetsu57
5th March 2013, 12:54 AM
dear fpvlab
bought a fatshark dominator with headtracking module, now i cant find how to get this work with my turnigy open9x firmware!

thanks for any help

stephan

I haven't used open9x, but with er9x, you need to enable the trainer port before the PPM signals can be sent out. You also need to set some of the mixes to the correct PPM channels. These channels depend on how your Fatsharks are set up (see the manual). Good luck!

YooDoG
6th March 2013, 05:49 PM
FatShark,
I have seen a lot of people looking for explanation of how to connect it to trainer port of Walkera Devo (especially 8s and 10th)... Devo has trainer port in 3.5 headphone jack, but the cable supplied was mono... Yet, it is a very advance controller with all the channels mixing and training setting; there should not be any problem programming it, but how do we connect it :(

PLEASE!!(
may be a custom pin-out diagram would be helpful....

VentusFlyer
7th March 2013, 05:20 PM
The MIG V4 outputs 8ch. You may want to get everything working direct with the ER9X before introducing the Dragonlink. Plug the data cable into the trainer port of the ER9X and open up the servo test screen. You should see the servo bars moving there if setup correctly.

FatShark,
How many channels does the head tracker in the RCV922 Base ouput (I own the version with optional integrated HT)?
Thanks!

FatShark
7th March 2013, 08:35 PM
FatShark,
I have seen a lot of people looking for explanation of how to connect it to trainer port of Walkera Devo (especially 8s and 10th)... Devo has trainer port in 3.5 headphone jack, but the cable supplied was mono... Yet, it is a very advance controller with all the channels mixing and training setting; there should not be any problem programming it, but how do we connect it :(

PLEASE!!(
may be a custom pin-out diagram would be helpful....

It should be easy to make a 3p to 2p 3.5mm adapter cable to go from the Turnigy Data Cable to the Walkera 2p input. Cable pinouts can be downloaded from the 1st page of this thread.

FatShark
7th March 2013, 08:41 PM
FatShark,
How many channels does the head tracker in the RCV922 Base ouput (I own the version with optional integrated HT)?
Thanks!

3 Channels. See attached manual.

Malinois1
7th March 2013, 09:10 PM
It should be easy to make a 3p to 2p 3.5mm adapter cable to go from the Turnigy Data Cable to the Walkera 2p input. Cable pinouts can be downloaded from the 1st page of this thread.

You mean a Mono to Stereo jack?

FatShark
7th March 2013, 09:34 PM
I don't know what the trainer cable pinout is for the Devo. The turnigy data cable is 3 pole (1 pole GND, 1 pole PPM, 1 pole not used). You need to map the GND and PPM to the 2p Devo trainer cable according to their specifications.

VentusFlyer
8th March 2013, 12:53 AM
3 Channels. See attached manual.

Fatshark,

Thanks for the reply - however I think you are referring to the number of frequency channels?

I am asking about the number of PPM out channels (student box PPM channels). I ask because the DragonLink tracker input needs PPM from a head tracker in which the pan and tilt PPM are on the last two channels of the head tracker. Please could you confirm whether the Base has an HT with 8 PPM channels?

Thanks again,
M

FatShark
8th March 2013, 01:17 AM
Yes, its 8ch PPM from the dongle. Please see above posted manual for setting in either channel 5/6 or 7/8.

gotterholt
8th March 2013, 11:15 AM
I have followed the Dx8 set up and programming listed above and have not been able to get head tracking to work with my Atittude SD goggles any ideas from Dx8 users would
be helpful

Thanks!

vagsoftware
8th March 2013, 11:15 AM
Hello,

I'm total newbie in the field of RC and FPV. I know very well uc programming and robotics construction. I want to buy a remote control, a decent, not expensive one, to backup control a mobile robot with FPV HT. I read already about Turnigy 9X and 9XR. I'm not satisfied with the quality of the construction, I was looking for Graupner HoTT MX-12. It seems decent. Will this work with FatShark Attitude SD? I want to buy first the remote to programming it and bind it to platform and then the FPV system. Anyway please help me, I need a quick answer. If you have other options feel free to expose them.

Thank you very much.

PS: HT is mandatory.

FatShark
8th March 2013, 08:04 PM
Please post a link to an English manual of the MX-12

vagsoftware
9th March 2013, 01:57 AM
Please post a link to an English manual of the MX-12

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/files/33112_mx-12_Manuals_DE_EN_FR_ES_NL.zip

Thank you.

FatShark
9th March 2013, 02:17 AM
Yes it will work. Refer to page 156 for details. Note that this radio will only support head tracking on ch 5 and 6 (HT factory default). You can't selectively assign ch7 or ch8 like other radios. This radio will not support the roll axis of my next generation headset.

vagsoftware
9th March 2013, 04:38 AM
Yes it will work. Refer to page 156 for details. Note that this radio will only support head tracking on ch 5 and 6 (HT factory default). You can't selectively assign ch7 or ch8 like other radios. This radio will not support the roll axis of my next generation headset.

Roll axis will be supported on Graupner MX-16? This is the consecutive model in price that I can afford and will to buy. MX-20 is too expensive. I want to have it especially for FatShark HT feature. Actually I already ordered the MX-16 because it has 8 channel (2 are occupied with HT).

Manual is here:

http://www.graupner.de/mediaroot/files/33116_mx16_HoTT_Manuals_DE_EN_FR_IT_ES_NL.zip

Thanks for all that you do!

vagsoftware
9th March 2013, 04:44 AM
By the way, when FatShark Attitude HD will be released? Or better to say, what model from all the line will be more advanced? Worth to wait and get it or it's enough SD model? Just an opinion for a normal user that wants to enjoy FPV. After I buy RC, I want to buy FPV.

AxelM8
13th March 2013, 04:49 PM
Does it support Turnigy 9XR? And how do I set it up? Its not the same trainer menu?

FatShark
14th March 2013, 12:20 AM
Does it support Turnigy 9XR? And how do I set it up? Its not the same trainer menu?
its not easy. this guy figured it out (thank you MrArron):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JINSEwH4k4I

FatShark
14th March 2013, 12:26 AM
Roll axis will be supported on Graupner MX-16? This is the consecutive model in price that I can afford and will to buy. MX-20 is too expensive. I want to have it especially for FatShark HT feature. Actually I already ordered the MX-16 because it has 8 channel (2 are occupied with HT).

Manual is here:

Thanks for all that you do!

Yes, the MX16 will support HT on channels 5,6,7 and 8.

vagsoftware
14th March 2013, 02:47 AM
Yes, the MX16 will support HT on channels 5,6,7 and 8.

Just perfect! I bought MX-16, bind it to platform, I now try to buy a FS Attiude from Europe. I just can't find any stocks. Maybe you can help me with some information. When HD line will be available? I don't know what to do, to buy now SD or to wait. But how long?

stefans
14th March 2013, 02:56 AM
Headtracking works on my DJI F550 with Graupner Mx-16!
Used channel 5 & 6 but better to put it on 7-8 if possible. Going to change this this evening.
Otherwise the X1 in the naza assistant gives an error (GPS-Att-M) mode switch.

Don't forget to bind in the teacher/pupil menu on your transmitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgoos15nBH0Thanks for the help!

vagsoftware
14th March 2013, 04:42 AM
Headtracking works on my DJI F550 with Graupner Mx-16!
Used channel 5 & 6 but better to put it on 7-8 if possible. Going to change this this evening.
Otherwise the X1 in the naza assistant gives an error (GPS-Att-M) mode switch.

Don't forget to bind in the teacher/pupil menu on your transmitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgoos15nBH0Thanks for the help!

Woooooow!!!!!!!Tell me all the configuration that you have done for this to work.
I want to know the pupil teacher menu and control setup menu where you set the channels. What cable did you used? It is include in the FS kit? Can you power the goggles from the Graupner MX-16 without lipo on them?

AxelM8
14th March 2013, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=FatShark;232095]its not easy. this guy figured it out (thank you MrArron):

Thanks for the hint! Followed MrArrons instructions and now have the headtracker working! Not I just need to figure out how to make a good mount for the cam... :) But thats another story.

stefans
16th March 2013, 09:36 AM
MX-16 with headtracking.

Today I want to make my first flight with head tracking on my hexacopter.
Some people say you get easy disoriented but I think its ok when you hoover and for landing.

Here some explanation on how easy it will work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3NlB0K4y1A&feature=youtu.be

Svenska
16th March 2013, 01:22 PM
Hello,

did anybody get the Attitudes working with the Graupner MC22? I got the old one here, the first model made with 35Mhz as European model.
Sadly i cant seem to find a English manual for it. I checked the manual for the Mx-16 and the MX-20 and they are quiet different.

I think I figured it out by reverse engineering the trainer/pupil ports. I would need to know on what voltage the PPM signal that comes out of the Attitudes is?

Thanks

Hcrazed
19th March 2013, 08:07 AM
Looking to purchase a futaba 9chp radio for fvp. Will this radio work the head tracking feature and is this the best choice radio for fpv

FatShark
19th March 2013, 09:09 PM
Looking to purchase a futaba 9chp radio for fvp. Will this radio work the head tracking feature and is this the best choice radio for fpv

If its not on the support or unsupported list on the 1st page of this thread, post a link to the English manual and I will check and update the list.

todd
19th March 2013, 10:03 PM
hi can anyone help me i just go a set of fat shark attitude sd and i cant get the head tracking to work with my DX8 ive set it up as per the instructions i found here and when i press my trainer button all it does is sends both servos completely to full limits and i can also see this happening in my servo monitor on my DX8 any help please

Cheers Todd

FatShark
20th March 2013, 05:08 AM
Hi Todd, does the head tracker beep on startup? Are you able to enter and navigate the head tracker menu?

Hcrazed
20th March 2013, 01:17 PM
If its not on the support or unsupported list on the 1st page of this thread, post a link to the English manual and I will check and update the list.

link to futaba 9chp http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/9c-manual-v1_2.pdf

todd
20th March 2013, 05:44 PM
yes when its powered up it makes beep..beep..beep in like more of a continual fashion then a little pause then one beep then nothing until i move the goggles around say at least 45 degrees and then two beep beep. And yes i seem to be able to enter the set up menu by powering and holding the h/t button. Maybe i have a faulty pair of goggles? i mean they are only a couple of days old!

FatShark
20th March 2013, 09:14 PM
yes when its powered up it makes beep..beep..beep in like more of a continual fashion then a little pause then one beep then nothing until i move the goggles around say at least 45 degrees and then two beep beep. And yes i seem to be able to enter the set up menu by powering and holding the h/t button. Maybe i have a faulty pair of goggles? i mean they are only a couple of days old!
You don't have a faulty pair of goggles. The description you gave matches perfectly of a functioning head tracker. The double beep when moving around is the auto centering being triggered. The problem is with your RC radio setup configuration. Are you enabling the spring loaded trainer switch? If so, go back and double check all the configurations to make sure they match EXACTLY as shown early in this thread. Failing that, post a CLEAR video showing you entering the radio menu and setup configuration, the head tracker cable connected to radio, the headset being powered and the HT switch being enabled.

VentusFlyer
22nd March 2013, 03:10 PM
FatShark,
Do you have instructions on how to construct a cable to output PPM from my MIG HT PS2 plug to the Track port of a DragonLink Tx?
Thanks

FatShark
22nd March 2013, 08:41 PM
FatShark,
Do you have instructions on how to construct a cable to output PPM from my MIG HT PS2 plug to the Track port of a DragonLink Tx?
Thanks
I do not, sorry. You might want to check the DragonLink support. I think there are how-to's there.

pulsarxp
2nd April 2013, 10:51 AM
I made video conversion EzUHF cable with Turnigy9x Compatible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K55d3j8nahE

Limeclouds
4th April 2013, 08:01 AM
Edit:

...ill just use Ezuhf its easier :)

Joshvm
13th April 2013, 08:48 AM
Hi,

I've recently purchased the fatshark attitude sd kit. Very exciting!

Does anyone know if it's possible to integrate the MIG head tracking with a spektrum dx7 radio?
The first post mentions there may be a software upgrade for this.

I'm hoping I don't have to spend more cash on another radio, rx and comparable gyro.

Cheers
Josh

DaleS
17th April 2013, 04:21 PM
I have the Walkera Devo 10 Tx which has the trainer function. It can be assigned to several channels beside just the four basic control functions. I am trying to decide if I want to buy a head tracking unit and was wondering if you can make a suggestion about using the Walkera Tx with the Dominator or Predator goggles? Thanks for your help and for your web site.
Dale

jroestel
17th April 2013, 05:56 PM
Can you be so kind and help me with the interface cable for a Mutiplex Profi 4000 and the Fatshark dominator ?
Thank you
Juan

FatShark
18th April 2013, 06:33 AM
Please post a link to the English manual of the Mulitplex radio in question. If it has specs on the trainer input I may be able to sketch up an interface cable. But if they don't spec the socket, there's really not much I can do without physically probing a radio.

aeryck
18th April 2013, 09:36 AM
fyi.. futaba 9z/wc2 confirmed working with dominator headtracking module.

details in this post:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?6346-FUTABA-9Z-FATSHARK-GOGGLES&p=250766&viewfull=1#post250766

for those that don't want to deal with soldering their own cable, send me a pm and I may be able to make one for you.

jroestel
18th April 2013, 05:14 PM
I will be sending the schematics of the connector and the trainer port, is there any e-mail where I can send it to you directly?
Thank you!

Thomas Nelson
18th April 2013, 11:37 PM
I revised this posting on October 22, 2013 to point to a correction from what was pictured. Here is the link. (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?7012-Head-Tracker-Radio-Support.-List-of-supported-radio-and-instructions&p=362283&viewfull=1#post362283)

Ok - I searched but came up with only enough info to make me nervous about proceeding. So here's where I'm at:

I have an old (circa 1992) 72 MHz Futaba T8UHFs transmitter. This is also known as a 8U Super. Also 8UHPS or 8UHFS (to help future searches). Per the first post, "Futaba: in general Futaba 7 series radios and above support the HT", so I have at least some confidence this Tx is compatible.

This radio has a round trainer port, which is I think called a 6-pin Din style plug from reading upthread and elsewhere (attached). I have the trainer cable and have used it many times over the years, so I can confirm the Tx works as intended in THAT application via the trainer port.

I also have Fatshark Attitude SD goggles complete with all Head Tracker cables.

I want to hack my trainer cable as well as the appropriate goggle cable. But I am deathly afraid of smoking BOTH my Tx and goggles if I get it wrong. Can I get confirmation that if I solder up a cable as shown attached that I will end up with a working piece of hardware?

Thank-you so much in advance!!

tn

FatShark
19th April 2013, 07:09 AM
Shoot, I just wrote up a big response and then looked at your photo again then went back and its gone.
- The radio looks like it supports the HT
- Yes, be very careful or you can damage your radio. Please tell me you actually own a DVM to test your cables and connectors before attempting.
- you are on the output pin of the Futaba, need to be on the input pin
- no need to connect the 2 grounds together on the headset side

aeryck
19th April 2013, 09:55 AM
Thomas, see post #227 above - I am willing to bet that the cable you need is the same one I just made for the Futaba 9z; it has the same 6-pin DIN trainer cord as your radio.

FatShark is correct - your photos show you on the wrong PPM pin. I used pin #3 of the round DIN plug, not pin #2. You do show ground in the correct location; the metal outer shield of the DIN plug.

Thomas Nelson
19th April 2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the help Fatshark!

Yes I've got a multimeter and I am pretty confident I understand everything you have posted above.

Moving forward, how can I use my DVM to test for the correct pins on my Tx?

Looking at my diagram you can see my initial thought was NOT to power the goggles from the Tx ... just get them working first. Then after I have the pan & tilt sorted, I could go back and determine which Tx pin can drive the goggles too. But if you already know the correct Tx (trainer port) pin please feel free to say so. I assume the correct pin is the one (and that there is only one?) showing ~12v relative to ground.

Thanks again!

tn

Thomas Nelson
19th April 2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks aeryck!

I agree that pin 3 seems more logical than pin 2. Seems even kinda obvious in hindsight, so "D'oh" as Homer would say! However I am all for using my multimeter for 'testing before trying' ... given what's at stake.

I'll just hold up for a bit to see what Fatshark has in mind in this regard.

tn

gotterholt
19th April 2013, 01:30 PM
RE: Fat Shark Attitude Goggle cables.
Has anyone used the S video cables that come with the goggles?
Please explain the use and the video equipment that it can be connected to.

I have got the AV cable working for projecting the video on the goggles onto a computer screen.

aeryck
19th April 2013, 01:34 PM
there are a couple pins that will show voltage on your trainer port.. when i get home i can reference my 9z service manual for a detailed pinout.

if memory serves, pin 1 is switched +v - it only shows voltage when the tx power switch is on. pin 4 is unswitched +v, it always shows voltage. i believe the only reason for pin4 is because pin 5 is a voltage input - if pin4 is tied to pin5, the radio will power up with rf output disabled. this is used for trainer cables to power on the radio in slave mode (student radio).

dvm will work great for finding the +v pin, however it wont help much to find ppm - for that you would need an oscilloscope to see the ppm signal. a dvm on the ppm pin may show fluctuating voltage readings between 2 - 3 volts, but that's all.

hope you get it working!

aeryck
19th April 2013, 01:36 PM
RE: Fat Shark Attitude Goggle cables.
Has anyone used the S video cables that come with the goggles?
Please explain the use and the video equipment that it can be connected to.

I have got the AV cable working for projecting the video on the goggles onto a computer screen.

the s-video cable on your goggles is actually not for video at all, it is for connecting the goggles to a radio or uhf transmitter for head tracking. the ezuhf has a similar s-video style connector to attach to the goggles, and there are several cables for attaching the s-video plug on the headset to the trainer port of compatible radios.

Thomas Nelson
19th April 2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for that! I'd definitely appreciate having that detailed pinout. Obviously my manual doesn't have anywhere near that level of detail. You referenced your "service manual" - I'm going online this evening to see if I might find one for my Tx.

Looking forward to your pinout - thanks again!

tn

there are a couple pins that will show voltage on your trainer port.. when i get home i can reference my 9z service manual for a detailed pinout.

if memory serves, pin 1 is switched +v - it only shows voltage when the tx power switch is on. pin 4 is unswitched +v, it always shows voltage. i believe the only reason for pin4 is because pin 5 is a voltage input - if pin4 is tied to pin5, the radio will power up with rf output disabled. this is used for trainer cables to power on the radio in slave mode (student radio).

dvm will work great for finding the +v pin, however it wont help much to find ppm - for that you would need an oscilloscope to see the ppm signal. a dvm on the ppm pin may show fluctuating voltage readings between 2 - 3 volts, but that's all.

hope you get it working!

aeryck
19th April 2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks for that! I'd definitely appreciate having that detailed pinout. Obviously my manual doesn't have anywhere near that level of detail. You referenced your "service manual" - I'm going online this evening to see if I might find one for my Tx.

Looking forward to your pinout - thanks again!

tn

no worries. the service manuaI i spoke of is not an official futaba product; it was made by someone in the uk. VERY informative, but applies only to the 9z. however, the trainer pin out should apply to all futaba radios with the 6-pin din plug.

aeryck
20th April 2013, 10:41 PM
Here is the trainer port pinout I have. This is an excerpt from the unofficial 9Z service manual written by Quincross, located at http://www.jamesandtracy.co.uk/howto/9Z.htm. Hopefully he doesn't mind that I'm posting this image. =]

Like I said, it should apply to most all Futaba radios with the 6-pin DIN plug, at least in terms of the required pins for headtracking support (Ground and PPM Input).

Thomas Nelson
21st April 2013, 03:49 AM
Thank-you!

I'll try to connect #3 and ground on my Tx
to
PPM and ground on my headset.

Both Tx and headset will have their own 3S lipo for power.

Sound about right?

aeryck
21st April 2013, 12:44 PM
Thank-you!

I'll try to connect #3 and ground on my Tx
to
PPM and ground on my headset.

Both Tx and headset will have their own 3S lipo for power.

Sound about right?

yup, sounds exactly like the cable I made up. I'm not using the goggle power pin either.

Thomas Nelson
21st April 2013, 03:58 PM
Ok thanks so much!

tn

jroestel
22nd April 2013, 09:57 AM
Please post a link to the English manual of the Mulitplex radio in question. If it has specs on the trainer input I may be able to sketch up an interface cable. But if they don't spec the socket, there's really not much I can do without physically probing a radio.
Here attached you can find the pin out of the DIN plug in the Multiplex Profi 4000:

Multiplex : fig. 3-04

http://users.belgacom.net/TX2TX/tx2tx/image/fig3-04.gifContact pin configuration viewed on female plug mating face :
3 = Ground
4 = OUT / IN
1 = +V batteries
5 = not used (see hereunder)

Ltomi78
25th April 2013, 05:43 AM
Hi!

I would like to achieve the max end point on my pan tilt servo system.
I use 180 degree servo for right and left turn. I have attitude SD and the HT works but the bars on display and my servo also not reach the limit. Ther servo turns only 75-80degree:confused:. I use Er9x fw on Turnigy 9x , the HT is on ppm6 and ppm7 channel. PPM 6 for right and left turn.
I tried to give twice the ppm6 in er9x software. It seems to be good to achieve the end points so I reach the remaining 10-15 degree so the servo can turn till 90-90 degree on both direction. The problem with this method that the 180 degree servo turns the camera almost twice as much as I turn the goggle. So if I turn the google with 45 degree the servo turns almost 80 degree. The other problem that on this way the servo is very sensitive for small motions and hard to calibrate center point. Sometimes after hard turns left - right the servo do not go back to the real center point, need to recalibrate!:confused:

What is the best solution to use the 180 degree servo with maximal end point with attitude HT and er9x: real 90-90 degree for both direction?

FatShark
25th April 2013, 08:00 AM
There are servo extenders available which are basically a little PCB that goes inline between the receiver and the servo. It increases the PPM ratio. Some are adjustable. Google servo extender.

Ltomi78
25th April 2013, 08:09 AM
There are servo extenders available which are basically a little PCB that goes inline between the receiver and the servo. It increases the PPM ratio. Some are adjustable. Google servo extender.

Hi!

Thanks for quick reply. Ok so this is the only way to achieve the max ppm ration?. So you can confrim that Attitude SD not able to reach the same ppm ratio as I can reach with potentionmeter knobs on my radio? When I use pot on my radio I can reach full bar moving on the display and my 180 degree servo turns really 180 degree.
Please take into consideration that this is a factory made 180 degree servo, why I need to use extender????
When I use attitude I can achieve only 160 degree (80-80 to each direction).
So the ppm ration is smaller coming form the Attitude?
can you confrim?

FatShark
25th April 2013, 08:19 AM
The HT does go full standard motion (1.04ms - 2.0ms). What you are gaining with the POT on the radio is the bit of adjustment on either end of the standard range. Not all radios can support more than the standard motion so the HT only supports standard motion.
New Trinity head tracker has an extended motion setting (0.8ms - 2.24ms) to work with radios that support it.

aeryck
25th April 2013, 08:39 AM
The HT does go full standard motion (1.04ms - 2.0ms). What you are gaining with the POT on the radio is the bit of adjustment on either end of the standard range. Not all radios can support more than the standard motion so the HT only supports standard motion.
New Trinity head tracker has an extended motion setting (0.8ms - 2.24ms) to work with radios that support it.

Another way to say it would be that the Attitude's HT supports the equivalent travel range of -100% to +100% in your radio's settings (standard range). The additional range available by your radio (for example, -125% to +125%) is not supported by the HT.

Ltomi78, in an earlier post you had mentioned that by adjusting your radio's settings, you were able to get the HT to pan the servo the full 180 degrees of motion, but that the movements were very touchy - small movements of the goggles meant large movements on the servo.. How did you do this?

I am not familiar with the capability of the er9x firmware, but does it support master/student mixing? For example, on my Futaba radio, I can configure the student channels in two ways - one is direct control, and the other will allow me to mix the student's signal with the master radio's signal, which allows me to use my radio to 'tweak' the commands from the HT. Using this method, I can tweak the pan signal to give me a bit of extra range of motion. (I have a 180 degree pan servo on my Twinstar that I am using in this manner.)

Typically, master/student mixing is used in cases where the master radio has a mix defined (say, flaperons, dual ailerons, aileron->rudder mix, etc) and the student radio is a simple radio with no mixing - the master radio still performs the mixes while the student radio provides the actual stick controls.

Ltomi78
25th April 2013, 09:10 AM
"Ltomi78, in an earlier post you had mentioned that by adjusting your radio's settings, you were able to get the HT to pan the servo the full 180 degrees of motion, but that the movements were very touchy - small movements of the goggles meant large movements on the servo.. How did you do this?"

One of my friend suggest to add twice the ppm6 to channel 6. I dont know the specific name of this setup, but you can see in the menu that therer are two setting for channel 6, one ppm6 is 125% wieght and an other below them with 25% weight.
This way you can reach full motion for 180 degree servo, the bar goes till the limit on radio display so it works. but motion is very sensitive and hard to find center.

Can I ask auto correction in normal mode, and autocorrection is passive how they works? It would be nice to see a video. For me its very hard to find the center point with the Attitude because when center it, it makes distortion in left right range in the radio movement and I had to recenter it again with the radio. So harmonise the radio center for pan and headtracker center with Attitude for pan is very tricky.

pulsarxp
25th April 2013, 11:47 AM
Add this way.
You may want to add curves to the center is not too sensitive

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--Iu7xi99sL8/UXlPwFRRNXI/AAAAAAAASvU/S2DiTW0ijGg/w302-h225/htbeallitas.png